It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supporters plan Leavenworth rally for WikiLeaks soldier

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Hear hear!!

If we weren't meddling - that's SO part of my point. We should be minding our own business (which is in a quite alarming state of disarray). To be supporting protesters on the one hand and suppressing protesters on the other (domestic) hand is a double standard.

The CNN journalists that died in Libya were trying to disclose the truth - and are now dead.

Purplemer, kudos and star for you - of course he would have been found hanging by a rope, or --- never found at all. The only claim the gov has to "humane" treatment is that they DIDN'T assassinate him. And why did they not?

Um.....because of disclosure??

edit on 22-4-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2011 by wildtimes because: there was more than one journalist killed

edit on 22-4-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

if they wanted him to disappear, it would have happened BEFORE they detained him.....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

right, but then - how would THAT look?
Wikileaks already had the info - now Manning disappears? How would they explain that?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

in any number of ways, bombing attack, crash, etc etc

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I never said war was pretty, fair or even good for that matter.
The introduction of journalist on the battle field has hamstrung the fighting warrior.

I come from the thought of, if you make war, then go to war and win.
The Romans were successful in this process because they understood how to wage war and win.
Now, I am not saying we need to be at war, and I would defer to other options and leave war as a last resort.
But, when the US warrior goes to battle, giving them rules and providing pictures back to Ma and Pa does no good.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
As for the correct process?
I have yet to see where he went through this?
Could he have ended up dead? Sure. But what ifs in regards to this is for children.

He did not complete the process. Therefore, he is left with the outcome which is the sum of his action or inaction.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

That is more then likely the reason why he is kept in SC. If he is limited in his interactions with people, then that is a good thing for him.
You know, fights start for no reason some times in prisons. People are stabbed or pushed down stairs.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yes, his life might be in danger in the general prison population. Yes, "crimes" were committed. Yes, he broke rules. My point is that the established "rules" are too convoluted and perhaps not in the best interest of anyone BUT the military.

I appreciate your willingness to approach the subject from a respectful point of view, btw

All you ex-military people, IMO, have a lot of baggage that is confusing and perplexing (including my husband - fine, no more secrecy about my gender - I'm a daughter, sister, wife, mother, woman). My husband has priveleged me to know how the brain-training in the military is done - and with advanced studies and experience practicing in psychological sciences myself - I have come to the conclusion that the military is systematically destroying the viability of our strongest, youngest, and finest citizens. My two kids are still young enough to be drafted if it came to that ---

and that terrifies me just as much as when my two younger brothers were of age to be drafted during the Vietnam era.

War is definitely an ugly business, in every way.

And no one has commented on my remark that if full disclosure of everyone's tactics, strategies, and secret plans were brought to light - how much support would they still have?

How many people would just say......."um, no. bad idea. let's just fix our own probs and leave everyone else alone."

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
heres the most likely reason they didn't off manning because hes a dual citizen.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

VERY interesting hypothesis! How does that add up, though? Aren't the brits our buds??

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

your talking to the wrong guy i just threw that out there since it is a hypothetical comment.

the facts are the us is evil the us military are savages and nothing but a bunch of blood thirsty savages.

the fact manning still exists in this world disproves the very foundations of the accusations that fly around here and on the rest of the internet.

if the us was so evil as so many beleive he would have been offed .

personally i think the dude is a traitor should be drawn and quartered and since that wont ever happen he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

but then agian this is my opinion your free to disagree with it to each their own.
edit on 22-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey, a protest sounds like a good idea. Does anyone know where the murderers ... er, alleged murderers in the Collateral Murder video are being held? Surely they are getting the same treatment as Manning, or worse, but I can’t seem to find anything that even gives their names, much less where they are being detained.

Wherever they are, let's just hope they are in solitary and suicide watch for their own protection. They may want to commit suicide over their guilty conscience for gunning down unarmed children. Or they may be in danger from other military prisoners who may be disgusted by their actions.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'll intentionally disregard all the fascist TOOLs here individually (as they are all the same after all) and hope that tons of Americans will not just rally but make tougher pressure as well, not just in defense of Brad, but their Constitutional rights to have a lawful trial. This is an example of the evil of your government, of its totally mafia-like behavior towards people who dare exposing their little crimes in foreign land.

Some people have an agenda to accuse manning of being a "criminal"... well that's just too bad they just can't prove their ALLEGATIONS, 'cause he's been totally refused the right to prove or disprove anything, regardless of what he has done! We're talking about somebody who,s being detained without proper, lawful, trial, under assumptions that are still totally UNPROVEN.

Anyone who's against Manning's plea is downright against America, its Constitution, as well as the rules of engagement of the military. And if somebody here thinks bona fide justice would suit us more, then YOU BE THE FIRST to go through it..

When you get to jail indefinitely under single, unsubstanciated allegation that YOU raped or murdered someone, as an example, then I DARE YOU to come back here and tell us how just it is!
Otherwise, put up of shut up. People here don't like bastards who serve whatever TPTB are like filthy dogs craving for a piece of bone.

We are many, we surround you.

"We" as in "We, the People"...
edit on 22/4/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

When you get to jail indefinitely under single, unsubstanciated allegation that YOU raped or murdered someone, as an example, then I DARE YOU to come back here and tell us how just it is! Otherwise, put up of shut up.

I guess you should shut up as well, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Way to go with stirring the pot!
I love it!
Now I'll go back and read all the posts.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think that oath of yours
"oath to defend this country from enemies both foreign and domestic"

Should be altered to
"oath to defend this country from foreign enemies"

Current version seem to be causing a lot of mess and disagreements
. Every time some US citizen spouts common sense around here he must quote that oath as in some kind of court room.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

He's in jail basically for breach of contract. He's in jail because he put himself there, and even he knows that. He's in jail and he's not getting out because the "Government" that put him in there is the same "Government" that he signed an agreement with to NOT divulge information he is supposed to be safekeeping. So, doesn't matter where they put his sorry, useless ass, that's where he will stay, until, and if they decide to take hime to trial or just take him out and shoot him, which, if they wanted to, they could. The only reason he's in jail is because he's stupid. So, what does that have to do with any of that other stuff your talking about? Is it some kind of freedom of speech thing you think is going on or what? I don't get it? Why are you confused?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Where does it say anything about a country in here ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
reply to post by SassyCat

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic....

In this case, the enemy of "the Constitution of the United States" is the federal govenment that has become the enemy of our freedoms. Wake up! We have no freedoms BECAUSE of the government intrusion into our lives to the point that we are all considered to be terrorists if we disagree with the facists in charge.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Wow it never ceases to amaze me when the traitors of the Unites States of America get together for a rally to protest the detention of one our nations worst traitors. As a proud American the only way I would considering attending anything that had to do with this man- well you can't really call him a man- would be to attend the traitors inevitable execution. I almost would welcome our forces rounding up all the protesters and throwing them in jail with him. Our country would be a better place. This man has no rights he happily waived them when he joined the military. If he was a citizen he would have no rights as an enemy of United States.

You people happily support the enemy. An Enemy that's goal isn't to defeat our armed forces but to murder innocent women and children. Yes your children.to make a political point. An enemy that has determined that these same people protesting Private Manning s detention must either convert to Islam or be killed including your parents and your children. You are Oblivious to reality. I support our Constitutional rights and sometimes yes they are violated. I even support the Constitution even when it releases the bad guys from jail. Jailing the protesters obviously I wouldn't really support that is me just being angry with fellow Americans that are clueless and listen to the enemy's propaganda. And Ignorance is no excuse for supporting a traitor. Especially at a time when we are at war with an enemy sworn to destroy us. An enemy that hides in children's schoolsand hospitals. Not true? Yes it is I've seen it with my own eyes. These refuse to wear a uniform. To hide within innocent people. When they are killed they take their weapons off the bodies and instantly they become civilians. And then you people are upset when our military mistakenly hit's these innocent civilians. The US has spent more money than any military in the history of mankind to avoid civilian casualties. With all the information you have at your fingers educate yourselves and wake up people. The man you support is responsible for countless dead bodies of people that were giving us vital information to fight your enemy. Not your enemy? If you breath and your not a practicing Muslim than yes you are their enemy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join