It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian security forces open fire at demonstrators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

BEIRUT – Syrian security forces fired live bullets and tear gas Friday at tens of thousands of people shouting for freedom and democracy, wounding about 10 people on a day that could be a major test of whether President Bashar Assad's promises of sweeping reform will quell the monthlong uprising.

news.yahoo.com...

I know it's a weird thought, but the first thought I had was, if someone was firing live bullets into a crowd
of ten of thousands of people, how is it possible that only 10 people were wounded?

Am I becoming desensitized to the violence? headlines like this almost every day
edit on 22-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Apr 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: external quote tags

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

Looks like the poor protesters think that help is on the way. This is not realistic.

The place has no water, food, oil.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by infojunkie2

Looks like the poor protesters think that help is on the way. This is not realistic.

The place has no water, food, oil.

No oil you say?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Syria is at very important strategic location. Syria is important player in Middle East. Syria is best friend of Iran. So if there is someone who manages those protests all over the region, Syria is in the plans. Oil or no oil.
If this is ,as i suspect it, US - i hope they know what they are doing since the area can become too unstable and go into everyone-fights-everyone phase and in the region there is LOTS of oil. Prices will skyrocket. Which would send Western/Eastern economy down the drain.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Syria is at very important strategic location. Syria is important player in Middle East. Syria is best friend of Iran. So if there is someone who manages those protests all over the region, Syria is in the plans. Oil or no oil.
If this is ,as i suspect it, US - i hope they know what they are doing since the area can become too unstable and go into everyone-fights-everyone phase and in the region there is LOTS of oil. Prices will skyrocket. Which would send Western/Eastern economy down the drain.

I tend to agree with you, somehow I feel that the uprising in Syria is ment to fuel the one in Saudia Arabia,
can you say 10.00 a gallon?

new topics

top topics

join