It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Cameron and Sarkozy: no let-up in Libya until Gaddafi departs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Obama, Cameron and Sarkozy: no let-up in Libya until Gaddafi departs

www.guardian.co.uk

US president reverses previously cautious approach to Libyan conflict and signs America up to more muscular intervention
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d9be39c3fc2.jpg[/atsimg]

President Obama today signals the return of America to the forefront of the international effort in Libya, writing a joint article with David Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy in which the three leaders commit their countries to pursue military action until Colonel Gaddafi has been removed.

In the joint article, Obama reverses America's earlier cautious approach to the conflict – which saw th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I wonder how much truth is in the statements that Gadhafi will not be made to leave by force...

Gaza settled down abit so the US may as well go back to playing in Libya...

I think it would be so much easier to remove Gadhafi by force, send in a real special team get it done right. But I guess that would be too fast...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

With Tripoli's rebel underground'They're going to catch me soon.' Libyan activist risks arrest to tell of guerrilla attacks and plans for suicide bombings

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 15-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Forceful regime change, taking sides in a civil war, arming rebels... The West's selective intervention has paved the way for ignorant fools to finally see the Wester hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

I see it as the game for control of the world moving from economic warfare into the military arena.. I hope this i a short term thing, but suspect we are stuck on a path that will end in a major conflict and yet another devastating blow for us as a species.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
So the CIA and the Anglo-American establishment decided to kind of escalate an unnecessary conflict to a kind of war. Duly noted...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The main culprits for war and oil again france britain america .
There is no doubt this conflict is about oil I was watching Sky news this morning when one guest was saying that BP have billions invested in Libya and started talking about how it has not been talked about etc then sky news reader says right moving on whilst the guy was still talking about the subject and making credible truth points- denial at best or media black out when oil is mentioned in a conflict.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war.
Barack Obama

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well with all the tech we have why don't we just take him out if we are that bothered by him.

join