It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spreading Some Bad Seeds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have not seen a Monsanto thread for a while and this excellent article from a Cincinnati paper City Beat presents a really good "round-up" of Monsantos' activities - past to present.
From their involvement in the Manhatten Projejt, development of Agent Orange and DDT, to their current role as the Leader in GM Seeds, this article exposes all.
City Beat

Imagine that a storm blows across your garden - and that now, without your knowledge and without your consent, foreign and genetically-manipulated seeds are in your vegetable patch which you have nourished and maintained for many years. A few days later, representatives of a multi-national corporate group pay you a visit at home, demand that you surrender your vegetables and file a criminal complaint against you

MonsantovsSchmeiser

No matter: Monsanto now provides roughly 90 percent of the world’s genetically modified seeds

City Beat

They purport to be helping solve the world food crisis with their GM crops but it seems they are doing exactly the opposite, while ordinary farmers and heirloom seeds and crops are becoming extinct.

But farmers are fighting back:

Despite Monsanto’s new mission to support farmers around the world, the company now controls the global seed market to such an extent that many conventional farmers are forced to use Monsanto’s gene-patented seeds.

“The amount of consolidation in the seed industry is extreme,” says Carol Goland, executive director of the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA).

OEFFA is one of 60 plaintiffs represented by the Public Patent Foundation in a lawsuit filed March 30 against Monsanto challenging its patents on genetically modified seeds.

City Beat

Consider this case:

To add insult to injury, Monsanto has sued farmers in the United States and Canada when the firm’s patented genetic material has inadvertently contaminated their crops.

Percy Schmeiser, a Canadian farmer whose fields were contaminated with Monsanto’s Round-Up Ready Canola due to pollen drift, was sued by Monsanto in 1997 for patent infringement. Monsanto won the case in a 5-4 Supreme Court ruling.

City Beat

Monsanto is still the most evil company in the world. No amount of distracting wars and tsunamis should ever allow us to forget that.
Kudos to City Beat for a courageous article.
edit on 14/4/2011 by deltaalphanovember because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
After the Haiti earthquake Monsanto donated their seeds to the local farmers (a few tons of it).

The local farmers burnt the lot and told them to xxxx xxx.

This should be happening more.
Like the animal activists targeting farm factories in the night,
they should be destroying the seeds.

I also heard the glyphospate (spelling??) in their round-up
destroys the soil after a few years.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Actually this is interesting ... I wonder if Monsanto are going to try and market the Japanese a radiation-resistant seed.
Stranger things have ocurred.

edit on 14/4/2011 by deltaalphanovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I guess I really began to believe in evil when I read that they won their case against the farmers. It was Monsanto's seed that was tresspassing onto the farmers' fields, and to have the gall to sue the farmer and then be able to win it in court, well it only proved that money can buy so-called justice.

new topics

top topics

join