It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK allegedly executed two officials in 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Last week, world media reported that two key North Korean officials were executed a few months ago. One was Kim Yong-sam, the former minister for railways. Reportedly, he was held responsible for a mysterious explosion that in 2004 wiped out the entire railway station of Ryongchon a few hours after the armored train of Dear Leader Kim Jong-il had passed through – a suspected assassination attempt. The other North Korean official was Mun Il-bong, the finance minister. His alleged crime was the inability to handle the currency reform that in late 2009 nearly brought the North Korean economy to a complete standstill.

Article Source

G-d bless these two and their families.
I cannot imagine living in North Korea and having to suffer under this leadership.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yet why did the video game homefront and the red dawn remake show North Koreans "liberating" the US? They have issues like these.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Video games? I don't play video games as much anymore so your comment is news to me.
I like going to these sites. It paints an interesting picture of North Korea.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

here read this

en.wikipedia.org...(video_game)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I would expect nothing less from NK.

They really are the last real rogue nation. It it amazing what they will do.

It will be interesting to see how this nation collapses, and I guarantee in our lifetimes it will collapse.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

It will have to collapse from the inside out. If the U.S. or NATO attacks then WW3 will occur. Because North Korea will fight back and China and maybe Russia will come to NK aid.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto

It will have to collapse from the inside out. If the U.S. or NATO attacks then WW3 will occur. Because North Korea will fight back and China and maybe Russia will come to NK aid.

Maybe. I think even Russia and China wouldn't mind seeing this country go. Maybe I am wrong but I think that China is in such a powerful position now that the fate of NK will have little impact on them.

Nobody likes an unpredictable variable.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Who knows really. A while back I read China likes having North Korea as a buffer between South Korea. Maybe political and economic reasons.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow. The minister of railways missed it by this............no......that much, time. Pitiful.

North Korea might be the last rogue country, but news of executions abound in this world. Let's not (U.S.) get all worked up over these executions.

Forgive me, I forgot that North Korea is part of the evil axis.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

Yes, I agree they like having a border buffer. Most likely NK will collapse on itself. For the sake of it's citizens I hope sooner rather than later.

Maybe, China will make a land grab and take over NK themselves. Probably would be a good deal for those stuck in that wasteland.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I can't wait to see North Korea collapse. So many people in there are starving to death needlessly with food right over the border. So many of them don't even know what exists out here, the kind of things we have and the freedom we have.

They have a truly terrible life.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Wow. The minister of railways missed it by this............no......that much, time. Pitiful.

North Korea might be the last rogue country, but news of executions abound in this world. Let's not (U.S.) get all worked up over these executions.

Forgive me, I forgot that North Korea is part of the evil axis.

Agreed. Many human rights violations in many other places.

I think if you take a position of leadership for a guy like Kim Jong Il you know what you are in for.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

sadly the US is not going to "liberate" North Korea unless she has oil

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think when the dear leader dies, we will see the start of the end. His younger son still does not have the respect of the Army like the dear leaader, and if dad kicks off anytime soon I can see a power play occuring. Even China is a bit torqued about the line of succession if wikileaks info is to be beleived.

Even if war did occur, aside from their wmd program I dont think they would fare as well as one might think. Their technology is still in the 60's. Even their troop number superiority advantage would not last long. Plus, I think if it kicked off, I think we would see a lot of surrenders / defections from the North Korean Army.

I mean the propoganda alone in North Korea when talking about the Dear Leader is humerous.
*He invented Golf
*He invesnted the internet (im sure Al Gore will be pissed about this)
*The leaders of N. Korea are directly descended from the Gods

Honestly speaking, North Korea reminds me of the movie Austin Powers. Out of place, out of time...

top topics

join