It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people defend Islamofascists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I dont know anyone that defends them personally, just because some of us dont equate every muslim with an islamofacist dosn't mean we condone Islofacism. That's just typical right wing "with us or against us" mentality. Black and white, no shades of grey.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

My point was that not that the way of Muslim's life was wrong. I'm talking about the Islamofascists at the top. Those people are the ones that are evil and the same thing goes with the rest of the people at the top in most societies. Most Muslims are fine. It's just the radical fascists ones that gives them a bad name.

EDIT: I am not a neocon, if that's what you're thinking.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You are correct! It's the bad apples on the fringe that ruin the batch.

This is true in all areas of the world and political spectrums. Just take a look at the outright fascism oozing from the neocon/patriot movement.

Unfortunatly, I think we all become prey to the "propoganda" of each and every group that has an agenda to fulfill. There is no way around it, but the real issue lies with the individual. What do you choose to believe? You may be wrong, you could be right......but how you treat your neighbor based on that propoganda is what matters.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

But that is not very libertarian.. in fact it is the complete antithesis of libertarian position, which is to maximize individual liberty and freedoms of expression and action. That is something I would expect to hear from a fascist, or radical democrat, certainly not libertarian..

To clarify: the topic of the thread is Islamofascism, that means muslims forcing their beliefs on whole society, not acts that fall under freedom of religion and such.
edit on 18/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

But that is not very libertarian.. in fact it is the complete antithesis of libertarian position, which is to maximize individual liberty and freedoms of expression and action. That is something I would expect to hear from a fascist, or radical democrat, certainly not libertarian..

To clarify: the topic of the thread is Islamofascism, that means muslims forcing their beliefs on whole society, not acts that fall under freedom of religion and such.
edit on 18/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

So we impose our values on the "savages" so they can be enlightened. Were does it end. Muslims now you and your belief system later. I've heard this story before.

Clever fascists try to control people that way. They want everyone to be predictable.

Lets not tell other people how to run thier lives. Let them fail. Let them succeed. Its thier choice. Thats real freedom.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Islamofacists?

It takes one to defend one.

The funniest part is that the very ones who preach the most tolerance - are the very ones that Islam under Sharia law would round up and execute first.

Hilarious, when you think about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It wouldn't be fair to say liberals defend Islamofacism. That wouldn't really make sense because Islamists (note the difference between "Islamist" and "Islamic", for those of you that don't know) are extremely socially conservative. If anyone's "intolerant" it's the Islamists. Now, some liberals may defend Islamofacism out of fear, but that isn't representative of the overwhelming majority of Western liberals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join