It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock employment figures: Fewer than 46% of Americans have jobs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

poet1b

I echo your thoughts even though i am in the UK..

The same is true over here too............. currently people are Blaming and starting to blame the current Coalition government for our problems YET it was the previous Labour Government whom caused the problems in the first place...!!

Like steering a large ship into port, you have to SLOW DOWN 20 miles beforehand and start turning even further back........ things don't just CHANGE overnight, they take time...... Obviously in our quick serve popular culture, alot of people haven't got the staying power for change and conviently blame whoever just to vent their anger and angst !!

I think most people have GOLDFISH memories and fill their brains with lots of other pointless S*** without educating themselves.....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

the idea behind your opinion is all fine and good, though there is one major problem. The problem is that we don't have free trade and what our politicians call "free-trade", isn't free-trade at all. It's just a buzz-word used by our politicians and the elite to get us to swallow a jagged pill. Because of this deception of what free-trade actually is, and the ignorance and unwillingness of the American people to actually look into policy, people then turn off the true idea of free-trade and free-markets. America has not had free-markets, arguably since Andrew Jackson and the defeat of the first entrenched central bank. So, in disagreeing with what our contemporary politicians call "free-trade", you aren't necessarily disagreeing with the idea of free-trade. In fact, chances are that by disagreeing with our currently named policy of free-trade, one would be more prone to agree with true free-trade.

--airspoon

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Notice how I make note in the OP of the difference between these numbers and the "official unemployment numbers". Nowhere in this thread were these statistics passed off as a contradiction to the official unemployment statistics. Instead, the article and thread both served only as a different viewing angle to our economy as a whole, which by the way isn't doing as good as it should or as its touted.

--airspoon

<< 1  2   >>

join