It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Perry Issues Proclamation for Days of Prayer for Rain in Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I heard this story on the radio in the car with my family (my parents were driving, otherwise the radio would NEVER go on..). I couldn't contain myself... the LAST person who should be encouraging Texans to pray for rain is the governor. The rest of my family would be considered Christian, so they didn't really see a problem with it. By the way, I have lived in Texas my entire life, and as someone pointed out earlier, the droughts do seem to be getting worse. The summers are very drastic, two summers ago it poured rain about every other day, most summers it is dry and hot every day. Last summer was killer- 100 degrees and up for months. This summer is looking to be more of the same.. it's hit 90 several times this month

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Last week there were 3 big fires west of Dallas/Fort Worth and you could actually see the smoke streams on the Doppler radar. I thought it was really cool to see that show up on radar. Didn't think it was so cool to actually see it and smell it though while out and about

Grass fires have been pretty bad. I never really remember seeing a grass fire growing up (30 now), but a couple years ago there was about a stretch of a month where everyday we went to work we saw a grass fire on the side of the highway or a freshly burned patch that had been extinguished that day. It was crazy.

I did get hailed on though on Tuesday, so that was fun.........

<< 1   >>

join