It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most Believable UFO Incident/Post on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have followed UFO case for Over 25 years. I am familiar with the classic cases
such as Roswell, Betty and Barney Hill,Wallace Arnold and many others.
While these cases made the media headlines at the time and since, I would like to know what other
members, here on ATS know, about less well known cases, that defy debunking, and if possible a link to where they are posted on ATS.
Would also appreciate if new cases that are really worth Investigating can be brought to the thread too.

Respectfully please don't post blurry flashing lights you tube videos,we have enough of these
already.

Shag Harbour is the only one I can think of that was never truly explained or debunked.

Over to you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

the Valentich case

en.wikipedia.org...

Westall as well

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-4-2011 by Onet Wosix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

The O'Hare airport sighting, which was featured in the unlock it game, is a pretty interesting one with a few witnesses coming forward right here on ATS.

ATS - O'Hare Airport Sighting

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I've posted it before and I'll post it again

For me one of the very best UFO incidents has to that of Iranian Air Force pilot General Parviz Jafari's 1976 UFO encounter .

The form from the DIA also stated the following: "An outstanding report. This case is a classic which meets all the criteria necessary for a valid study of the UFO phenomenon:
a) The object was seen by multiple witnesses from different locations (i.e., Shamiran, Mehrabad, and the dry lake bed) and viewpoints (both airborne and from the ground).
b) The credibility of many of the witnesses was high (an Air Force general, qualified aircrews, and experienced tower operators).
c) Visual sightings were confirmed by radar.
d) Similar electromagnetic effects (EME) were reported by three separate aircraft.
e) There were physiological effects on some crew members (i.e., loss of night vision due to the brightness of the object).
f) An inordinate amount of maneuverability was displayed by the UFOs."
en.wikipedia.org...

The incident is regarded by a number of UFO researchers to be one of the premier UFO encounters ever recorded. Some researchers consider it strong evidence for the extraterrestrial origins of the UFO because there was a blackout on the F-4 just when it was going to fire and because of instrumental breakdowns on two different aircraft while they were on the chase. A military spy satellite also recorded this incident. The DSP-1 satellite detected an infrared anomaly during the time of this event that lasted for about an hour
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-4-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As far as what Ive seen on ATS I would think the Chicago O'Hare Event was pretty intense. A lot of research and work went in to this one and even got SO fired up real good... was fun to watch open up. For me it falls into the category of the 15-20% of reported cases that can not be explained by anything we know of at present. Doesn't mean it was likely alien just that without speculation no one could ID what it was.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The thread in my sig is still an unsolved mystery to me...I'm not buying stars...sorry

There was a UFO sighting in Turkey I believe that had military jets/helicopters chasing it, was covered by the local news. ATS archives are the most all inclusive forums for UFO sighting, as far as I know...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Rigel4, Shag Harbour is indeed a very interesting one and even many of the 'officialy debunked' USAF explanations need serious reconsideration (link) but here are some UFO cases that have had me (and I'm sure many other folks) scratching their heads down the years.

The RAF Boulmer Incident

The Little Rissington UFO Incident

The Edwards Air Force Base UFO Incident (1965)

The Stephenville/Dublin UFO Incidents

The US Coastguard Lake Erie UFO Incident

The Gosford Incident

The Minot AFB Incident (1968)

The Bariloche UFO Incident

The Bethune case (1951)

The Coyne Incident

The Tehran Incident

The Colares Incident

The Portage County Incident

The Exeter Puzzle Incident

The Canon AFB Incident (1976)

The Davis-Monthan AFB UFO Incident (1952)

The Red Bluff UFO Incident

The Yukon Territory UFO Incident (1996)

Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

O'Hare sighting remains unexplained still I believe, I would have to agree with you on that one.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wow, I have never heard of some these, thank you.
Plenty too keep me Interested for a while there.
This is the reason I joined ATS in the first place, so i could read
and learn from more knowledgeable members.

Honestly it's so demoralising when all that seems to get posted are the blurry lights
scenario.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

For creditability I'd have to go with the Gordon Cooper sighting.

He was at an air base WITH a fully equiped film crew taking movies of P-86 Sabre jets taking off and landing.

He said a circular craft landed fifty yards away, they got a really good film of it, BUT it's his wording of the incident that makes this one so good. Because he is a pilot, and so talks like a pilot.

He said "It landed about 50 yards away, stayed for a few minutes then it lifted off, PUT THE GEAR BACK IN THE WELL AND THEN disappeared with increadable speed.

The film was sent to Washington and has never been seen since, another government cover up.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

This one I just saw on Youtube, is one of the best sightings I have seen in years, In Full Screen you can see even more. The debunkers will have to work over time to disprove it. Timed the thread good F&S

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

None of these have been adequately explained:

1980 Cash-Landrum, Texas

1973 Coyne/UH-1, Ohio

1957 RB47, Gulf of Mexico

1986 JAL, Alaska

1967 Malmstrom AFB

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I have followed UFO case for Over 25 years. I am familiar with the classic cases
such as Roswell, Betty and Barney Hill,Wallace Arnold and many others.
While these cases made the media headlines at the time and since, I would like to know what other
members, here on ATS know, about less well known cases, that defy debunking, and if possible a link to where they are posted on ATS.
Would also appreciate if new cases that are really worth Investigating can be brought to the thread too.

Respectfully please don't post blurry flashing lights you tube videos,we have enough of these
already.

Shag Harbour is the only one I can think of that was never truly explained or debunked.

Over to you.

Hi rigel4, there are no doubt other very good cases, but I think that the more than two-year "wave" over Belgium, beginning in late 1989 is one of them and the Rendlesham forrest Case is the next..

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

40. 59 references : Belgium radar/visual sightings (1989/1990)

UFO radar/visual sightings at Eupen, Belgium. One of a number of reports in Belgium from October 1989 to late 1990, often involving descriptions of a large triangle.

This incident came second in an online poll conducted in March/April 2006 by Paul Kimball of “the UFO case with the ‘best evidence’ ever”.

Also very interesting is this thread posted by IsaacKoi.

Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed!,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread of Gazrok.

The Case for Rendlesham

edit on 21/4/11 by spacevisitor because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/4/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This is like asking which is the most believable religion. You shouldn't accept as fact that which merely has a ring of truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hello,
I've got a list of Australian known, and not so known cases, enjoy.

1. 31 August 1954 Sea Fury case, near Goulbourn, NSW, Australia (experienced naval pilot, radar visual confirmation, independent ground witnesses, apparent intelligent responses to witnesses’ thoughts about possible collision)

2. 23 July 1992 Peter Khoury “Hair of Alien” DNA case, Sydney, Australia (abduction-type encounter with female Nordic blonde yields anomalous hair sample that suggests “hybrid origin” and unusual genetic profiles)

3. 27 June 1959 Father Gill UFO entity sighting, Boianai, Papua New Guinea (credible multiple-witness sighting of animate entities on UFO with intelligent interactions)

4. 30 September 1980 George Blackwell’s UFO landing and physical trace case, Rosedale, Victoria, Australia (compelling array of physical evidence – ground trace, missing water, effects on witness, other witness)

5. 8 August 1993 Kelly Cahill’s abduction experience, Narre Warren North, Victoria, Australia (possible independent multiple-witness UFO encounter with abduction aspects and physical evidence)

6. 19 January 1966 George Pedley’s UFO nest encounter, Tully, Queensland, Australia (daylight close encounter with UFO take-off leaving physical evidence – “UFO nest”)

7. 14 April 1966 Ron Sullivan’s “bent headlight beam” experience, Burkes Flat, Victoria, Australia (striking UFO encounter, physical traces, bent light beams, possible related fatalities)

8. 6 April 1966 Westall school daylight UFO landing encounter, Westall, Victoria, Australia (multiple-witness daylight landing, physical traces, “cover-up” dimensions)

9. 1977–78 Gisborne UFO abduction milieu, Gisborne, New Zealand (complex and high strangeness UFO and abduction milieu – entities, multiple witnesses, multiple abductions)

10. May – August 1973 Tyringham Dundurrabin intense UFO flap area, New South Wales, Australia (long-term intense UFO flap, multiple witnesses, physical effects, paranormal aspects)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

valid point
but also remember the cases brought up have radar, eyes, and footage to corroborate the sightings

thanks for the thread OP
always bring to light a case i may not have heard of

S+F

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
This is like asking which is the most believable religion. .

Furbs, I don't think that's a fair comparison at all - there's lots of evidence for the reality of the UFO subject and, as far as I'm aware, there's none whatsoever for the various dogmas and doctrines of organised religion.

You may have not actualy looked into the UFO subject for yourself but I think it's a bit ignorant to equate the subject to superstition, mythology and faith based opinions - especialy when these unknown objects are sometimes confirmed on multiple radar and exhibit electromagnetic effects on actual aircraft.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I always believe children more then adults

UFO and ETs encounter with 62 children in South Africa, 1994

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have to add this one which is 1000% TRUTH.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There are some great posts in here, with leads that will keep me, as well as others reading
for awhile.
I thank you all for your posts and have a couple of my own to add later this evening.
Going out to dinner shortly with my kids.

Have good evening all

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join