It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planting our roots and watering them to let our roots grow strong!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I got the idea from a friend (ex girlfriend) who is an Atheist. We got into another argument and finally were able to chit-chat about morals and such. She said she didn't need faith to have good morals. I told her she doesn't since a person can do good on their own and choosing to have a certain faith is more difficult then it looks. It clicked like that. However we worship or whatever we chose to believe in our lives we're marching to the same goals. We plant our roots and do our best to let them grow big and strong. Whether you're Christian or an Atheist or whatever tell us how you grow in your faith. Give us the pros and cons of your life with you beliefs. Becoming a Jew was the difficult trial of my life. It is not just converting or learning about Judaism. But changing everything about myself. Learning how to keep laws, respect myself and others, study my faith and so forth. It is very difficult. I have the passion burning in my heart to keep going. Along the way I have been hard headed to others. I know I'm not perfect but G-d would want us to respect others. My faith and Freemasonry have influenced me to respect others and work hard and then push it to the limit!! I do not doubt many people are in my shoes. Even though you might live a secular life style or practice a different faith in life. Everyone is welcome to comment. We can learn from one another.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

I read somewhere once that one of the most powerful kinds of individuals to walk the earth is the man who can change any of his beliefs no matter how cherished or dear to him in the blink of an eye & do so with complete understanding of the process & maintain absolute integrity throughout.

-B.M

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Assuming you're Christian, wouldn't unbelievers and those who subscribe to other religions be destined for hell? I wish you'd read the old testament. Whilst there's religion there will always be division, and mankind will never know peace.
edit on 20-4-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

Are you talking toward myself? In Judaism we're taught man has freewill and that G-d has set laws and practices for Jews and non Jews to better themselves. Judaism is not always clear on the after life. I do not Judaism is very worried about life after death like other religions but I have some links for you if you're interested in reading them.
Ask the Rabbi-Reincarnation
What happens after death?
What happens after we die?
A guide to the afterlife (audio)
The afterlife (Judaism)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Well I never imagined changing who I am in a blink of an eye. It takes great effort. When I was younger I did get into many different fads though.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Aye, i'll check them out.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

The links can explain in detail then I can generalizing my knowledge of my faith.
Anything else email or message me.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

For individuals needing some kind of influential ideological absolutes to get through life, it's probably a tough process to choose the correct ideology. At least if you're conscientious and don't want to spend your life as a 'spiritual tramp'.

You give the impression of being such a conscientious person, and I'm fairly sure, that your path leading to your present result also has given you the tolerance to let every searcher choose for him/herself.

My best wishes and may you walk with the god of your choice.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

I read somewhere once that one of the most powerful kinds of individuals to walk the earth is the man who can change any of his beliefs no matter how cherished or dear to him in the blink of an eye & do so with complete understanding of the process & maintain absolute integrity throughout

This is how I came to my current belief, and I am sure there are many others who have undergone a major shift in perspective "in the blink of an eye". However, I fail to see how there is anything powerful or extraordinary about such an occurence. We all have our own way of arriving at our beliefs of the world, some slow and methodical, some with lightning speed. I wouldn't say any one method is superior to another.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
my question is why you think having a certain faith is more difficult than it looks?

im sure its easy to say you believe in something just because... or am i not understanding you?

no faith is required for atheism btw. my morals come from myself, and i do the best i can, im constantly trying to correct myself and find the truth. i have many beliefs, i just dont accept any of them on just faith. i try to test my beliefs and ask myself why i believe in them. ive come to find that faith is pretty much useless, as crazy as that may sound to some.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

the power is in being able to do it at will whenever & however frequent is needed, but I see your point & I myself see value in keeping things the same as much as I do change so I think the idea is a bit too biased toward change for me anyway; just thought I'd mention it, the guy who came up with the idea is Dr. Chris Hyatt if you want to learn more.

thanks for replying,

Peace,
-Bob

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

yes agreed, people can pretend to change their entire belief system in the blink of an eye but rarely does it actually happen that way (imho) i usually think of it as a seed growing under the dirt, alot happened to get it to sprout but we might not always realise anything was happening at all until we see the seed emerge from the soil.

peace,
-Bob

new topics

top topics

join