It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did President Obama pay his fair share of taxes? And Why are democrats the party of billionaires?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Did President Obama pay his fair share of taxes?

Tax information for President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden was made public yesterday. The President and the first lady earned $1.73 million in joint income last year while Vice President Biden and his wife Jill earned $379,000. That puts both the 1st and 2nd families in the dreaded 'wealthiest 1%' category - a group which Democrats endlessly lecture on paying their fair share. So, did President Obama and Joe Biden do their 'patriotic duty' and pay their fair share?

We have a stereotype in America that Democrats aren't wealthy. People like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and George Soros just don't have any money.

Liberals are screaming that the rich are getting to many tax breaks. Well, how about the wealthy Democrats?

Why do billionaires tend to be Obama supporting democrats?
The vast majority of billionaires in the US supported Obama and are democrats.

Bill and Melinda Gates $53 billion, Supported Obama, Democrats
Warren Buffett $47 billion, Supported Obama, Democrat
Eli Broad $5.9 billion, Supported Obama, Democrats journals.democraticunderground.com...
John Doerr, $1.7 billion, Supported Obama, Democrat venturebeat.com...
Gerry Lenfest, Supported Obama, Sestak, Democrat
www.campaignmoney.com...
John Morgridge, $1.6 billion. Supported Obama, Democrat
www.newsmeat.com...
Paul Allen $13.5 billion, Supported Obama, Democrat
www.campaignmoney.com...
Laura and John Arnold, $4 billion, Supported Obama, Democrat
www.campaignmoney.com...
Michael Bloomberg, $18 billion. Supported Obama, Democrat
Michele Chan, $5 billion. Supported Obama, Democrat
Barry Diller, $1.2 billion. Supported Obama, Democrat -
nymag.com...

.Why are democrats the party of billionaires?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Care to compile a list of all billionaires and compare a percentage?

You listed perhaps 20 that are democratic.
This hardly makes the democrats the party of billionaires.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here is the 2010 Forbes 400 richest Americans:

Now I will leave it to someone else to figure the D/R ratio.

www.forbes.com...

At a glance, I see many, many Republicans.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yeah, I mean I could list 8 current or ex NY Yankees that either appeared on the Mitchell report or failed a drug test afterward, while ignoring the rest of the other 29 major league teams and ask "Why are the Yankees the steroid team?"

This doesn't make it so. It's just selective cherry picking of data to support ones argument.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Care to compile a list of all billionaires and compare a percentage?

You listed perhaps 20 that are democratic.
This hardly makes the democrats the party of billionaires.

Please, do. And we shall all compare together.

And add to the list the multi-millionaires like Hugo Chavez fan Sean Penn and what not. Let's not forget that having a couple of hundred million dollars is no chump change. Not everything is a billionaire Democrat. Many are wealthy multi-millionaire Democrats.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That's because there is NO difference between Democrats and Republicans.
Perhaps it's time you wake up to that fact. We have a two party system that
is very effective in keeping us divided. It's a shell game darlin. And your
the mark.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Yeah, I mean I could list 8 current or ex NY Yankees that either appeared on the Mitchell report or failed a drug test afterward, while ignoring the rest of the other 29 major league teams and ask "Why are the Yankees the steroid team?"

This doesn't make it so. It's just selective cherry picking of data to support ones argument.

Wow. And you didn't even mention the NFL New York Giants or Jets. And what about the NBA Knicks? Hey, watch those NHL Islanders!!

How did we get this conversation into sports? Oh, yeah. I forgot. Liberals pretty much go wherever they seem to think the context fits.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
both parties have wealthy individuals, only one party introduces legislation to make the top 1% richer at the expense of the other 99%

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
the mark.

Pretty good point. Obama is a creation of the CIA. George Bush Sr. was once the Director of the CIA.

Yeah, that's a pretty good point you made. I agree in that context. Sure.

A smart industrialist or robber baron will choose whichever President suits them best. Obama suits Wall Street and George Soros best.

I never said there weren't any billionaire Republicans. But you'll notice that the liberals immediately start a comparison debate. Oh, the guilt of wealthy Democrats shines through.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

I see you're not familiar with analogies...

The point was to show your faulty logic, not to change the subject to sports.

The context fits in ALL billionaires. Not a hand picked list.
edit on 22-4-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

When you reputedly use an analogy to supposedly focus on my faulty logic, be sure the my logic is faulty, otherwise you are typing poetry.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ccponzi

Why are the republicans the billionaire party?

seattlepostglobe.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

By the way, according to your analogies....did Barry Bonds ever play for the Yankees? I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Great post! Does Nancy Pelosi really want to be an American and pay her fair share? How about Harry Reid? Our elected officials somehow feelbthey are exempt from these things. That is probably the biggest issue. They know what's right for us, but it's not right for them, somehow.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Hey, can you find a list for the Independents Who Are Billionaires. I think they are listed under Ross Perot?

Yeah, nice thing about America is that if you don't rely on welfare, you can become wealthy.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccponzi

By the way, according to your analogies....did Barry Bonds ever play for the Yankees? I don't think so.

Exactly. That's not my logic. I was illustrating yours. Jeez are you ok?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
Great post! Does Nancy Pelosi really want to be an American and pay her fair share? How about Harry Reid? Our elected officials somehow feelbthey are exempt from these things. That is probably the biggest issue. They know what's right for us, but it's not right for them, somehow.

Excellently put. And what about Nancy Pelosi charging the taxpayers for the use of military airplane transport back and forth between San Francisco and Washington?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Exactly. That's not my logic. I was illustrating yours. Jeez are you ok?

I am a gravy train on biscuit wheels.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
the mark.

Wish more and more people thought this way. 2 party system is a sham. Nothing but garbage.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Of course people like Obama and Pelosi did not pay their fair share. That is exactly what he was addressing. Undrer the current tax rates, the rich pay less of their fair share and the Republicans want to lower that more. He fully acknowledged the tax code is currently skewed in his favor so all your thread does is underline your vast missunderstanding of the current situation as well as what the president was saying.

Your logic about the Democrats being the party of Billionaires because you listed a few makes no sense at all and even less when you try to clarify.

Let's not forget that having a couple of hundred million dollars is no chump change. Not everything is a billionaire Democrat. Many are wealthy multi-millionaire Democrats.

So how does being a multi-millionaire make you a billionaire as per your title?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join