It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Issues New Rules on AIrline Passenger Rights.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

IS Issues New Rules on AIrline Passenger Rights.

online.wsj.com

The most contentious new measure is one that would subject overseas airlines to fines for keeping passengers stuck on the tarmac at U.S. airports for more than four hours. This compares to the three-hour limit applied to domestic carriers last year, a move the industry said led to more pre-emptive cancellations to avoid fines of $27,500 per passenger.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
edit on 20-4-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Normally I would be happy about something like this. It is about time that airlines treat their customers fairly, however this goes beyond fair. If your plane is delayed for far too long, you will be refunded more money than you actually paid for the ticket, plus a new ticket! That is not fair for the airlines. I can agree with the fact that if you pay for your bags, you have a right to expect your baggage to be at your destination. If it is not there, you should get a refund. That is perfectly fair. Refunding a ticket, upgrading someone to first class if their flight is excessively delayed is fair. Refunding more than the cost of the ticket and providing a free trip is not fair at all.

It is my opinion that regulators are going overboard like this because of the TSA. They know there is nothing they can do about the TSA and it will continued to be allowed, so they will now throw us a bone. Give us an incentive to fly by giving us these great deals if the Airline messes up. Meanwhile, the TSA will continue to march forward. Take note... this is how a Government pacifies it's sheeple.

online.wsj.com

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

The amount needs to be high in order to motivate the companies to care. Just like awards against any corporation need to be high to make it hurt them to continue to behave that way.

You know what we learned in business school? True story. That if it cost more to fix a plane, than to pay our the claims to the families of the crew and passengers, YOU DONT FIX THE PLANE.

You see why awards have to be high? Or no? You still want to get all worried that some person, another human, might get paid money YOU dont feel they deserve? Thats because you are programmed by years of propaganda from companies who want limits on compensation.

Bad behavior needs to HURT corporations bottom line. They are not human, they have no concern for human life. The humans working for them are obligated to maximize profit. You have to make it a better deal for them to be concerned with people than not to.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

sorry, I did a search and saw nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
where the hell is my right not to be groped by some big hairy ats dude!!!!

what is sad that the government has to get involved in things they should already be doing.

drive people start driving and if you dont wanna drive become a member of netjets private airports do not have any of this nonsense.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Refunding more than the cost of the ticket and providing a free trip is not fair at all.

I agree. That goes against the very grain of free enterprise. Again, needless regulation implemented for the statist mind. Government intervention has done nothing to promote business practices.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Although I agree with what your saying, why now? The airlines have been bending us over and screwing us for a very long time. Now all the sudden the Government cares? Why do you think that is?

I can tell you why. People are refusing to fly because of the TSA policies. The Government is now going to give you something back in return for your obedience. They will address these other problems which have always existed in the hopes that you will keep flying. However the TSA will still be there and that problem will be ignored.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

what is sad that the government has to get involved in things they should already be doing.

drive people start driving and if you dont wanna drive become a member of netjets private airports do not have any of this nonsense.

Which big, hairy ATS poster is groping you?

Sorry, couldn't resist

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Which big, hairy ATS poster is groping you?

Sorry, couldn't resist

I had to laugh at that too! Just didn't say anything!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Probably SO. He is kinda big, he is kinda hairy, and I don't want him groping me either

Especially with a name like ScepticOverlord, you know he would be kinda rough

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Probably SO. He is kinda big, he is kinda hairy, and I don't want him groping me either

Especially with a name like ScepticOverlord, you know he would be kinda rough

watch it now...big bad mods may come get you!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by HabaneroPepper

oops i meant TSA was a little bit dyslexic there my bad

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by HabaneroPepper

oops i meant TSA was a little bit dyslexic there my bad

No worries my man, we knew what you were saying!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

these regulations assure only one thing and that is mass cancellations of flights causing passenger back log for days on end. Remember Christmas time in the Northeast this year? In the past when airlines kept people on aircraft away from the terminal, once weather conditions improve, they could start positioning aircraft for takeoff and eventually get people to grandma's house for the holidays. While it may not be optimal, and gets you to your destination 10hrs later; it beats the alternative of getting your flight cancelled and taking 4-5 days to get to where you are going as a standby.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Normally I would be happy about something like this. It is about time that airlines treat their customers fairly, however this goes beyond fair. If your plane is delayed for far too long, you will be refunded more money than you actually paid for the ticket, plus a new ticket! That is not fair for the airlines. I can agree with the fact that if you pay for your bags, you have a right to expect your baggage to be at your destination. If it is not there, you should get a refund. That is perfectly fair. Refunding a ticket, upgrading someone to first class if their flight is excessively delayed is fair. Refunding more than the cost of the ticket and providing a free trip is not fair at all.

It is my opinion that regulators are going overboard like this because of the TSA. They know there is nothing they can do about the TSA and it will continued to be allowed, so they will now throw us a bone. Give us an incentive to fly by giving us these great deals if the Airline messes up. Meanwhile, the TSA will continue to march forward. Take note... this is how a Government pacifies it's sheeple.

You are absolutely correct in this. In say a courtroom, small claims or something, you are suing someone for "messing up" or "wronging you" in some fashion, if it had to do with any type of services especially I've heard it said time and time again. The law here is designed to put you back at the place where you were before you got screwed over not make your position better than what it was before the incident happened. So if the courts won't do it for us, it shouldn't be done TO them for us by the Feds.

online.wsj.com

new topics

top topics

join