It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I start sounding more manly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Every-time I'm on the phone they call ma'am or madam. Either it is a conspiracy or I really do sound like a woman on the phone. The worst was when I answered my friends phone. I was called Ms. Alexander. My voice is not that light? I mean I recite poetry, listen to classical opera, and watch romance flicks. How manly can I get? My voice needs to deepen! How can I deepen my voice?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
By not wearing underwear,your testicles will eventually pull your vocal cords down somewhat,thereby naturally deepening your voice,good luck.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Really?
Are you a doctor? I have to know more.
Tell me more

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I don't care who you are, that there's funny.

@FeraVerto - I certainly hope you're kidding here. If you've really taken all those steps and are still not seeing any improvements to your voice, I recommend listening to more Lady Gaga. If that still doesn't work, you can always consider a belly ring, they're supposed to stimulate testosterone production.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
get a sex change you'll probably sound more manly

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yes,let it all hang low.You will find your voice will deepen and your whole persona of being a man will take on a whole new meaning.This will also build your confidence up with women,who will sense your manlihood and cling to you like suds on a pint of guinness.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

No, I'm serious. Do many other men have light voices? I'm not gay or anything of that nature. I just love certain things other men do not find interesting. Heck I would love to see ballet in person then go see car races. I would like to deepen my voice to make me sound like a real man inside.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
By not wearing underwear,your testicles will eventually pull your vocal cords down somewhat,thereby naturally deepening your voice,good luck.

That is the most insane thing I've ever heard. Where did you learn that testicles are ATTACHED to your vocal chords? (actually vocal folds). Hopefully you were joking.

To the OP, there are exercises you can do to help you lower your speaking voice. A quick internet search should provide you with some options.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neOrevolutionist

Thanks I will have to check out Google. Soon I will be called sir; not ma'ma on the phone anymore. Trust me it is terrible being called a ma'am over the phone.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
And drink a LOT of whiskey and smoke LOTS and LOTS of cigars

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

drink lots of whiskey and smoke lots of fat cigars,that should shred you vocal cords enough to make your voice sound gravelly lol

link   
... Do the hokey pokey and shake it all around ... Yup, that's what it's all about

link   
grow a pair of balls

link   
Or

link   
reply to post by Alternator

Sorry, I do not like alcoholically drinks and smoking causing many illnesses. I would like to keep my body in shape for anything. I have smoked before and I always got flu like systems. Waste of money and weed.

link   
reply to post by Alternator

wow that was wierd,i thought the same thing at the same time and sent it lol sorry

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Thanks for the laugh.
I just feel like I'm comedian and I feel people should drop coins in my hat.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hmmm. Sorry, in that case. It sounded satirical.

If you're serious, E-how has an article here with some ideas to work on.

I can imagine it's pretty terrible for people to call you the wrong sex - I know I've felt like an utter arse when I've done it to people (but I still have to laugh at "I'm not a ma'am, I'm a thir, tho rethpect me!" - not offering any judgement on that one, but I had to put myself on hold and LOL).

And I can appreciate being interested in non-man's man kind of things. Most men won't branch out into the like for fear of ridicule, but is always good to get some culture and expand horizons.

Chesed v'shalom.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

that's nothing. when I was in grade school, i had boy-tits, earrings (yes, in 5th grade!) long hair and big rosy, puffy cheeks. Little kids in the grocery store would ask their mothers if I was a boy or a girl!

as a younger guy, it was a little traumatic, but now I just look back and laugh. I am who I am and if society has a hard time labeling me, then that's their problem! Embrace your voice, man! next time somebody on the phone thinks you're a chick, indulge them! Drag it out, play with it, if it's a guy, flirt with him until he starts giggling and them tell him you're a dude! Make a joke out of it, otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

It feels like I'm not manly enough. But it is pretty funning. I can prank call people and act like I'm their secret girlfriend and your boyfriend is cheating on you. I need to see what I can do to deepen my voice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join