It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Earthquake in Australia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This time in Western Australia
www.abc.net.au...
A small earthquake has hit off the north-west coast of Western Australia.

The US Geological Survey recorded the 5.2-magnitude tremor at 1:40am local time this morning, 522 kilometres west of Port Hedland.

One of the most geographically stable countries is being shaken again,if this isnt a sign then i dont know what is
And for all you HAARP players ,its right near it

edit on 17-4-2011 by 12voltz because:
edit on 17-4-2011 by 12voltz because: of the falling coconuts
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I wonder if countries like France will be shaked .

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't exactly call a 5.2 Mag 'small'

Concerning!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

now i do believe that activity has increased recently but i dont think that alot of these earthquakes are nothing out of the ordinary...its just that everyones eyes now are posted on sites and are waiting for the first little shake to be able to say something about it...if it wasnt foe Japa or christchurch i doubt that most of these threads about EQ'S would even exist..nothing against you but just alot of them really dont need the attention they get...good job keeping on top of things tho...i kow others appreciate posters like you who keep them updated...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Wow, and I expect more to come knowing all our fault lines throughout Australia

This site will show you the map of all the fault lines known in Australia:

www.ga.gov.au...

Perth and pretty much all of WA is sitting on one of the world's biggest fault line

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Gday,yes we are considered stable but still have little rumbles from time to time.It does seem however a lot more active as recent with some quite large 5+ hitting us.People are noticing it too,locally we have had lots of little rumbles over the last 12 months which is raising an eyebrow.Still mild to what they get elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I dont really follow with the quakes but two 5+ quakes in a week is not exactly a normal occurrence in Australia

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
reply to post by 12voltz

I wonder if countries like France will be shaked .

France gets tremors on the small side very often.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Even though it was a 5.2 it is still significant
I was in the 1989 earthquake in newcastle 5.8 it was, it still dropped buildings and it still killed people.
And for Oz to have a couple of earthquakes at 5+ in two last 2 weeks is unusual.
And with all the other quakes and shakes around lately it does seems to be all related.
But the question is what is going on

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by gdaub23

I dont really follow with the quakes but two 5+ quakes in a week is not exactly a normal occurrence in Australia

well i award this post the understatement of the year. lol.......it never bloody happens.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
But considering the pressure building in the ring of fire and that pressure being released, if it is to be looked at logically, then it really is just a natural thing. Tectonic plates move all the time... thats right all the time...

Faults are caused by slips and thrusts and folds in the earhts crust. This happens all the time.

it is worthwhile to note though that the latitude of the 2 recent quakes in OZ is almost the same.

I find this interesting

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
After seeing these two eqs on USGS this morning my mind is pretty set now that something extreme is going on around and within the ring of fire.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
i have to agree with the above poster. the only problem is that those of us who have been following this and reading up on it - when it happens - probably wont have electricity and internet to get on here an say "this is what we have thought would happen". we will all just be frustrated ats's with no one to speak to and no one believing us when we say we knew it was coming.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thats 5 unusual earthquakes in australia in a Month

3 off Brisbane/QLD
2 in WA (2.0 in Perth, 5.1 off Exmouth)

Things are moving.
Get the boat ready darl

edit on 18-4-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join