It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's plan to invest £46bn to boost falling birth rate by 25%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Population predicted to plummet by one million a year until 2017

Russia's population will plummet by 30 per cent in the next four decades due to a falling birth rate, Vladimir Putin warned today.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Falling birth rates? Must be the Aspartame!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Russian women have more abortions than births over the course of thier child-bearing lives. In the late 80's two abortions were performed for every live birth and things havenet gotten much better since then. Russian men drink and smoke themselves into early graves. People dont want to bring children into a dying culture.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ship me over there I can help out.
edit on 20-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Those crazy Russians! What about overpopulation and global warming?
Maybe someone should tell Putin that his plan will cause the world to end? Isn't he up to speed with the latest indisputable settled science and truthful facts coming out of the western media? He just has not thought this through.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by trouble_every_day

Theres no such thing as overpopulation or global warming *cough climate change cough*

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I am a little confused. Although i cant find the article anymore i remember a statement rom the russian government in the last year, where they said that after rising for several years now, birthrates finally reached the point that the overall russian popoluation is growing instead of shrinking like it was the case in the previous years.
So whats the deal now with stating, that the population will diminish by 30 percent in the next decade? I can hardly believe that birthrates changed that much in less than one year.

new topics

top topics

join