It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California shakin right now....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

I always keep this open, and it looks like mexico/cali is shaking.. Im hoping it releases pressure, instead of being foreshocks

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
nothing big in the LA-ish area

im in bed btw, if it's something, then it's nothing out of the norm

good looking out

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They are just little guys.

I'm just north of San Diego and I didn't feel anything. Good to be on the lookout though.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Japan got you a little jumpy?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jewston

Japan had three of 5+ so far today.

Another nice quake link is here....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
They are just little guys.

I'm just north of San Diego and I didn't feel anything. Good to be on the lookout though.

This isn't typical activity, though I can't say if it's highly unusual -- maybe it happens a few times a year. But I watch the regional quake maps constantly for the last several months, and there's definitely been much more activity in the last week or so than I've seen in that time.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I know theyre nothin big... but one of two things is presumably happening..

1) (the good) release of tension/pressure in the area, so that the states do not have a japan type quake

2) (the bad) foreshocks of a big one. I would say in the next month or so, there is a good likelihood of a 7.0 or higher in that area

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
nothing big in the LA-ish area

im in bed btw, if it's something, then it's nothing out of the norm

good looking out

There was a 2.9 in LA tonight

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Naw. Nothing here in L.A.

I see em' on Live Earthquakes Map but they are all down South and pretty small.

All quiet here...maybe too quiet

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
There was a 2.9 in LA tonight

I can only imagine what someone from Japan must be thinking:

"A 2.9? Are you out of your bleeping mind? With what WE'RE going through here? Give me that baseball bat. Or that big stick will do. I'll show you a 2.9....
"

Perspective: the great equalizer.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I was in Palm Springs today and i felt a small one or two, it was earlier though, around 1-2pm.

Nothing big maybe a 3 pointer and lasted all of 5 seconds or less.

I still am in the area for work, i haven't felt anything yet either..
edit on 21-4-2011 by Quickfix because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hold on tight folks over there. Solar storm on way... Too many little ones can turn into a big one. I worry my sister lives in CA.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've noticed the swarm around Cal/Mex border while watching western NV & hope
it's just pressure relief & not a fore shock. Got my britches & Sketchers next to my bed!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hi I'm here in San Diego..by PB and I have felt 2 so far tonight, looking at the USGS I see there have been a bunch of quakes tonight but small..this morning at about 9:05 am I heard 3 rumbling booms, I checked the USGS at the time I heard this and didn't see any quakes near enough to me to explain the noise. My first thought was this was a precursor to an earthquake... But not a small one..I have my fingers crossed we are not in for a big one..thanks for the post cheers coco

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

You shouldn't worry, quakes happen everyday in California and most of the time they aren't even felt.

Just thought you should know.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jewston

Hi, I am from Los Angeles, that kinda shakin aint worth waking up for. This is L.A. baby, shake rattle and roll.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Regardless of True American's thoughts above, quite a few people I've spoken to recently have been asking me about how prepared California/Oregon/Washington/BC are for a large quake. Most people I know have a global quake map as their homepage these days - so everyone has been noticing the cluster hanging over the NA west coast.

There isn't a lot of logic behind it other than a simple 4 corner observation: Chile, NZ, Japan, North America. People are genuinely concerned. I certainly am, because I know for a fact that most buildings in Vancouver wouldn't have stood up against a 9.0 quake - certainly not in the same way that they did in Sendai.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It's just a matter of time before there's a big one on the west coast. Hopefully it's a long way off, but you never can tell.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Im sorry if this thread seems like doomtard or fear mongering..

Ive only been watching this site since february.. and honestly, ive never seen cali swarm like that, it is kinda how japan looked pre 3-11

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I live in California and watch the map every day. I'm quite aware of how many quakes there usually are. This is even more than usual, in different places, at greater magnitudes.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jewston

im just 4 miles north of tijuana in san diego,no shakes but i anticipate them

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join