It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Records of Jesus trial from Pontius Pilot himself

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
How did this thread even get on the first page? The last posters time stamp was made april 12th

Either way, interesting read... typical bible bashing... it might be true who knows, but still this guy is missing the point, just like most people do.

The fact is it doesn't matter if this is authentic.

It doesn't matter if Jesus didn't actually exist.

It doesn't matter if Jesus was actually a pirate or an alien... He could have been a pink elephant, it still doesn't matter.

What does matter (REGARDLESS OF WHERE IT CAME FROM!!) is the message in the book.

Love your fellow man as you love yourself... in that you also love God as yourself.

Open your eyes people...

Love is the path...

And you don't need a book to see that truth.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

how odd that the author of the article thinks "christians" hate jews, as a whole. this is so confusing. on one side you have people yelling and shouting about christians being zionists and protectors of israeli interests, and on the other, christians being nazis and haters of israelis and their interests. could it be that historically, christians, just like any other sector of the population, are individuals who all have their own take on the past? is it possible?
me wonders.

Yes, Undo, I think that's the nub of the issue... Some people don't get that Christians are individuals, people who have their own take on the past - and the present!
V

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
'Oh, what great Riches this Christ Fable hath brought to us. Yea, it hath served our Purposes very well indeed... '

-- Pope Leo X (1475 - 1521) [aka Giovanni Lorenzo di Medici]

Kind of says it all, doesn't it?

No, it actually says nothing, as this "startling quote" has been proven false. The atheist hero Dawkins, and his buddies got egg over their smug shining faces with it...

V

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Can you actually PROVE that Pope Leo X did NOT say (albeit in Italian...) how 'that Myth of Christ was very profitable for us '?

Or are you just one of those 'blind faith believers' that walks around claiming jejune sentiments e.g. 'the holy father couldn't possibly have said such a thing...'

If so, I suggest you check out a book called In God's Name by the independent investigative reporter David Yallop

www.amazon.com...

It might come as quite a shock to you to discover what REALLY goes on in the very top echelons of the Roman Catholic 'Church'...(!) or the very top echelons of the Masons, for that matter....as they say, 'Power Corrupts, and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely...' !!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Can you actually PROVE that Pope Leo X did NOT say (albeit in Italian...) how 'that Myth of Christ was very profitable for us '

I googled the phrase, and no not right now, I can't. But I have read about it before and seen that it's a deliberate misinterpretation, that all the professional atheists leapt on with glee.
You use David Yallop's book as a source? Ma dai!

V

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Hi Vic-

Despite his 'sensationalist' patina, you'd be quite Shocked & Awed (as I was) to find out just how much factual truth David Yallop has (somehow) managed to uncover wiothin the upper echelon of the Vatican in the 1970s and 1980s - - that is, when I bothered to take the time to followup and check his facts - and these began to be corroborated 1,2,3 right down the line - in terms of names, dates and events - especially pertaining to the upper ranks of the European and British Masons as well as P2...

So be careful about your smear campaign until you've researched this subject a little more in depth - but better sit down first, you're in for a bumpy ride !!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think this whole thing really threatens the Catholic church. A lot of things did, da vinci's code, but still... there she stands in Vatican City

edit on 17-6-2011 by MurderMyLove because: spelling error

edit on 17-6-2011 by MurderMyLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Kendrick himself refuses to reveal how he got a copy. "Let's just say, don’t bet against its authenticity," he said.

Oh, so were supposed to "trust" him? So he hates the bible lying and saying to trust it but he does the same? It is a bit suspicious as to how he would get this document, and so just saying "trust me" is not very trustworthy.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

Can you actually PROVE that Pope Leo X did NOT say (albeit in Italian...) how 'that Myth of Christ was very profitable for us '?

Or are you just one of those 'blind faith believers' that walks around claiming jejune sentiments e.g. 'the holy father couldn't possibly have said such a thing...'

It's sort of odd that you are asking for proof that something didn't happen as opposed to providing proof that it did. To follow that up with a discussion of 'blind faith believers' is a bit ironic, wouldn't you say? I mean, considering that you seem to accept a claim that fits your particular viewpoint without any sourcing would seem to fit the description of a blind faith believer pretty well.

Can you please let us know when Pope Leo said this, to whom it was said, where it was recorded and in what context it was said?

If not, I believe that we can draw our own conclusions about who is a blind faith believer.

Thanks,

Eric

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join