It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Records of Jesus trial from Pontius Pilot himself

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just found this article from November 2007.

Exposing bible error is nothing new to Kendrick. "For years now, I’ve been uncovering one thing foul after another. Layer after layer of it," he said. "If you look at it straight up, the new testament turns out to be a giant stack of pro-imperial liabels, jewish scapegoatings, and slave/child sing-alongs- you know, "hold on I'm comin" stuff. "Textual fiddles and jiggerroos... snatches of hellenic mystic smells and bells... visions of bottom-rail-on-top paybacks... a kingdom come under complete Skyprince- goodness type auspices with the special categorical toil and suffer 'til then, or 'til death, whichever comes first. Obey orders from the Saviour, zip up, work hard, render on to... oh, and, of course, rejoice at the eternal future I’ve provided you.
"That and very little more," said Kendrick. "That's all the gospel offers."

Until recently, Kendrick says, his work had been restricted to the second, third, and fourth century overlays. "I spent 12 years peeling away the grotesque overpainting and touch-ups of the original first century stories we like to call the gospels.

www.jesusreview.com...

He says that he has a copy of the actual document from the Vatican.
Pilots own record of the Trial of Jesus and 11 apostles, who
were all crucified and left to rot.

Has anyone else heard about this.
Is this what Holy Blood Holy Grail was on about,
secret documents suppressed for centuries that don't look too good?

The article is an interesting read,
it says a lot more than just this.

David Grouchy

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

how odd that the author of the article thinks "christians" hate jews, as a whole. this is so confusing. on one side you have people yelling and shouting about christians being zionists and protectors of israeli interests, and on the other, christians being nazis and haters of israelis and their interests. could it be that historically, christians, just like any other sector of the population, are individuals who all have their own take on the past? is it possible?
me wonders.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I found this article fascinating and very believable.

Christians aren't generally known for their tolerance of historical fact, so it is truly refreshing to see an impassioned scholar pointing out the hard-core realities of the Roman Imperial State.

Many aspects mentioned in this article also mesh with other repressed information I've read from other sources: like Jesus' twin brother James taking over at a later time (Holy Blood, Holy Grail) as well as the completely natural conception of Yeshua Ben Josef at a time of complete domination of the known world by the Roman Empire.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

there's definitely some history in that article, but how much is hard to say.

a google search of the name Eddie Kendrick only shows this article (other than a bunch of mismatches)

so there's really no other reference to his work that i was able to find, throwing his authenticity into question.

interesting read though
edit on 8-4-2011 by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O. because: over googling

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow, talk about a death blow to Christianity!

Great find, S&F!

This guy has clearly done the research, and if you read the article, the points he makes can not be ignored.

I would like to see his concrete evidence before I make a decision one way or another, but if I'm understanding what he is saying, he's basically saying Jesus was the biggest "opponent" of the Roman's and was vocal. He also says that Jesus was not the Son of God because he admitted during his trial that he was of ROMAN descent, claiming his Mother was raped.... interesting.... was it a ploy to get out of trouble? Not likely since he plead guilty in a very vocal manner.

If the trial was in fact recorded in writing, and there is witness to Jesus claiming he is a Roman-Jew, it would destroy the Church. The writer is claiming, in a sense, that Jesus was idolized by the people he was fighting FOR, and as such, they made him into a hero or martyr and I can easily see how this could have evolved into being the savior for all of mankind. He started as a household name for those who were oppressed, and as the movement towards freedom grew, Jesus was the name that everyone was reminded of. Once the Romans realized that the movement was growing to a point that they could not control, they "re-made" Jesus into their spokesman and re-wrote history as a result. WOW.

It's a very interesting idea, and has a lot of credit behind it. I'm sure there will be a lot of Christians to present evidence of the contrary, but that is what I'd like to see. It would be great to see the writer of the article call out the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church into a debate with his evidence.

~Namaste
edit on 8-4-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So where is the photograph of this supposed document? I honestly don't believe he has it. I think he's making up bunk.

His claims that the document says the 11 apostles were crucified along with Jesus does not correlate to other documents too well. And I think we could possibly even prove that they were not all executed at the same exact time by providing evidence of them writing things or visiting places on later dates after 32-33 AD.

This is just a theory though and a suggestion that we should research this in depth before we accept this guy's claims as possibly even true.

Also, if you read the way this guy talks about the Bible you will realize he is Bias. He hates the religion so much, and hates the doctrines of it so much, he will just rant and rant and rant about how bad it is. This is him showing his bias and excludes him from being a neutral historian.

He needs to provide photographs of the document and photographs of the documentation accompanying the document to prove that it is legit and that it is indeed from the Vatican. Also any further information would be appreciated as well to further garner verification for the claims being made.

But this guy really needs to keep his anti-religion rants out of it. They don't even make much sense he just throws a bunch of verbs and adjectives into a paragraph in a frenzy to attack attack attack.
edit on 8-4-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeah I keep searching for it and I just cannot seem to find any actual PHOTOGRAPHS of the real document he claims he got this info from.

Why no Photo? A document this ground shattering and this massive calls for a friggen photograph cmon!!!!

This guy is lying to everyone. I feel safe saying that.

It's like claiming to have "evidence of aliens" but refusing to take photos or share it with anyone.

Bunk!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

generally known?
are we still dealing in absolutes ? if the problem is that some people tend toward prejudice against people who don't share the same ideology, why further complicate and exacerbate the problem by stereotyping entire sectors of the populace based on what a few people have done, most of which happened 100's if not 1000's of years ago?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

I had been aware that the whole virgin birth thing was a later add, and that the earlier Bibles made little pretense of Joseph not being his actual father. I also understood that in the earlier lines of though he became the son of God at baptism, not by birth. So the idea of him being mortal certainly doesnt surprise me.

But, the idea he might have been the product of a rape by a Roman does. Very interesting. I sure wish we had been able to get some genetic material out of those burial containers they found in Israel. You could actually check to see if the remains that might be Jesus' had some Roman admixture genetically. It could offer insight into the veracity of BOTH finds if it did.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Great find, S&F!

This guy has clearly done the research, and if you read the article, the points he makes can not be ignored.

I would like to see his concrete evidence before I make a decision one way or another, but if I'm understanding what he is saying, he's basically saying Jesus was the biggest "opponent" of the Roman's and was vocal. He also says that Jesus was not the Son of God because he admitted during his trial that he was of ROMAN descent, claiming his Mother was raped.... interesting.... was it a ploy to get out of trouble? Not likely since he plead guilty in a very vocal manner.

If the trial was in fact recorded in writing, and there is witness to Jesus claiming he is a Roman-Jew, it would destroy the Church. The writer is claiming, in a sense, that Jesus was idolized by the people he was fighting FOR, and as such, they made him into a hero or martyr and I can easily see how this could have evolved into being the savior for all of mankind. He started as a household name for those who were oppressed, and as the movement towards freedom grew, Jesus was the name that everyone was reminded of. Once the Romans realized that the movement was growing to a point that they could not control, they "re-made" Jesus into their spokesman and re-wrote history as a result. WOW.

It's a very interesting idea, and has a lot of credit behind it. I'm sure there will be a lot of Christians to present evidence of the contrary, but that is what I'd like to see. It would be great to see the writer of the article call out the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church into a debate with his evidence.

~Namaste

This is what I have been trying to tell everyone! LOL.

You guys really should give secret societies a try, at least to see what lies on the other side of the door. You meet the most interesting people and learn the most fascinating things, if you can just keep a secret.

Does everyone know that the Catholic Priesthood is a secret society? Oh the secrets they keep...

Tick tock tick tock...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

You guys really should give secret societies a try, at least to see what lies on the other side of the door. You meet the most interesting people and learn the most fascinating things, if you can just keep a secret.

Does everyone know that the Catholic Priesthood is a secret society? Oh the secrets they keep...

Tick tock tick tock...

Share, brother. We all have different talents, skills, interests, etc., and if yours is evaluating and studying secret societies, share. Its impossible for each of us in moral form to be everything, so dont hint and be cryptic, give us the benefit of YOUR talent.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

~Namaste

What research has this hack done? I see no evidence of any research at all. None.

Let's take a look at this objectively. He has a document that he won't release or provide copies or photos of. This document was, he claims, owned by the Vatican. So, he won't explain how he got it, won't show it, hasn't provided copies of it and yet expects people to believe that it exists. This purported document offers purported evidence that is contrary to what is widely believed and yet no one else has seen it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Here there is not only a lack of extraordinary proof, there is no proof or evidence at all.

He also claims that Paul (Saul) was a Roman infiltrator. Evidence? None.

He claims that the Jesus that we know from the Gospels is a fourth century concoction by the Roman state and specifically references traits such as forgiveness and loving your neighbor. He seems horribly ignorant of the fact that there are extant samples of the Gospels that predate the fourth century that extol those virtues.

He implies that the apostles were killed with Jesus and offers no explanation for who those people were that went out to spread Christianity that everyone thought were the apostles. Were they more imposters? If so, it seems very strange that they weren't outed and confronted by their contemporaries, especially as their roles were so huge and well publicized.

This article ridiculous and insulting to anyone capable of critical thought. It's a joke and so is the author.

Eric

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I remember reading about this a few years back on another site.

Kendrick is along the lines of authors like Tony Bushby. Claims to have a lot of 'secret' and 'exclusive' information that will 'blow the lid off of the Christian religion' but he never produces the goods.

His sources are always secret, he does not present copies of the documents he claims to have, he makes claims that are debunked by other scholars, etc. When pressed, he will offer specific citations on where to confirm his research. You then look it up and no such references exists in the work he cited.

And not to nit pick here, but it sure is odd how Kendrick always refers to Pilate as 'Pilot.' Just more examples from his shoddy knowledge. I would think if he had direct access as he claims, he would get the name right, no?

The 'rape by a Roman soldier' has also been around for years. It was a rumor even back in the era of early Christianity and a lot of religious conspiracy authors dig it up from time to time.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Share, brother. We all have different talents, skills, interests, etc., and if yours is evaluating and studying secret societies, share. Its impossible for each of us in moral form to be everything, so dont hint and be cryptic, give us the benefit of YOUR talent.

I have been sharing my friend. Ever since I came to this forum I have been sharing what I can.

Some things none will believe until THEY have explored for themselves.

Exploration is not possible when one is firmly fixed on their preconceived ideas. To learn, sometimes one must completely and utterly forget, then start over.

I hate to be cryptic my friend. So let me think on the matter and see if a way of sharing more comes to me.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

~Namaste

What research has this hack done? I see no evidence of any research at all. None.

Let's take a look at this objectively. He has a document that he won't release or provide copies or photos of. This document was, he claims, owned by the Vatican. So, he won't explain how he got it, won't show it, hasn't provided copies of it and yet expects people to believe that it exists. This purported document offers purported evidence that is contrary to what is widely believed and yet no one else has seen it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Here there is not only a lack of extraordinary proof, there is no proof or evidence at all.

He also claims that Paul (Saul) was a Roman infiltrator. Evidence? None.

He claims that the Jesus that we know from the Gospels is a fourth century concoction by the Roman state and specifically references traits such as forgiveness and loving your neighbor. He seems horribly ignorant of the fact that there are extant samples of the Gospels that predate the fourth century that extol those virtues.

He implies that the apostles were killed with Jesus and offers no explanation for who those people were that went out to spread Christianity that everyone thought were the apostles. Were they more imposters? If so, it seems very strange that they weren't outed and confronted by their contemporaries, especially as their roles were so huge and well publicized.

This article ridiculous and insulting to anyone capable of critical thought. It's a joke and so is the author.

Eric

Wow, I really don't have anything at all to add to that, lol! It is funny to me how someone can half ass their "research", toss it out there and people just eat it up without questioning anything at all. It's actually quite scary.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yeah I keep searching for it and I just cannot seem to find any actual PHOTOGRAPHS of the real document he claims he got this info from.

Why no Photo? A document this ground shattering and this massive calls for a friggen photograph cmon!!!!

This guy is lying to everyone. I feel safe saying that.

It's like claiming to have "evidence of aliens" but refusing to take photos or share it with anyone.

Bunk!!!

We're also to believe that the Vatican of all places would be holding onto such a document.
"Hey Cardinal Pius",
"Yeah Cardinal John?"
"What do we do with these documents that prove we're full of BS?"
"Well I say we should keep them because we want to come across to future researchers as Fair and Balanced"
"Ok then, I'll file them in a section called The Stuff We Don't Want the World to Know, But Feel Free to Come And Read It".
edit on 8-4-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
We're also to believe that the Vatican of all places would be holding onto such a document.
"Hey Cardinal Pius",
"Yeah Cardinal John?"
"Well I say we should keep them because we want to come across to future researchers as Fair and Balanced"
"Ok then, I'll file them in a section called The Stuff We Don't Want the World to Know, But Feel Free to Come And Read It".

If you were an organisation hell bent on destroying mankind, then yes, you would destroy the evidence. However, if you sincerely believed you were doing what is best for mankind as a whole, then you WOULD hold the full record of all your works.

Mock the Catholic Church all you want, but we would not be where we are today without them. Someone had to guide mankind from a loose collection of tribes into a united world exploring the stars. Yes, attrocities were committed along the way. There are incredibly dark moments in the Churches history, and the history of man. We are here now, and facing the very darkest moment in our history. It is always darkest before the dawn.

The RCC is nothing but a mask of the Roman Empire and it's hands are in EVERYTHING. The plan that they have concocted is not secret. It is in your hands if you have a Bible. Read Revelations. It is all laid out for you and it is now taking place, not by chance, but by design.

The Empire is the Beast and it is up to us to throw it down. The temperature on the kettle will get hotter and hotter until the frog can take it no more and jumps out for it's life.

Remember, Caesar left everything to the people when he was taken down. The conspirators snatched it back up. It is up to the people to TAKE their freedom back, and the treasure that belongs to all.

It is up to the people to take down Caesar once more.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Why would that be so hard to believe? Serial killers often take trophies, the evidence of corporate crime is often found in their own books, people keep receipts and things that betray their affairs to their wives, etc. It seems to be a human leaning to want to keep evidence of your own "secret" behavior when good sense WOULD dictate you destroy it.

Since when have human beings behaved rationally?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

It would be so hard to believe because you are talking about an institution with revolving terrestrial leadership over 2000 years. You don't think ONE of those people would be like 'whoa, we better get rid of this'?

Eric

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by primus2012
"Hey Cardinal Pius",
"Yeah Cardinal John?"

If you were an organisation hell bent on destroying mankind, then yes, you would destroy the evidence. However, if you sincerely believed you were doing what is best for mankind as a whole, then you WOULD hold the full record of all your works.

Mock the Catholic Church all you want, but we would not be where we are today without them. Someone had to guide mankind from a loose collection of tribes into a united world exploring the stars. Yes, attrocities were committed along the way. There are incredibly dark moments in the Churches history, and the history of man. We are here now, and facing the very darkest moment in our history. It is always darkest before the dawn.

The RCC is nothing but a mask of the Roman Empire and it's hands are in EVERYTHING. The plan that they have concocted is not secret. It is in your hands if you have a Bible. Read Revelations. It is all laid out for you and it is now taking place, not by chance, but by design.

The Empire is the Beast and it is up to us to throw it down. The temperature on the kettle will get hotter and hotter until the frog can take it no more and jumps out for it's life.

Remember, Caesar left everything to the people when he was taken down. The conspirators snatched it back up. It is up to the people to TAKE their freedom back, and the treasure that belongs to all.

It is up to the people to take down Caesar once more.

With Love,

Your Brother

I wasn't mocking the church; twas directed at the guy who found the Pilate (or Pilot as the op spells it) records in the Vatican vault.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join