It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish settlers attack emergency workers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

(Jerusalem-18.3.2011): A group of settlers attacked an emergency medical team from the Palestine Red Crescent Society while carrying their humanitarian duty in a Palestinian village in Jerusalem. The settlers beat the team and abused them verbally, accusing them of racism and terrorism, then threw stones on the ambulances causing partial damages to it before they ran away.
PRCS affirms that such practices constitute flagrant violations of the International Humanitarian Law provisions, of the Geneva forth Convention of 1949, concerning protecting civilians in the times of war, which legally apply to the occupied Palestinian Territory; in addition to the 1st Additional Protocol to the four Geneva Conventions. They have guaranteed the respect and protection of the personnel engaged in the search for, removal and transporting of and caring for wounded and sick civilians and that National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies shall be able to pursue their activities subject to temporary and exceptional measures imposed for urgent reasons of security by the Occupying Power.

Link - The Palestian Red Crescent Society
Before you go to post your opinion, I would like to highlight what the Red Crescent is, for those of you who don't know.

The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an international humanitarian movement with approximately 97 million volunteers, members and staff worldwide[1] which was founded to protect human life and health, to ensure respect for all human beings, and to prevent and alleviate human suffering, without any discrimination based on nationality, race, sex, religious beliefs, class or political opinions.

Link
There is not much I can say other than good luck defending the actions of these settlers clearly hell-bent on terrorizing not just the Palestinian populace but also anyone designed to save lives of any Palestinians. This is truly dispicable on the settlers behalf. Are these the same settlers who the IDF protects?
edit on 21-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

which legally apply to the occupied Palestinian Territory;

I don't recall Israel ever admitting to being the "occupying force'..
That's their excuse for not going by the rules..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Are these the same settlers who the IDF protects?

IDF protects Israeli citizens. Not all of Israeli citizens are angels, as you surely are aware. So if there are (hundreds-thousands) of violent extremists among 300000 Israeli settlers - IDF should leave the rest without protection?
By the way,IDF has its history of clashes with those extremists too.Fresh example?

Security forces that arrived at West Bank settlement at 4:30 am in order to destroy illegal structures clashed with locals

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Do not try and de-rail this thread on a single comment I stated. You have strayed off-topic. This is not a thread discussing if the IDF should offer protection to Israeli settlers.
My point in saying what I did in regards to the settlers and the IDF is that if settlers are willing to provoke palestinians by attacking emergency workers then the settlers that did so do not deserve the protection that the IDF offers.
However this is not what the thread is about. Do not attempt to de-rail the thread from the main contention.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Rightly or wrongly ,the Palesinians are never going to be a match for the Israelis , they are not going to get Israel back and rename it Palestine .
I think we should all in the west offer all of the remaining displaced refugees safe haven some have lived in squalor since 1948....thats all.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm happy that none of the pro-Zionist crowd is here to defend the settlers actions. However I am dissapointed that none of them are here to condemn their actions.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Do you have a hmmm, lets say, an unbiased source to collaborate this story?
Because you seem to have troubles with other bringing sources that don't fit your agenda, so you immediately dismiss them as propaganda.
Remember, two can play this game.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm still waiting
(to see a deed signed by god)

hell even some "proof" of this "god"

I guess thats why jews say when a jew argues with god
god loses
but they can't prove their god even exists...
( the jew is appearently arguing with himself...)
no wonder no one believes Zionist Israelis anymore
( unless they are bribed or threatened)

whats that tell you?

attacking aid workers is the hall mark of lowness
like straffing the lifeboats of an Ally like the USS Liberty
Remember the Proven Israrel lies told over that?
AN ALLY's life boats

edit on 21-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

The Red Crescent is an unbiased source. Obviously I understand that you believe it is biased becuase of the fact that it is called the Palestinian Red Crescent Society. You fail to realise that-

The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an international humanitarian movement with approximately 97 million volunteers, members and staff worldwide[1] which was founded to protect human life and health, to ensure respect for all human beings, and to prevent and alleviate human suffering, without any discrimination based on nationality, race, sex, religious beliefs, class or political opinions.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society is a branch of the Red Crescent Movement.

ON EDIT: You claim I have an agenda. Would you care to elaborate on what that is? I thought I was just stating the facts, was I not?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I asked for an unbiased source and you link to another source that quot the other source word for word ?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

I asked for an unbiased source and you link to another source that quot the other source word for word ?

There are multiple other sources however-
electronicintifada.net...
www.newsfrommiddleeast.com...
palsolidarity.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The aid workers were clearly anti semites and so, open to be attacked by the jewish armed forces. How dare these anti semite aid workers, try to help people.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You don't trust the Red Cross so what hope is there??

You appear to only trust pro Israeli sites but you will rarely hear about these incidents on them..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Reliable sources. R-e-l-i-a-b-l-e !
You do know the meaning of that I hope.
“Electronic intifada”. Can it get any more hilarious on your part?
I do not condone any act of violence be it Israelis or any other.
I do hate it when people are clearly digging for stories in order
to put Jews in a bad light, be it a month old events or years old.
Then the recycle process begins, despite the fact it was either
discussed in the past, or no reliable sources brought.

This thread is all about propaganda and spewing hate.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Electronic intifada
cough cough a nods as good as a wink to a blind man

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Reliable sources. R-e-l-i-a-b-l-e !
You do know the meaning of that I hope.
“Electronic intifada”. Can it get any more hilarious on your part?
I do not condone any act of violence be it Israelis or any other.
I do hate it when people are clearly digging for stories in order
to put Jews in a bad light, be it a month old events or years old.
Then the recycle process begins, despite the fact it was either
discussed in the past, or no reliable sources brought.

This thread is all about propaganda and spewing hate.

So according to you it is ok when someone brings up sources citing violence commited by Palestinians but it is wrong when someone uses sources citing violence comitted by Israeli's?
Where is the hate? No one is painting Jews in a bad manner. I am simply posting recent information from the Palestinian Red Crecsent Society. Of course that is wrong becuase it is detremental to Israeli PR right?

You asked for reliable, I gave you the Red Crescent. Does it get any less biased then that. Ofcourse you would only accept my source if it was a pro-Zionist one like Debka right?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If you knew anything about anything you would know that the Palestinian red crescent are mainly Palestinian workers. They were caught numerous times aiding terrorists.

www.mfa.gov.il...

www.wnd.com...

So forgive if your “reliable” sources don't impress me much.

And while we at this “Zionists Attacked red crescent”, why not show what goes on the other side.
'Hamas confiscates humanitarian aid trucks sent to Gaza from Jordan.'
www.reuters.com...
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hey Speech, I tried looking for documentation about this in Israeli news sources, but found none... They are usually very happy to report settler violence (some papers in Israel have an agenda...)

About the PLRC, they have been well documented (as others have shown) to be less than trust-worthy in their actions (using Ambulances to carry combatants as well as other incidents when they hid explosives in ambulances). This is not to say that there are people there who do their job well.

If this attack indeed happen, it is reprehensible, and those who are responsible should be dealt with as the law dictates.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Well, I will try to address your points one at a time.

"deed" or "proof" of god --> I am not religious, I do not believe in god. I believe in people's right to believe what they choose (even a "flying spaghetti monster" if they so wish). BUT, and this is the BUT, do you deny, that Jews lived in Israel more than 2000 years ago? do you deny that Jews remained in Israel ever since? If the answer to both question is no, then no "deed" is required, as the land was occupied by the Romans first (the Roman empire no longer exist), after that there were the crusades and the Mamlouk (Egyptian in essence) occupations (both no longer exist), and then the Turks (which lost the land in WW I), then it was the British, but they had a Mandate to rule the area on behalf of the "pre-UN" until a decision was made about Jews and Arabs, and in 1947 that decision was made and was accepted by the Jews and rejected by the Arabs, who lost the subsequent war. So, when looking at the historical facts, there was never a "Palestinian" state that was occupied by Jews. I can go on and on, but I think the point is clear.

About the USS Liberty - all I have to go on is what wikipedia says, since I don't have access to any other sources. So, I don't have any fact to disprove whatever you say. But the wikipedia article does say that the issue has been closed and that Israel paid the families of those killed and wounded:

"Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion about the identity of the USS Liberty.[5] Some survivors, in addition to some U.S. diplomats and intelligence officials involved in the incident continue to dispute these official findings, saying the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty was not a mistake,[6] and it remains "the only maritime incident in U.S. history where [U.S.] military forces were killed that was never investigated by the [U.S.] Congress."[7]
In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3,323,500 as full payment to the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3,566,457 in compensation to the men who had been wounded. On 18 December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million as settlement for the U.S. claim of $7,644,146 for material damage to the Liberty itself.[8]
Purportedly, on December 17, 1987, the issue was officially closed by the two governments through an exchange of diplomatic notes. [9]"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join