It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.9 Earthquake in California predicted by proven and validated SOURCE * lead-in to volcanic activity

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Last night, all of a sudden and out of the blue my 4 year old daughter is trying to tell me that she's afraid of the earthquake. Just an hour after putting her down she's at my door again wanting to sleep in our bed. She's still talking earthquake! I've never really told her about earthquakes and since we have never experienced one together where she was old enough to remember, I just never found the right opportunity to explain.. What I'm saying is that she knows nothing of earthquakes, not what they are or what they do or what the are capable of! It took her several attempts at saying the word alone before I could even decipher what she actually talking about. She couldn't even pronouce the word!

Anyone else's children brought this subject up recently with being provoked to do so? Might the children be the newest method of earthquake prediction? Let's hope not!!!

Just a reminder to all with small children: , make a plan and try to explain to them somehow without terrorizing them what to do and where to go if they are alone at night in their beds when the shaking begins.
Anyone one have any good suggestions on how to actually do this? I'm all ears.l

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Terims

My daughter has been repeatedly asking what a tsunami is and what to do during one. I was initially confused, since I've never talked to her about them, or mentioned them much. I'm fairly sure that she's heard it from conversations with my husband when referring to the news on the internet. Looking back on my childhood, after I went to bed I would oftentimes overhear my parents talk about things or manage to hear snippets of the news on television. I've learned from other situations that children can have better ears than we usually think.

Come to think of it, she's also heard the term in a movie (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea).

Past that I don't have any ideas about the cause. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

I grew up along a major interior fault that's still overdue for its next major quake and was taught what to do during one. But I grew up and found that, being the clueless mother that I am, I was horribly unsure how to teach my child about it a couple months ago. So, I went to the internet. Here's a couple links I used if other parents are interested:

Earthquake Safety for Parents
Teaching Children About Earthquakes

Earthquakes can be scary for people of any age, but especially for children. For children, the things they do not understand can be the scariest and can make them anxious. The most important way to keep your kids safe during an earthquake is to teach them about earthquakes and prepare them ahead of time.

I used about the same language on my child as the mother in the first link used. I wouldn't, however, suggest making a dash for your child's bedroom like she seems to plan on unless it's a baby quake, since that puts you at risk. I believe I read somewhere that people that have to move less than 10 feet to safety have a better survival rate. It's best to find a safe spot in each room of the house and go over them with your family. Also, do not teach them to stand in a doorway like I was taught. It is apparently outdated advice and not considered safer.

During an earthquake you should head for the doorway. FICTION: That’s outdated advice. In past earthquakes in unreinforced masonry structures and adobe homes, the door frame may have been the only thing left standing in the aftermath of an earthquake. Hence, it was thought that safety could be found by standing in doorways. In modern homes doorways are no stronger than any other parts of the house and usually have doors that will swing and can injure you. YOU ARE SAFER PRACTICING THE “DROP, COVER, AND HOLD” maneuver under a sturdy piece of furniture like a strong desk or table. If indoors, stay there. Drop to the floor, make yourself small and get under a desk or table or stand in a corner. If outdoors, get into an open area away from trees, buildings, walls and power lines. If in a high-rise building, stay away from windows and outside walls, stay out of elevators, and get under a table. If driving, pull over to the side of the road and stop. Avoid overpasses and power lines. Stay inside your car until the shaking is over. If in a crowded public place, do not rush for the doors. Crouch and cover your head and neck with your hands and arms. You should practice the “DROP, COVER AND HOLD” method at work and at home at least twice a year.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

We live on a busy road with lots of semi-trucks. Whenever a particularly large one would make the ground shake after I talked to my daughter about quakes, she was under the dining room table - holding on and covering her head. "Mommy, the ground's shaking! Get under!" At first I felt stupid and wouldn't get under, but then I realised that in itself was pretty stupid. Act out the drills with your younger children. They learn through what you do as much as what you say. Of course, we did need to explain that light truck shaking isn't what I was warning her about.

And lucky, clueless me! My child picks up where I slack off because she's so inquisitive. While taking a bath she asks me what to do if she's in the bath and the ground's shaking. While playing with me later she asks what to do if an earthquake happens while she's going potty. We go for a walk and she asks what to if it happens outside, so I teach her about how power lines are dangerous and to stay away from buildings. Get on open grass if you can. Later in my room, she says there's an earthquake and jumps onto the bed with a blanket over her face.

It's almost like a game to her. Part of me wishes I could get her to understand how serious it is. She's showing absolutely no fear about it at all (it's part of her personality, I've found, and it actually scares me).

For those with anxious children, my mother keeps trying to drill into my head that young children are very good at picking up on subtle signals of anger, fear, etc. in those around them even if they can't fully understand it. It's really true. Make sure those around your children feel secure and prepared and can act as a source of calm and security. If your fretting over the end of the world, or your poorly prepared local nuclear reactor, or the poisons in your kid's food and water that you can't see, at least try to act calm (unlike me...). Your child looks to adults to learn how to act and for guidance, so if you're calm it will rub onto them at least a little even if it can't alleviate all their anxiety.

Earthquake proof your child's room as much as you can. Don't hang framed pictures over their bed, or keep heavy objects on a headboard. Don't put heavy boxes in the upper portion of their closet. Keep shoes or tough soled slippers for your child near their bed as they may need to walk over broken glass. Also consider a child's bicycle helmet. It's unlikely it would be readily available in a sudden, serious quake that prevents much movement, but you can use it while exiting the building afterwards.

Terims' advice is so important for all parents: PLEASE teach your children preparedness. Also teach them how to phone for emergency help (such as 911 in the US). Children can learn very young. After the earthquake in Japan, I felt deeply ashamed I didn't teach my daughter (also 4) earlier about earthquakes.

And it's also interesting trying to explain to your Japanese husband that the nifty earthquake early warning system does not exist here in the US. I thought that was some amazing new technology over in Japan, but no, the man had it ever since he was a child! He was baffled that we now live on a subduction fault zone and everyone has basically no warning. And crap buildings. I guess it happens when your fault is a sneaky, quiet one.
edit on 25-5-2011 by DriftingAway because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by DriftingAway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think this days are most dangers from Jun 10-20, 2011 maybe Jun 15 ..

Very big earthquakes appear end my way is same like that person predict USA cost, California ..

So I tell you must by alert for this days, only want to help end hope I' m very wrong ..

Here is one of my first threads ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace to you all end peace to Earth ..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It seemed clear that it was “after” the May 17th full moon, but “far before” the June 15th full moon. May 26th was pointed out as correct when I said it. WARNING: dates are notoriously hard to get accurate in channeling, and I’m exceptionally bad with dates myself. Please take this date as a “maybe” at best, and consider disregarding the date all-together.

The May 26th date passed by without an earthquake. As we've seen many times concerning channeling, specific times aren't very reliable. Lots of physical signs seemed to indicate an earthquake on the Juan de Fuca fault or at the Mendocino triple Junction could happen any time but we'll wait and see.

If there's no earthquake by June 15th I'll start including a disclaimer and notification on any further predictions.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
coming up on the last few days of the prediction...

Earthquake activity has been really high moving up the San Andreas. If anything I've learned a lot about earthquakes over this last few months!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
alright.... the time frame has passed. For anyone following my blog or this thread, I will be placing a disclaimer on my website any time predictions come up. It is legitimately channeled information but as we've seen with pretty high frequency "time" is apparently something that doesn't translate well via channeling.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
... I will be placing a disclaimer on my website any time predictions come up.

It is legitimately channeled information but as we've seen with pretty high frequency "time" is apparently something that doesn't translate well via channeling.

According to your "interpretations," the Sirians and Agarthans can accurately predict otherwise natural disasters (that they have the ability to affect in scope and magnitude), transcend time and the other 3 or 4 dimensions, can assume physical forms at will, "communicate" with thousands on Earth and millions of other species elsewhere in the Universe, have ships for their non-physical bodies to travel between stars (which were supposed to have been here in April), but they can't get their dates right?

Yet you still claim "channeling" is legitimate.

Perhaps you should take the advice of "SeRen#ha of the Sirius Cluster, representative for the Galactic Federation of Light" and get over your Earthly delusions.

(Why would beings without dimensional limits need a "representative" or ships, anyway? As Fermi once asked, "Where are they," anyway?)

jw

<< 8  9  10   >>

join