It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most Believable UFO Incident/Post on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by Furbs
This is like asking which is the most believable religion. .

Furbs, I don't think that's a fair comparison at all - there's lots of evidence for the reality of the UFO subject and, as far as I'm aware, there's none whatsoever for the various dogmas and doctrines of organised religion.

I do not speak of the religions of this or any world, but that of all worlds. Ufology is a religion that has manifested itself through Science, while still following the oldest forms of religion found in the world, sky worship. It may be the first to directly do so, unless you count Astrological sprinklings in various religions.

UFOs are real. Anything in the sky that isn't known is a UFO. Turning them into ships filled with super-powerful ultra intelligent bi-pedal spacemen -is- religion.

You may have not actualy looked into the UFO subject for yourself but I think it's a bit ignorant to equate the subject to superstition, mythology and faith based opinions - especialy when these unknown objects are sometimes confirmed on multiple radar and exhibit electromagnetic effects on actual aircraft.

I am not so arrogant to think that man understands the physical world as entirely as he believes he does. Having said that, I am not ready to attribute electromagnetic effects or radar hits to anything other than naturally occurring phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I always kind of like the Parker-Hickson Abduction in Pascagoula, Mississippi, on October 11, 1973. Except for there being very little except testimony from the abductees, there's nothing much to prove it. But it has the "ring of truth." There was never any reason to lie. The descriptions are clear. Neither of the guys seems to be fabricating stuff they didn't actually observe. They just don't seem smart enough to have faked it.

No good evidence. I just like it.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This one seems Interesting, I am presently reading about it and doesn't seem to be well known
at all.

"The Piney Woods Incident, Cash-Landrum"

Below is an extract and a link to the source.

Not sure if this was Alien or Experimental, but what ever it was it seemed real enough to
to almost kill three people.One of them died eventually anyway.

An extremely haunting UFO sighting which has well stood the test of time was an event which took place in the Piney Woods of Texas, near the town of Huffman. On the chilly night of December 29.1980, two women and one child encountered a craft of unknown origin, and all three suffered not only emotional trauma, but severe physical injury as well.

Fifty-one year old Betty Cash was driving through the woods traveling from New Caney to Dayton on Farm to Market road 1485. Riding with her was her friend, Vickie Landrum, fifty-seven years old, and Vickie's seven year old grandson, Colby. They were looking for an open Bingo game, but found all of them closed down for the Holiday season. They stopped for a meal at a restaurant, and then continued their journey. Soon, the three began to see a light in the distance, and in a few short minutes this light became a glowing object, slowly crossing the tops of the tall pine trees. The area that they were in was densely occupied by pine and oak trees, surrounded by occasional swamps and small lakes. As they proceeded along their way, their initial thought was that the object was an airplane or helicopter from one of the airfields not too distant from their location. Suddenly, ahead of them loomed an immense diamond-shaped craft, which was hovering over the road ahead of them. At regular, fast intervals, the object would shoot down a stream of reddish-orange flames. Vickie would later describe it as being "like a diamond of fire". Being a devout Christian, she had had never believed in UFOs or extraterrestrials, and at this moment, she believed that she was witnessing the end of the world

Link to Source

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I have to add this one which is 1000% TRUTH.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hi antar, thanks for bringing this link under my attention,

I did read your story there about that meeting you had together with your friend with that strange looking alien being and beautiful woman.
That was really very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Just curious, but did you both not experienced some missing time and have you or your friend never thought about doing a hypnotic regression in order to trying to find out what could have happen then?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The Fawn Grove PA., USA, incident is one. It happened around early spring of April,1977. Complete with witnesses sighting a fiery ball, landing 200 feet in front of a large farm house, next to an apple orchard, near the house's driveway. A approx. 50 foot diameter burnt out area in a mowed grassy field, slight radioactivity was recorded at the empty landing spot; along with a surveyor's location of three triangle landing pod indentation's: approx. 1 foot in diameter with a 2 inch diameter 3/4 inch deep hole in each landing pod indentation. Article was written about it, in Belair MD. Ageis newspaper.

P.S.- The most believable, other-worldly craft sightings, are also the one's that I've seen myself.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 21-4-2011 by Erno86 because: deleted some words

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

the most belivable story to me is the hopkinsville kelly case.
en.wikipedia.org...

the most belivable sighting to me is my own because i saw the ufos my self

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Holloman AFB landing is intriguing as is the White House overflying, (was the White House date the same as the recent O'hare airport date of 16th July) It seems also that 16 july 1952 was a day of many UFO sightings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a link to some other stuff, make of it what you will,

www.ufocasebook.com...

One of the pictures there is really interesting, as it seems to me to be a nuts and bolts terrestrial object,

www.ufocasebook.com...
edit on 21-4-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This video seems questionable, but I think there are certain points of evidence that make it seem legit in ways. You can search for it on ATS "Area 51 alien interview" or something like that. It's pretty freaky.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I am not ready to attribute electromagnetic effects or radar hits to anything other than naturally occurring phenomenon.

Furbs, have a good look at cases like the Red Bluff incident, the Edwards AFB incident, the Portage County incident etc.. - many of the cases are listed here and the objects involved realy don't sound like naturally occurring phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I am not ready to attribute electromagnetic effects or radar hits to anything other than naturally occurring phenomenon.

Furbs, have a good look at cases like the Red Bluff incident, the Edwards AFB incident, the Portage County incident etc.. - many of the cases are listed here and the objects involved realy don't sound like naturally occurring phenomenon.

What you meant to say was that many of the cases don't sound like naturally occurring phenomenon of which we are aware. As I said before, I am not so arrogant to assume that man knows as much as he thinks he does about naturally occurring phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

to say was that many of the cases don't sound like naturally occurring phenomenon of which we are aware.

No, not realy -as I said before I think it's more about the ignorance (wilfull or not) of the reported facts surrounding speciifc cases - machine like structured objects with domes, antennas, portholes etc.. .sometimes emitting red or green beams or smaller objects have all been consistently reported by credible individuals such as policemen and military pilots - granted in some bizarre, incredibly unlikely, completely fantastical way these seemingly technological objects may be 'natural occuring phenomenon' as you suggest (and I do understand that the universe is stranger than we can imagine) but I realy do think you should acquaint yourself with the case histories of certain incidents before just flippantly dismissing all the reports. - the threads for specific cases are listed here here and hopefully you'll engage in them as there's some interesting speculation and deductive reasoning as to what these objects actual are.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Flatwoods Monster
The Flatwoods Monster incident, which occurred in Braxton, West Virginia, on Sept. 12, 1952. During this strange incident, eyewitnesses say they saw an alien craft land and then stumbled upon its terrifying occupant According to the reports, this creature was huge, at least 10 feet tall. its face gave off a reddish glow, and its body was green in colour. Its head was shaped like a heart or Ace of Spades, and out of this strangely shaped head bulged non-human eyes. The body is described as being shaped similar to a mans and dressed in some sort of dark clothing resembling a skirt. Reports ranged from the creature having no visible arms to short, stubby arms ending in long claw-like fingers

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

to say was that many of the cases don't sound like naturally occurring phenomenon of which we are aware.

No, not realy -as I said before I think it's more about the ignorance (wilfull or not) of the reported facts surrounding speciifc cases - machine like structured objects with domes, antennas, portholes etc.. .sometimes emitting red or green beams or smaller objects have all been consistently reported by credible individuals such as policemen and military pilots - granted in some bizarre, incredibly unlikely, completely fantastical way these seemingly technological objects may be 'natural occuring phenomenon' as you suggest (and I do understand that the universe is stranger than we can imagine) but I realy do think you should acquaint yourself with the case histories of certain incidents before just flippantly dismissing all the reports. - the threads for specific cases are listed here here and hopefully you'll engage in them as there's some interesting speculation and deductive reasoning as to what these objects actual are.

You have a 'belief' as to what these cases contain. The belief comes from your need for aliens to exist, and your willingness to believe that other individuals would not indulge flights of fancy whether out of their own interest, honest ignorance, mental illness, or monetary gain. I do not have as much faith in men.

I also have a 'belief' as to what the cases contain. My belief comes from understanding the nature of humans, their need for importance (especially self-importance) and the lengths at which humans will go to make themselves seem important.

Rorschach's test was a simplification of the world around us, and people are going to come to the conclusions that they want to come to, regardless of what anyone else tells them. That is what separates the scientific method from blind faith.

Reason vs. Faith

Viable 'scientific evidence' for Intelligent Extraterrestrial Visitation on this planet remains zero. If it was anything other than zero, it would be the biggest piece of information humanity has ever had, and would not be suppressed, because the people actually working with that knowledge would be made up of people that dedicated their lives to discovery and furthering science.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You have a 'belief' as to what these cases contain. The belief comes from your need for aliens to exist, and your willingness to believe that other individuals would not indulge flights of fancy whether out of their own interest, honest ignorance, mental illness, or monetary gain. I do not have as much faith in men.

I also have a 'belief' as to what the cases contain. My belief comes from understanding the nature of humans, their need for importance (especially self-importance) and the lengths at which humans will go to make themselves seem important.

Rorschach's test was a simplification of the world around us, and people are going to come to the conclusions that they want to come to, regardless of what anyone else tells them. That is what separates the scientific method from blind faith.

Reason vs. Faith

Viable 'scientific evidence' for Intelligent Extraterrestrial Visitation on this planet remains zero. If it was anything other than zero, it would be the biggest piece of information humanity has ever had, and would not be suppressed, because the people actually working with that knowledge would be made up of people that dedicated their lives to discovery and furthering science.

Hilarious, thanks for the good laugh -I have absolutely no idea what the objects involved in certain UFO incidents actualy are, maybe that's why I think the need for serious objective analysis (and impartial discussion) is so important....something you seem very reluctant to get involved with.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15f68d9aada1.png[/atsimg]

Can I ask you why you're so averse to addressing specific cases and arrogantly assuming that certain credible radar corellated UFO incidents must be attributed to naturlay occurring phenomenon?

Sounds to me like your thought processes are the exact opposite of rigorous,open minded scientific enquiry.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Viable 'scientific evidence' for Intelligent Extraterrestrial Visitation on this planet remains zero.

How do you figure that? Are you a scientist and do you even know what viable 'scientific evidence' is?

What if I show you a picture, a real one? Well that would be a waste of time because its all over the internet all ready. Take a guess at what picture I'm talking about, probably the most extraordinary picture ever taken. I'll give you a hint, it was in the newspaper in the 50s and what is displayed is more than a blurry dot. There were pictures before this and after that there is another one that is rather interesting, then another, and then another and every now and then they keep happening, these pictures that we can't explain away.

Look a scientist:
Jacques Vallee

I am just as skeptical as anyone else on the obvious, but unless you are in complete denial the fact remains that something is happening here. There is a lot of garbage out there, get past the hype that is being created and look at the real stuff.

It is one of those 'if true' things. If all this is a hoax and false we're good and we have nothing to worry about except making up a huge lie... but, if true, the ramifications of this are nothing short of the most important thing that has ever happened in human understanding.

What are you doing anyways? Trying to debunk a thread?
edit on 25-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The 1985 Bob White case.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Flatwoods Monster
The Flatwoods Monster incident, which occurred in Braxton, West Virginia, on Sept. 12, 1952. During this strange incident, eyewitnesses say they saw an alien craft land and then stumbled upon its terrifying occupant According to the reports, this creature was huge, at least 10 feet tall. its face gave off a reddish glow, and its body was green in colour. Its head was shaped like a heart or Ace of Spades, and out of this strangely shaped head bulged non-human eyes. The body is described as being shaped similar to a mans and dressed in some sort of dark clothing resembling a skirt. Reports ranged from the creature having no visible arms to short, stubby arms ending in long claw-like fingers

Sugarcookie, good call on the Flatwoods case, I don't know if you've seen it but Stanton Friedman makes some very good points below about the inadequecies of the 'official' investigation and missing soil and liquid samples.

There's also another very intriguing UFO case here with running commentary from the pilots who were never heard from again.

The Disappearance of flight N3808H, Puerto Rico, 1980

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thing is UFO can be made from EA, as high technology craft. Its the U.F.Space craft from? you gotta consider.
edit on 4/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Valentich disappearance: Wiki

Australia dept of transportation transcripts: 1, 2, 3

So, a guy in a plane started talking about UFOs, soon after he was never heard from again. Coincidentally, there were UFO sightings in this area at the exact same time.

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yea, but we don't (as far as I know) have the capability to mimic some of the movements and defiance of physical laws of UFOs now, and we certainly didn't in the 1940s and 50s. People have reported UFOs dissipating, which we can do with newer materials developed, but how do we explain one point 90 degree turns at high speed? Has the government/military created a bubble inside of which inertia doesn't apply?
edit on 25-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Can I ask you why you're so averse to addressing specific cases and arrogantly assuming that certain credible radar corellated UFO incidents must be attributed to naturlay occurring phenomenon?

Sounds to me like your thought processes are the exact opposite of rigorous,open minded scientific enquiry.

That's quite easy. I am adverse to addressing specific cases because I am not an expert in any areas of science involved in understanding the physical world. I am a social scientist. My opinion on the cases comes from my understanding of humans, not of physical evidence. I leave the furthering of physical science to those qualified to do so. Those that I have entrusted to do so tell me that zero scientifically verifiable physical evidence has been collected to support the claim that we have ever been visited by beings from another world.

If your opinion is to look at the cases for yourself and make your own conclusions based on beliefs not grounded in scientific underpinning, it is not one I find to be a very logical one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join