It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are electronics makers serving up half-baked gadgets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Why are electronics makers serving up half-baked gadgets?

Source

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think this is a perfect example of how the average person has relegated themselves to accept quantity over quality. Back in the day, businesses would not think of releasing something that had not been completed. In peoples quest to find the cheapest products, they set them selves up to have piss poor products. If something does not work, just buy another one. Has anyone not realized that the makers of a lot of products out there are aware of this? They create a less than adequate product knowing that the technology that is in place can be hid behind without usually having to deal directly with the customer. Out of frustration the customer just buys another one without realizing that they are only helping their agenda buy further lining their pockets.

When will people start demanding quality again. I would rather pay a few more bucks for a product knowing it is quality. And not have to waste time and money having to run all the way back to the store to have it replaced. I would hate to think of all the wasted money spent on just trying to get broken products replaced/repaired.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Probably just looking for a quick buck!
Also if there is a budget for a device they are making and that budget runs out before the device is ready...they may have to ship it out as is., just to recoup their investment.
To deliberately ship a crap product is bad business. Or stupidity.
If you feel you need to always buy the latest and greatest item that come out. then your a marketers dream pawn.
And remember to research any new electronic device you buy. check websites like Consumers Buyers Guide that tests and rate new products.
They don't say "Buyer Beware " For nothing.

new topics

join