It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Artist Satirizes Westboro Baptist Church Leaders In Painting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Thats a great idea!

With all of the wacko things Phelps and his WBC have done, there is an endless stream
of possibilities there for this artist!

I am sure there would be no shortage of bidders...

And after all, its for a good cause, its harmless, its non violent,
its protected under the First Amendment.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I live in a small town full of good hearted southern baptist Christians and free masons , if WBC ever comes here with that protesting crap, everyone one of them would get locked up, including the children. Funerals are a BIG DEAL where I live, the sheriff wouldn't tolerate that kind of behavior , he would lock them up just for suspicion alone, and hold all of them for seventy two hours . one day ,they will really screw up and come here and wont go home for awhile.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What bugs me is that no matter how hated WBC is, no matter what anyone says, or does to them, the more publicity they get, meaning more people look into what they about (whether they agree with their beliefs or not) and the more recognition they get, the more their message is heard. It stinks.

All I can say is, the BritGov did something right in banning them from the UK.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: adding to post

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I have only read and looked at your Op, so forgive me if this has been done, but I would LOVE a follow up on this story and how the WBC reacted to this fantastic display of heroism on the part of the Artist.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Whats really sad about this WBC, they can use the Baptist name as its not copyrighted...
They are the furthest thing from real Baptists...

But in the name of religion, a disbarred attorney can hide out under the guise of being a "pastor"

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow this is awesome.

Anyone feel that the WBC is pretty cultish?

Anyone know if they get the tax breaks that churches get?

Does anyone know when they will drink the kool-aid?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Whats really sad about this WBC, they can use the Baptist name as its not copyrighted...
They are the furthest thing from real Baptists...

But in the name of religion, a disbarred attorney can hide out under the guise of being a "pastor"

Yeah , but one day soon they will have to pay the piper , you reap what you sow , the sow hate , and that's what they will reap

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes, and I think that is what that painting is all about

This Phelps character seems like the type that can not see the future real clearly...

And the painting is all about his future.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Second that, off topic: I love your avatar.
Second that

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Looks like this artist, and his painting has been picked up by the

U. S. Navy Seals....

Awesome!

blog.usnavyseals.com...
edit on 23-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

The nice thing though, is that the more their message gets heard the more people realize they are nuts. I am certain they are not converting anyone. The most that is happening is that people who already feel the same way can find their way to the mother ship. And yes, its unfortunate that this could grow their membership, but, at the same time, its uniting people who normally might be at odds against them, and in favor of our troops. Which is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If you check out the second interview Louis Theroux did, when he went back to WBC, you see a man who actually wants to be part of the 'church'
People are out there, listening to the message and are in agreement, whether because thats what they truly think or whether to save their eternal soul... who knows?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join