It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Pact: Minnesota Teens Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz Commit Suicide at Slumber Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by Anttyk47

I'm sorry you are alone, or maybe you feel that way. I'm married with a family and doing perfectly fine.

what about if it was your kids, and you heard someone speak about them exactly as you spoke about these girls?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
...some input thats actually on-topic:

Working in Mental Health for over 15 years - a decent whack of that now dealing with acute mental health crisis, assessments etc - you unfortunately deal with suicides and suicidality reasonably often.

My heart does go out to the families affected...despite not knowing them personally.

I do know they are/were human like we all are.
I do know they felt pain like we all do.
I do know they were loved.
I do know their families will be grieving.

...and so my heart does go out to them...

Heres the thing...very few 14 year olds can actually adequately process events, process problem solving etc. Thats a reality...thats how we ALL were and the pathway to adulthood we ALL had to take.
The early teenage brain and emotional resilience hasn't simply fully formed and matured yet...

...so we need to keep that in mind when we consider whatever actions our youth take...its folly to attempt to apply our (assumed) *adult and supposed 'mature'* brains and thought processes to what may be going through the head of a 14 year old and how they are processing the world around them.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealm

Those who are using " emotion " to respond on this thread need to remember, emotion never solved issues. Actions do.

One of the posters made a point, would you rather them inflict harm to themselves now, are possibly kill many later?

first of all, actions come from thoughts and emotions

second of all why do you assume theyd kill people later?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by sepermeru

Nothing wrong with me at all.

2 mentally unstable individuals removed themselves from the planet. Is it not better they do it early and by themselves, as opposed to later, and taking others with them?
edit on 21-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

How do you recon they were mentally unstable? They were very young thus just learning to deal with feelings and emotions. They were bullied and that drove them over the edge. It's not necessarily mental unstability of the kind that would persist throughout their life. They were just in the phase where they were most vournable due to the fact they didn't have the benefit of wisdom and knowledge that age brings and their hormones were probably at full throttle. Also at that point social interactions start to get to the mature level and without any experience you are also vournable.
Disclaimer: I don't feel any compassion or sadness due to this either. I didn't know them or their families etc. I'm 33 and also have had to deal with the same issue in my personal life. I just dont leap to the conclusion that they were unstable and prone to "drown their kids". I think they were very weak emotionally and that is not insanity.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
See, my father in elementary school, went too a catholic school, in the mid 50's. They had a nun who teached. one day, this kid in his class did something (c ant rememebr what, passed gas or something)..he was told, not brought, told, to come to the front of the class, stick his arms n hands out plam down, and was given a wooden yard stick rules knuckle bleeding..just as they turned red n started to bleed, teacher stopped and told him to sti down, and stay 3 days in the cornier detention on as eat in the corner. NO ONE ever messed up in class. EVER
maybe an example we should have brought back. of course kids today might brings guns back in n shoot the teacher..who knows.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind

Those who are using " emotion " to respond on this thread need to remember, emotion never solved issues. Actions do.

One of the posters made a point, would you rather them inflict harm to themselves now, are possibly kill many later?

mental unstable people dont tend to act accordingly. Tucson shooting ring a bell?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Emotional weakness is not an ingredient in being a confident, mature adult.

It leads to more actions where people think with emotion instead of intellect.

As someone else in this thread said, emotion is not the foundation of smart decisions.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Your ego is what drives you. Your idividuality.
You grew up perfect in this world

Well to fit in at least.

You don't have an identity in the Human race though. You have no empathy to the survival of the human race. You don't know these girls but since you don't care, you wouldn't want to learn because you are simpley yourself. Because you are a nobody to everybody, but everybody to yourself. You are the root of all evil on the planet. You are not sick, you are simpley what will drive the human race into a hole of eternally burning flames, because you don't care.

I care, for you though. Without you my life would be different. You make a difference in my life. Everyone makes a difference. You being a selfish person without a care for anyone around him, makes me a better person. I appreciate you being below me for me to feel above you. However since i believe we should all be on the persuit of progression i urge you to stop being such a little child aka "Grow up" Guy.

Grow up yourself, the world is a bigger place than you think and just because the sun is always above you when you look up, doesn't mean it's revolving around you.

Nicely put.

Ironically, its individuals & attitudes such as this that probably drove these 2 adorable young girls to suicide.

It saddens me even more that there are cretins on this forum that have actually starred his posts...

edit on 21-4-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

How do you recon they were mentally unstable?

Is killing oneself the act of someone in their right mind? A yes or no will suffice.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOminddude what planet are you from because no one i know has ever spoken badly about someone who died, especially by suicide. i mean i'm sure it must happen but that its not common thats for sure, thats some extremely rude #. and why do we have to be supporters of the war in iraq just because we have a problem with what this guy said?

1st - Where do I live? I live in a place where I hear people make jokes about Michael Jackson and other celebrities deaths. I also live in a world where people don't openly say whats on their minds, and wait until their behind closed doors to talk badly about people. It's called the real world, where everyone isn't friendly and best buds with eachother.

2nd - It's that overall mentality that I was getting at. I am not accusing anyone of being pro-war.

Mods, this isn't so much back and forth, as discussing etiquette when speaking about dead people..which is a small stretch from the main topic, yes?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by emptyOmind

Why would I care? Again, why do you assume everyone thinks as you do? How arrogant is that?

Why do you care what other people think?

which post are you replying to?

actually would like to know what you think about this since you are the one who started this argument.

here's a recap:

you said: "I'm sorry you are alone, or maybe you feel that way. I'm married with a family and doing perfectly fine."

i said: "what about if it was your kids, and you heard someone speak about them exactly as you spoke about these girls?"

so whats your answer?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So it was because of bullying again? They were at a slumber party, right? Don't people invite people to those? Don't people not invite people to slumber parties if they're not liked? Didn't both of them by the very nature of the thread itself have a best friend, at least? At what point does being made fun of become bullying?

it's always bullying every time maybe some of these people are just nuts???????

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

It saddens me even more that there are cretins on this forum that have actually starred his posts..

Not everyone is emotionally driven. Some people much like myself base life on real life experiences. You know the old sane, actions speaker louder than words?

Its a true and tested practice. Actions in life ultimately define the person you become. If your weak minded and cant handle the pitches life throws at you, then those are the people that break down, and most often end up in a loony bin.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Read the first line of my post to find the answer to your question.

Since that seems beyond your capabilities, I will post it again:

Why would I care?

I will answer it for you: I wouldn't. I would never expect anyone to care about me, or my family. If they have an ill thought opinion, who cares?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

mental unstable people dont tend to act accordingly. Tucson shooting ring a bell?

so every mentally unstable person is a killer? wow you sound schizophrenic

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well you sound a little unstable given that you seem to care about what other people think so much. Thats symptomatic of being extremely insecure and having very low self esteem.

Have you killed anyone?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Please show me where I stated that all mentally unstable people kill.

( Hint: I didn't, I suggested that there are those that may cause harm to others )

Learn to read~

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

How do you recon they were mentally unstable?

Is killing oneself the act of someone in their right mind? A yes or no will suffice.

Yes

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well you sound a little unstable given that you seem to care about what other people think so much. Thats symptomatic of being extremely insecure and having very low self esteem.

Have you killed anyone?

the reason i care so much what other people think is because the world is so full of assholes man, there is no shortage, there may be a shortage of just about everything, but never assholes, and even though i know this.. despite this knowledge, i still think its soo sad everytime i meet another one. people like you set bad examples for others.

and no i've never killed anyone before, but i've fought with quite a few standing up for what i believe in

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join