It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not exactly sure what to title this??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its more of just some random thoughts then anything else. I was sitting here this morning with my coffee, we went through some crazy storms last night here in Cherokee County Ga and I am enjoying a cup of coffee before I enter my backyard to pick up my knocked over stainless steel grill, patio furniture, swing set, children's toys, etc etc. Its my morning routine to make my cup of coffee after I get the kids to school and log onto ATS. I'll read some of the recent posts, some of the older posts, sometimes I have a specific topic I'm looking for to seek some added info. So of course, in the recent days like many of us, my mouse seeks out Japan. Aftershocks, Earthquakes, radiation, milk, water levels...radioactive water and amounts...all of those can basically be found on page 1 of recent topics. Which turns my thoughts to the past few years. 9/11, Katrina, Haiti, Gulf Oil disaster, millions of dead sea life, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Radiation, Iceland Volcano, Madrid, Superbug, HAARP, and as I think about all these things that have been posted over the last year, I then think about the cave system where our world is storing millions of seeds in case of world wide devastation. I think of our banks and economic situation, food prices soaring, gas prices soaring, unemployment, and more people than ever on government run programs...not because its the easy way out, but the only way to feed our children and have money. I think about how they are moving us to except higher gas prices and higher prices on food, and at the same time putting laws in place to keep us from being able to one day not have our own means to food. Example? fishing licenses, think about it..a homeless person could easily fish, have food..except they can't without a yearly renewed license, because after all, the government owns those lakes, rivers, and oceans. They want to make it to where you cannot have your own backyard garden and now we have a school in Chicago that has made a rule the children cannot bring their own lunch to school, but can only purchase a school lunch. Interesting. I then think of more oddly sinister things....FEMA. I'll be honest. I am unsure, I don't know if I believe all the things that we have concluded about FEMA. Yes, I know for a fact they have "camps" I've seen the one here in Ga that is not even an hour from me. I've seen the coffin liners and walked by them. I've seen the videos of other such empty camps and lines of coffin liners. I've read the news stories of the emergency food they have purchased and body bags to have on hand. My thoughts were always...well, they are FEMA. In cases of "emergency" they will "need" those things and its always great to be prepared. I mean, really, if we have a government program that is put in place for cases of emergencies, we of course want them to be prepared. But then I sit with my coffee and I think about the last year....
Iceland Volcano
Gulf Oil
Millions upon millions of dead fish
Dead birds that seem to fall out of the sky due to fireworks and car horns? sarcasm
Devastating earthquakes
Japan
Radiation, and yes..in drinking water and now in milk, which of course means...food supply
Economic break down
HAARP
FEMA
Camps
Coffin liners

I don't like it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What are they doing to our Nation?

We were once a great Country.

They sold out our jobs, our children, and our Constitution.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
How about, "A riot is an ugly thing and I think that it is just about time we had one!"

One of my favorite lines. . .

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I dropped out of college after 1 1/2 years because I did the simple math of the situation (more people graduating vs available jobs in the market) and came to the realization.... it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know, that's the only way to get ahead in this economy.
George Bush couldn't have been smarter than your average C student, he failed at running many companies his daddy gave him, and HE becomes president... TWICE! Nuff said.
edit on 12-4-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Great post with an interesting evaluation, it's scary too think about, but that doesn't make it any less real.

Good luck too everyone in America, I'm out in the UK.

I urge you all to stay away from the riots and protests, as this is what they want the people to do so they can use deadly force.

Stay away, for your childrens sakes.
edit on 12-4-2011 by ChildoftheAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You are 100 percent correct on that front! I'll tell you what, I am actually living that scenario! My husband nor I have an ounce of college education. He graduated high school, but due to family difficulties on my end, I did not. Long story short..I moved out at 16 in with my now husband, due to anger, my mother would not sign a permission paper for me to enter school in a different district under my husband's mother's guardianship. By the time I was 18 I already had a job paying me 30k a year at a used car dealership, with the ability to move up in the company to corporate. My husband had a job at the same dealership as their internet sales manager making 70k a year at the age of 23. We married when I was 19, bought our first house at the age of 20 for 150k and I had our first child a year later. He then opened up his own used car buy here pay here and we have done amazing ever since. We will have our 12 year anniversary on May 1st, still in our home, business going strong and 2 beautiful little girls ages 10 and 3. It all came down to who we knew! My husband knew the manager at the dealership, through there he made all kinds of connections that got us an amazing footing into a great start off for our own business. By the grace of God I have been able to be a stay at home mom for 10 years, and we've only had one scary period with money problems. We've never had credit cards, and instead built up our credit with personal loans and one account at rooms 2 go when they had that whole no payments for 2 years thing. The personal loans we used our car as collateral, and simply paid the loan back with the money from the loan itself.

The flip side of that coin...my husband's father who thinks my husband is just nothing for not going to college. He has been in college for 30 years! getting degree after degree and continuing education for his engineering business he has. They are in debt and he has tried to use our business more than once to generate some extra income for he and his "other" family. (Long story) I'm not boasting...I'm not, however, its a fact....my husband and I have no real financial difficulties...if our business shut down tomorrow, we have enough assets that we could liquidate them and have enough to pay cash for a small piece of property and a mobile home where we live...not the best of the best..but a roof is a roof. We know enough people that he and I could get jobs and babysitters if need be...again, not the best of the best...but..who is rich these days? and what does it matter? when I die..no one is going to care what kind of house, car or material things I had..what will be remembered is how caring of a daughter, mother and wife I was.

I am not in anyway knocking a college education..I really advocate for education..especially with my own daughters...but today? with the way the jobs and economy are? its not only a college education thats gets you through..it comes down to the people you know as well.

edit on 12-4-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

That's an inspiring success story. Everyone I know with student loans and degrees were making less than I was and are still looking for a "career" in their degree'd fields of study. There's probably 10 jobs available for every 1000 graduates (rough estimate), it might be worse than that by now, but regardless of the exact percentage, it still tells a story of the scam going on with a college education/debt. Student loan sharks are no joke either, they will come and take your only car if you default on payments, or any other valuable possession you own outright, credit card companies are no where close to as ruthless. It's a safer bet to take your chances in the job field without a student loan monkey on your backs. Then if you can't take your parents' pressuring anymore, go to college in your mid 20s with money saved up from working and eliminate the student loan debt slavery.

But the end result and best case scenarios are still bad.
I own my house and car outright, no mortgage or payments. Now if I just sit on my rear end and do nothing with those possessions, I accumulate debt in property taxes and registration fees alone.
Ownership = debt accumulation in the "American dream". If you own your homes outright, you have to maintain a steady income source to keep what you already own! Does anyone else find this a little "off"?
edit on 12-4-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I bring tidings of joy.
You can find comfort in the words of the newest prophet.
He foretold of the "New World Order".

Come join one of the fastest growing new religions in the world.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The first thing I learned is NEVER work for anyone.

This was foretold by my Elementary Teachers.

"He doesn't play well with others". (on my report cards)

If you are smart enough to post here.

You can run your own business.

new topics

top topics

join