It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Warning to Tokyo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In a recent thread, I documented the pattern of earthquakes in Japan which led me to believe that Tokyo may be at increased risk for a bigger quake:

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

It started with this picture:

It has progressed into one of the most incredible aftershock sequences ever. However, what has just occurred with a brand new quake minutes ago, may potentially confirm that the southern subduction zone is threatening to come alive in a very bad way. And I have been saying it all along, once I saw that first key quake from the other thread. Please read it.

This is the new quake, a 5.1 on the southern zone, and right in the middle of it:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

With THIS quake however, I estimate that the chances of a very big quake threatening Tokyo have become EXTREME and SEVERE. I urge Japan once again to consider at least warning its citizens in Tokyo of an impending catastrophe.

With all the other quakes that have happened surrounding Tokyo, as you can see from the map, the activity has marked its area of unrest early on, and imo has telegraphed what is to come. And it has happened almost verbatim to what I have been expecting, with a few surprises and even a new fault going off. Again, read the other thread.

This thread is the final warning. It should be obvious what is about to happen to Tokyo, and if you seismologists in Japan didn't listen to me before, perhaps you'll listen now. You got quakes surrounding you, and now ANOTHER big quake in the middle of the bottom zone. The tsunami will be large, and so close to your shore that there won't be much time to react.

I URGE you, DO SOMETHING. WARN YOUR PEOPLE. And even perhaps consider a temporary evacuation of the city, before it is too late. Because you are about to get slammed. I estimate an 80% chance or better of this happening within the next two weeks, but may happen any time now. LOOK at that quake, and LOOK at the others on that zone. WHAT MORE WARNING SIGNS DO YOU WANT?

Do not forget these as well:

And these:

All along that activity has defined the zone that is to rupture. It all adds up to one big mess. If that southern zone unzips we could see a literal repeat of what just occurred, except centered around Tokyo.
edit on Tue Apr 19th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I don't have enough siesmological knowledge to evaluate your claims but you certainly have my attention

One thing to remember, though: There will be no evacuating a city of nearly 30 million. Ever.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Another great post TA. I fear you may be spot on with your prediction and for the life of me cannot figure out why the Japanese government has not at least announced some type of voluntary evacuation for the citizens of Tokyo. Obviously the logistics of evacuating a city that large would be a challenge.

I sincerely hope, however, that you are wrong. Those poor people have been through enough already.
edit on 19-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The 60 trillion yen reported paid out could have evacuated them, donated land and Yurts. Canada is huge with a miniscule population as well.

There is no excuse and the earthquake risk is huge. And the radiation is huge.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I agree, how long are they meant to evacuate for?

link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I URGE you, DO SOMETHING. WARN YOUR PEOPLE. And even perhaps consider a temporary evacuation of the city, before it is too late. Because you are about to get slammed. I estimate an 80% chance or better of this happening within the next two weeks, but may happen any time now. LOOK at that quake, and LOOK at the others on that zone. WHAT MORE WARNING SIGNS DO YOU WANT?

The population of metro Tokyo is around 35 million. That's more than a lot of countries packed in a very dense area.
Evacuation on that scale is impossible.

Even if they could evacuate it would collapse the Japanese economy, and perhaps send the world into a depression. Thats a hell of a risk for something that may or may not happen.

link   
I wonder if the recent fish die off that washed up in Ventura (CA) is the precursor to the coming quake you speak of? Could be rather interesting if it happens again. Sad for sure, but definitely interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The writing has been on the wall for these guys for a whole now, and they really need to see it. Unfortunately they have to rely on their leaders to let em know it's time.

I feel so sad watching all of the events unfold.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

With THIS quake however, I estimate that the chances of a very big quake threatening Tokyo have become EXTREME and SEVERE. I urge Japan once again to consider at least warning its citizens in Tokyo of an impending catastrophe.

I read that you urge Japan to warn its citizens, have you contacted the Japanese goverment or seismology department to pass on the information?
or are you hoping that the Japanese people who look at ATS will pass the message on for you?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I commend your ability to use common sense and put this whole picture together (something the "experts" need a crash course on).

Tokyo is a ticking time bomb based on all the quakes, fore shocks, and aftershocks, it's very reasonable to predict more big tremors for that area. I told my friend in Tokyo to leave on March 15th, he left by the 20th went to China with his family of 4 and can't stop thanking me ever since. He says the peace of mind alone was worth the move. I just wish I had a way to warn everyone who has reasonable means to get out while there is still time.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You have certainly collected enough data to give credence to your recent threads, so I kinda did a twice take at your thread when I saw you were the author. I pray that your wrong, but one can't deny the data you have provided as of lately. Hopefully someone that is in a position to take action notices this.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

I understand that is alot of people and alot of resources, and I also understand what I just said was an understatement haha, but I guarantee if you were one of those 35 million you would be singing an entirely different tune.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Even if they could evacuate it would collapse the Japanese economy, and perhaps send the world into a depression. Thats a hell of a risk for something that may or may not happen.

I'd take a long overdue economic collapse to save the lives of 35 million people. Especially since this thing is going to collapse regardless of what anyone does, it has been designed that way.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I read that you urge Japan to warn its citizens, have you contacted the Japanese goverment or seismology department to pass on the information?
or are you hoping that the Japanese people who look at ATS will pass the message on for you?

You think they would even listen to a person that doesn't have a seismology or geology degree?

I am hoping their citizens listen, and be advised.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

There was a 5.6 too? I don't know which area but near Japan.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I thought I read that Japan had some kind of censorship of the internet just recently, so they could cut out controversial information from reaching them.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Back to your old fear-mongering again I see. I will bet you that you are wrong and when I'm correct will you please quit trying to scare people and find a different hobby.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

You think they would even listen to a person that doesn't have a seismology or geology degree?

I am hoping their citizens listen, and be advised.

I could hear that conversation now. "Hi, I'm from ATS." Click.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You cant say The goverment should warn their people and leave it at that.
If you are so sure you should be at least attampting to contact the seismology department in Japan and put forward your theory for them to look into.
just because you do not have a degree does not mean you will be ignored, there are many here who have looked at your information and starred and flagged you because they see some possibility to your theory.

At least try otherwise you are the one who will feel guilty if something happens because you didn't do everything you could to possibly save millions of lives, the only reason I could see why you don't do everything in your power to inform is because you are not sure of your own theory and just looking for stars and flags.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
They monitor all the rumors online concerning their situation and especially the worlds top forums.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join