It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joy in Ramallah over capture of U.S. soldiers..'Oh Saddam, we love you, annihilate a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

TROUBLE IN THE HOLY LAND
Joy in Ramallah over capture
of U.S. soldiers
'Oh Saddam, we love you, why don't you annihilate all the Jews'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 24, 2003
6:55 p.m. Eastern

� 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Palestinians in Ramallah are celebrating Iraq's capture of American and British soldiers.

A policeman at Yasser Arafat's battered headquarters today said the news made it a "big day for the Iraqi people and all the Arabs and Muslim," the Jerusalem Post reported.

"Everyone here was happy ... to see pictures of American soldiers in Iraqi custody," the officer said. "This is a big blow for Bush and Blair. I don't believe they will be able to continue with the war now that many of their soldiers are being killed or taken prisoner."

The Post said one of the policeman's colleagues in Arafat's presidential guard, Force 17, said the news made him so happy that "I felt like kissing all the people around me."

"Saddam has once again proven that he is a great leader, a defender of Arab rights," he said. "His men are brave. They have been able to teach the American and British dogs an unforgettable lesson."

The Iraqis, he said, "are much better at war because they have more experience."

"The American and British soldiers are cowards and spoiled kids," the Force 17 officer said.

'Oh beloved Saddam, bomb Tel Aviv'

The Jerusalem paper described the mood in central Ramallah's Manarah Square as euphoric.

[Edited on 25-3-2003 by Never Sleeps]

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
That is the normal act from them because USA is allways supporting Israil to kill them.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"Everyone here was happy ... to see pictures of American soldiers in Iraqi custody," the officer said. "This is a big blow for Bush and Blair. I don't believe they will be able to continue with the war now that many of their soldiers are being killed or taken prisoner."

I think the speaker is mathematically challenged. Since when are 7 POWs, considered MANY in warfare???

I suppose the same speaker would consider the 3000 Iraqi POWs, just a FEW???

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes, but when the US military are meant to be invincible, 7 POW's seems like quite a lot...

I thought we were expecting to see 100 000's of prisoners by now anyway. 3000 does seem like a small number compared to an army which is around 400K stong.

Anyway, the US is not popular in any part of the Middle East at the moment (with the possible exception of Kuwait, and the definite exception of Israel).

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
But if people weren't expecting casualties and POWs...they are living in a dreamworld. This isn't the first Gulf War...this is a completely different battle with different objectives, and it requires a different approach and conventional warfare. I think that many were prepared for these kinds of things...many that is, except the media it seems...

*goes off looking for the Spin Doctors that still seem to be on vacation*

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I know Gazrok, but the US exude the impression that they are invincible. Or at least that's what the rest of the world sees. So 7 POW's seems significant (even if it was predictable). To be honest, the capturing of the 5 maintenance staff was a total cockup in terms of military planning... but I guess that'll become more obvious in hindsight.

Remember that Basra wasn't listed as a military objective until today.

This article has some interesting analysis of what's going on in Basra...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Including this quote from 18th March in the NYTimes...

"Military and allied officials familiar with the planning of the upcoming campaign say they hope that a successful and 'benign' occupation of Basra that results in flag-waving crowds hugging British and American soldiers will create an immediate and positive image worldwide while also undermining Iraqi resistance elsewhere."

Well, if the officials said that, then something's not going according to plan...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You're in a vehicle, in the desert, at night, can't see your hand in front of your face...you're going strictly by limited night vision, and gps. Anything goes wrong with that gps, and it's pretty easy to make a wrong turn... Such things will happen, war isn't full-proof. I certainly don't believe that the entire war plan is now null and void, just because a vehicle takes a wrong turn.

The media is really blowing things out of proportion here...our losses to date have been staggering low. If you were to tell a WW2 commander our current losses, his jaw would hit the floor...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well is just propaganda, i won�t say that
arabs are not happy for it, and i don�t support
atrocities neither, but i can understand their point,
they are getting raped by israel , and USA agrees
with israel. What do you think they are gonna do???
Getting bombed from NATO, Allies and USA????
Do u think they are gonna celebrate it????
They don�t love saddam, he is another animal...
They just want that to end, but it won�t end
if the world doesn�t listen to the atrocities that
are happening in Palestina everyday.
i see that reaction from them normal.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oh spare us all the same boring story. You're probably the same person who said that the Palestinians were justified dancing in the streets on Sept. 11th because 3,000 evil Americans who support the Satanic Israelis who don't like when their kids get blown up in pizza stores...

Give me a break man, NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS, saddam hussein is clearly a raging homicidal maniac, and his forces have been proven to be cruel in their treatment of POWs. For ANYONE to celebrate another human being getting put into that situation is sick.

So is justifying them.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
6 months from now they will be complaining - again - that the americans don't help them and wanting handouts and political favors.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Stop the corruption.

new topics

top topics

join