It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Find the Mods Responsible for a Certain Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The title pretty much says it all. There used to be a list of mods on the bottom of a thread that tells you who are responsible to moderate this forum/thread.

I would like to find the forum moderators who are supervising certain forums.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I needed to get writer status to post on the collaborative writing forum, so i just went into the forum, and the mods posts were the first few listed, they explain the criteria of the forum.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

If there are problems with a specific post, use the alert/complaint feature for that post and a thread will be opened in the Mod forum visible for all the responsible Mods. There is a list of all the Super Moderators, and Moderators on the bottom left of the "Forums" page. If you need to send a personal message, I would suggest sending it to any of the Super Mods. They can answer your questions or help you in any forum.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There used to be a system where certain moderaters were asigned. Probably because that was their field of interest or because they were specialized I don't know. It is a good thing when you can ask a question to a mod without asking the politics guy first instead of the religious or UFO guy.

Are there plans or maybe an explanation about or around the way you guys handle stuff.
I mean not every question is a complaint or suggestion. Some just want to ask something forum related at a mod that knows what he is talking about.

PS
This was not a complaint.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

We're still assigned certain forums, it is only the list that is gone, and i'm not sure why. Some features went away because they were causing site lag, and others just went away, lol! The Super Moderators have power in every forum, but the forum moderators have specific assignments. When an alert or complaint goes up, it opens a thread in the moderators forum, and any moderator can contribute their opinion before an action is taken. Therefore, someone really could ask any moderator any question, because we are all familiar with all the forums.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ok fair enough. It has become a group thing. I can live with that. Maybe even a better way to do it even.

edit on 4/11/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

i find all of that quite interesting.

is there an area that explains more of the behind the scenes?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Yes the area is known as the Fiction Section

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

That is a list of all the threads that we use and refer to when moderating. Especially the Terms and Conditions link. It doesn't really explain the behind the scenes, but it is the reference that we all go to when we need to issue a warning, or a reminder, or when we need to check the official opinion on a certain subject.

For more description of behind the scenes, it is mostly like the regular forums, where the Mods can pose a question and get the other Mods opinions before taking any action. If a common problem is coming up, then Admins or Owners might stop by and issue a directive, or suggest a new forum, etc.

top topics

join