It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before we have a WWIII, could we finish WWII?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

No, that's in my opinion not the issue, what I meant to say (and forgot) is that the Reich is still present/intact.
Germany itself is occupied, Antarctica not, that is the place where the Reichs-Government (in exile) could be.
That could also be the reason why others didn't succeed restoring it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
Why? Simply because the only country that has not signed any form of Peace Treaty, to date, is Germany, the country that started it all, and that was the big runner of WWII.

At the end of World War 2, leaders of the world met in Paris for the Paris Peace treaties. Italy, Finland, Bulgaria, Romania, and Hungary were allowed to keep their sovereignty after the war. But as for Nazi Germany, it was partitioned between the allies. After world leaders agreed to partition Germany at the Potsdam Conference, Nazi Germany no longer existed. It wasn't until 1990 that the modern day Germany emerged. Not until 1990 was there even a Germany to speak of.

So regardless, Nazi Germany was occupied, and did not need to sign a treaty (there was no Germany to represent). Just 4 sectors belonging to French, British, American, and Soviet sovereignty. As for the others that did attend and signed the treaty at Paris, (Italy, Bulgaria, ect) they were aloud to continue governing themselves after the war.

I mean...If that were true, and ww2 is still going on even with the Nazis long gone and dead, doesn't that also mean that Greece and Iran are still at war from Alexander the Greats days? No peace treaty was signed between them.

Don't be so naive.
edit on 26-4-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

No, that's in my opinion not the issue, what I meant to say (and forgot) is that the Reich is still present/intact.
Germany itself is occupied, Antarctica not, that is the place where the Reichs-Government (in exile) could be.
That could also be the reason why others didn't succeed restoring it.

Can't have a Third Reich without Germany....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Using precisely the same logic, the Trojan war never ended.
Is there any mention of a peace treaty in the Iliad?
In the real world, a war comes to an end when the fighting stops.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You both mention a good point.

But, for the 1990 "reuinification", I only found ONE source on the net, about that. I've asked to a previous poster to show me the legitimacy about that... I think this part is some kind of false information. ( I'm not sure "hoax" would apply.

As for old wars, The Irish against the British lasted for more than 900 years, and I'm not certain it is really over as we speak...

Israel sure isn't at peace with its neighbors... They are more like the two Koreas that have been at war for the last 50+ years....

As for the Trojan Wars, if you look at things historically, their has ALWAYS BEEN Peace Treaty signed, and reparations paid. The situation of Germany is exceptional, and no, we can't say the Third Reich is dead as it has never been truly announced.
Look at the FBI Vaults paper. There are threads about it on ATS. The head of the Nazis left with all they could.
Maybe that is why the Allied "destroyed" Germany the way they did, with paper work, to try to prevent them for reclaiming Germany.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Where is the button for the "wrong answer buzzer"?

Es wird daran festgehalten (vgl zB BVerfG, 1956-08-17, 1 BvB 2/51, BVerfGE 5, 85 ), daß das Deutsche Reich den Zusammenbruch 1945 überdauert hat und weder mit der Kapitulation noch durch die Ausübung fremder Staatsgewalt in Deutschland durch die Alliierten noch später untergegangen ist; es besitzt nach wie vor Rechtsfähigkeit, ist allerdings als Gesamtstaat mangels Organisation nicht handlungsfähig. Die BRD ist nicht "Rechtsnachfolger" des Deutschen Reiches, sondern als Staat identisch mit dem Staat "Deutsches Reich", - in bezug auf seine räumliche Ausdehnung allerdings "teilidentisch".

principality-of-sealand.eu...

The conclusion remains (see, eg, BVerfGE, 1956-08-17, 1 BvB 2 / 51, BVerfGE 5, 85 ), that the German Reich survived the collapse of 1945, and neither perished with the capitulation nor perished because of the exercise of foreign power by the Allies in Germany, it still has legal capacity, but as a single state without a manned organization is not functioning. The Federal Republic of Germany is not the successor of the German Empire, but identical with the state as a state "Deutsches Reich" - in reference to its territorial expanse only "partially identical".
Decision of the Constitutional Court of the Federal Republic of Germany from 31/07/1973

Originally posted by BiGGz

Can't have a Third Reich without Germany....

You can have a government in exile. And Neu Schwabenland, Antarctica was claimed by the Nazis so technically it is part of the Reich. France was divided during the war and also had a government with a temporary seat in another city in the region of France that wasn't occupied.

@NowanKenubi, thxs for the U2U. I really appreciate it!
edit on 26-4-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo and added something

edit on 26-4-2011 by Regenstorm because: Added source for the qoute

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Es wird daran festgehalten (vgl zB BVerfG, 1956-08-17, 1 BvB 2/51, BVerfGE 5, 85 ), daß das Deutsche Reich den Zusammenbruch 1945 überdauert hat und weder mit der Kapitulation noch durch die Ausübung fremder Staatsgewalt in Deutschland durch die Alliierten noch später untergegangen ist; es besitzt nach wie vor Rechtsfähigkeit, ist allerdings als Gesamtstaat mangels Organisation nicht handlungsfähig. Die BRD ist nicht "Rechtsnachfolger" des Deutschen Reiches, sondern als Staat identisch mit dem Staat "Deutsches Reich", - in bezug auf seine räumliche Ausdehnung allerdings "teilidentisch".

principality-of-sealand.eu...

The conclusion remains (see, eg, BVerfGE, 1956-08-17, 1 BvB 2 / 51, BVerfGE 5, 85 ), that the German Reich survived the collapse of 1945, and neither perished with the capitulation nor perished because of the exercise of foreign power by the Allies in Germany, it still has legal capacity, but as a single state without a manned organization is not functioning. The Federal Republic of Germany is not the successor of the German Empire, but identical with the state as a state "Deutsches Reich" - in reference to its territorial expanse only "partially identical".
Decision of the Constitutional Court of the Federal Republic of Germany from 31/07/1973

Two ways to beat an enemy and end a war. Either you sign a peace treaty, or you completely destroy and invade the country. In the case of Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary ect, they all signed peace treaties and weren't occupied long term. As for Germany, Hitler fought to the very last man, to the very last avenue in Berlin. This was a war of attrition. The winner would be the last man standing.

If you're trying to say that the Nazis that did survive the war, and the massive worldwide manhunt are now living somewhere in Antarctica waiting to strike back, all I have to say is BRING 'EM ON! I've been playing my BO Nazi Zombies, and gotten quite good. Nothing a homemade Thundergun can't fix.

Btw, nice link. What is that, some amateur Neo Nazi propaganda blog post or something? I looked up the principality of sealand...Well, I found it pretty amusing. Do you think your link is credible? Sorry I don't speak German so I really can't understand the site :/
en.wikipedia.org...

You can have a government in exile. And Neu Schwabenland, Antarctica was claimed by the Nazis so technically it is part of the Reich. France was divided during the war and also had a government with a temporary seat in another city in the region of France that wasn't occupied.

en.wikipedia.org...
Germany made no formal territorial claims to New Swabia.

It goes on to say:

New Swabia is a cartographic area of Queen Maud Land which within Norway is administered as a Norwegian dependent territory under the Antarctic Treaty System

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join