It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting Amongst Ourselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I came here for information, and to be quite honest I have gotten more than I ever dreamed.
Which brings me to my point.
If we spent half the time we spend arguing amongst each other (be it politics or my country is better than yours) on research, then we could be the ones to break the big secrets to the world.
Just a thought but isn't it about time for a peace treaty, I mean after all, aren't we here to expose and not to put others down.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is not about proving things. This is not claiming certian rights and opinions. It is about expressing these things, not defining them. We are here discuss, not argue. In fact many are here just to learn. So for them, it can be hard to get any learning done when no one will even listen to one another. It seems as if, everyone is a propagandist. I know I am, I just don't expect everyone else to be. I preach good will and humanity, but I live in a world where those things are unpatriotic.

I think this patriotic crusade has gone too far. The people who promote it and the people who react to it are only splitting this nation even more and more than it already is. Do we really want to start persecuted our brethren over selfish and opinionated differences??? Do we not have enough, people in detention???? Is our jail system not overloaded already???

I think the American people need to stop lookin at one another like hawks. This is going to lead to bad results for our children. Gun violence in this country is out of control. New York today has more gun deaths than it did before the attacks their in 2001. The children of this country, being aware of their abilty to get weapons and use them because of the overt use of them in this country, will be even more likely to end up using them on their own brethren and countrymen, out of fear or hate or even vilgilante justice. We as men and women on the internet are no different from haters on the street who kill, when we persecute our brethren for their beliefs or their views. Stop the Crusade.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i know i'm not free of gettin into stuff with others, but i know when to backdown i think. and i belive that if we all worked together on research and topics that are somewhat important, then many discoveries could be made. who knows, we could do somethin big too? fighting amongst ourselves will get us nowhere farther than has congress gotten america. i think that everyone here should set aside any differences, and just do. i don't know what we'll do though.

new topics

join