It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EFF to San Francisco Entertainment Commission: Don't Turn SF into a Police State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

EFF to San Francisco Entertainment Commission: Don't Turn SF into a Police State

www.eff.org...

The EFF joined civil liberties and privacy groups in criticizing a proposal from the San Francisco Entertainment Commission that would require all venues with an occupancy of over 100 people to record the faces of all patrons and employees and scan their ID’s for storage in a database which they must hand over to law enforcement on request. If adopted, these rules would pose a grave threat to the rights of freedom of association, due process, and privacy in San Francisco.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2011.4.11 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Mandatory facial recognition at bars, nightclubs, concerts and other entertainment venues? If you're out having a beer with a friend, why does it need to go into a federal database? Sure, if you watch crime dramas on TV, it would seem like every bar or club has at least one drug kingpin sitting in the VIP area, but let's get real... who exactly are they trying to target here, and aren't they casting the net a bit too wide?

www.eff.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

what had we become Nazi Germany?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

San Fran is a bastion of liberalism. Need I say more?
2nd

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
San Fran is a bastion of liberalism. Need I say more?
Actually, if you could, that would help explain your stance, yes.

Are you saying this is a Republican and/or Conservative plot, thus targeting a city with a large homosexual nightlife?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

No sir. There are problems in the world. There is crime, there are issues that police and law enforcement face every day. A common solution that certain mind-sets seem to embrace is a more proactive government intervention. This is not a GOP issue. This is not a conservative issue. This is a knee-jerk reaction/solution to aspects of criminal activity.
San Fran is not a conservative area. I'd be surprized to find any conservative that thought this would be a good idea.
I would attribute this to a liberal "government knows best" approach to crime.

Just my humble opinion.
Regards,

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Nobody likes this Gay or straight,however the 9th circuit court will uphold it I'll bet.
Unless I am mistaken this is an economic control measure so they have more effective control over "have nots"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
At the same time San Fran is a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants.

I am having a really confused moment....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
From www.sfgov2.org...

Proposed Rules

These Conditions shall apply to all EC permitted events with an anticipated occupancy capacity of over one hundred (100) individuals.
  1. (a) Security personnel shall be provided in a ratio one (1) guard for every fifty (50) patrons. (b) A security supervisor shall be provided at a ratio of one (1) supervisor for every four (4) guards.
  2. All individuals entering the premises shall be scanned by a metal detector.
  3. All occupants of the premises shall be ID Scanned (including patrons, promoters, and performers, etc.). ID scanning data shall be maintained on a data storage system for no less than 15 days and shall be made available to local law enforcement upon request.
  4. High visibility cameras shall be located at each entrance and exit point of the premises. Said cameras shall maintain a recorded data base for no less than fifteen (15 days) and made available to local law enforcement upon request.
  5. The exterior of the premises shall be equipped with lighting of sufficient power to illuminate and make easily discernible the appearance and conduct of all persons on or about the premises. Additionally, the position of such lighting shall not disturb the normal privacy and use of any neighboring residences.
  6. The premises shall provide a Security Plan acceptable to the Chief of Police which includes a Security proposal and EC Best Practices, collectively referred to as a Security Plan.
  7. All Security personnel that protect life and/or property shall maintain a current and valid California Department of Consumer Affairs Guard Card and shall comply with all rules and regulations governing the Card.
  8. At all times the premises is open to the public a readily identifiable Manager employed by the EC permit holder shall be on-site.
  9. All Federal, State, and Local permits, required posting, including but not limited to occupancy, shall be posted in a conspicuous location clearly visibly to the public. Said permits shall be maintained valid and current.

And here's the site for the Entertainment Commission.

Somehow I don't think their Shakespeare in the Park patrons are going to want to go through a metal detector and have their IDs scanned and put on record.
edit on 2011.4.12 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Its San Francisco.. Its already a Police state.. From banning sugary drinks, to happymeals, to plastic bags..... Police are forbidden from cooperating with Federal Agencies on several topics, including immigration violations, even though the sanctuary city status has already resulted in people being killed by illegals.

The bastion of Nancy Pelosi... go figure.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I have lived in San Francisco for most of my adult life. Its not the City it used to be. No one can afford to live here who isn't rich. Even the people who have owned their homes here for 30 years can't afford to live here anymore because EVERYTHING is expensive. And there are not as many liberals here as many of you seem to think. The average age in SF is 37 and 31% make over 100K a year. Its rare to meet someone who is a lifelong San Francisco resident. So I, personally, think this has more to do with conservative influence than liberal influence. Fifteen years ago they would have been run out of town if they tried something like this. This city use to be a haven for young liberals, no so anymore. The days are long gone when 20 year old can move here with a few hundred bucks in his pocket, like I did, and make a life. Its really really sad.

And yes, Nancy Pelosi does have a home here, a huge freakin mulitmillion dollar home but I doubt she is ever here long enough to find out whats going on here, if she even cares.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

what had we become Nazi Germany?

This isn't surprising, the original Nazi's where gay/bi-sexual.....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AllInMyHead

It does not have to do with how many liberals live there, but more to do with how many liberals are on city council / city government who make these dumb ass laws. Its so expensive because the city government is more concerned with running the lives of the people who live in the city, instead of the city itself.

The simple fact its a sanctuary city should be enough to permanently halt any and all federal funding / aid / projects etc.

new topics

top topics

join