It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Shut the sucker down," one yelled, and the crowd repeatedly chanted, "Shut it down."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hundreds of demonstrators were rallying outside the Capitol - some calling for budget cuts and a potential shutdown. ‘Shut the sucker down,’ one yelled. ‘Shut it down.’

Does this mean the troops can all finally go home now?
edit on 7-4-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hundreds of demonstrators were rallying outside the Capitol - some calling for budget cuts and a potential shutdown. ‘Shut the sucker down,’ one yelled. ‘Shut it down.’

Does this mean the troops can all finally go home now?
edit on 7-4-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

LOL yea bringem home screwit. While the gub shuts down over the weekend I officially declare soldier holidays. Put down the rifles and go drink a beer. Thats an order. hahaha

Sigh.. I joke when I shouldn't, I know.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
They yell it, until they realize there tax returns will be delayed for some time.

2nd

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Shut what down?

The little town that is not a state?

The little area that really is not part of the 50 governed but calls all the shots?

I say burn it down like the Canadians back in the day.

From the ashes will rise a new nation that has no choice but to be better than USA (sponsored by McDonalds)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

What a bunch of morons.

But hey, they'll be crying when the FEMA trains come for them!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by john124

Shut what down?

The little town that is not a state?

The little area that really is not part of the 50 governed but calls all the shots?

I say burn it down like the Canadians back in the day.

From the ashes will rise a new nation that has no choice but to be better than USA (sponsored by McDonalds)

rofl you bastage, good one.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

No no.. conservatives like me file the instant we can. We simply cannot stand knowing the corrupt government is holding our Dollars longer than possible. If any of those Conservatives haven't gotten their tax returns yet a week before they are due then they fail as Conservatives and should cross the line to Liberal.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If the shut down will hurt americans by delaying benefits or losing pay then I say don't shut the government down just try to work out a solution.
The government is acting like children. When I was a kid if I did not get my way I would tell my friend to go home or I am going home. Similair concept!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The problem isnt that there going to shut it down,,,,,,,,,

The problem is there going to start it back up again.......

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The funny... or not so funny thing is that they are arguing over a 33 million vs 60 something mil difference....when our annual budget is something like 1.4 Trillion last time I heard? Thats like spouses arguing over $100 worth of bills they want to negotiate over a month.

I say, shut it down. I'm sick and tired of their stupid deceptions.
edit on 7-4-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's the dumb ass liberals who are trying to pin this shut down on the republicans just to gain some momentum for the election next year. Sorry B.O. And company. We see through your shenanigrious charade! Long live the tea party!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think its a chinese plot to shut down the government by not lending it any more money.
and they are just buying time till the right moment. I dont think it is dawning on most people.
but right before WWII our economy did what it is doing right now. almost identical -
and with Wesley Clarks testimony about the different countries we are going to

attack

save from genocide, freeing the Arabs from our Tyrants...
I find the Plot interesting to say the least - especially since we are pointing things at the
Russians... Why ? I wonder... why are the Russians our Friends and then they are our enemies
... anyway, I dont see Russian Circling America - but I see NATO circling Russia...
we have China Addicted to oil now. I think when we go into Syria - Iran will do something and then
Russia will attack us - right out of the blue, just like the Japs - in 1941. all over again... history is
repeating with different players ...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is what happens when Democrats have too much power. This budget was due since October 2010, when Dems had the House, Senate and the White House. We have been running on continuing resolutions since. Democrats can't make tough decisions. Shut down the government until they can.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

its impossible to be politically correct and efficient at the same time it seems.

Ex

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Does that mean we can't print anymore money to cover our debts??

I just read somewhere that if every household gave 100 % in taxes..
we still would be in the $hitter!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
NO military personell do not get time off for this, nor will they be coming home from overseas.
I have many family members that are very upset at our reps for failing to do this menial task, All but one of them is active duty enlisted personell and are required to report to duty, they will be paid until the 17th but after that...The one who main job is clerical work will not be able to return to work and will not get paid....
Tax checks wont go out but Obama will still get paid...
My fathers military retirement check wont get sent, but the senators will still get paid...
issues about medicare/aide and other government funded social programs have been unresolved but the representatives will still get paid, and all for not doing the job they are getting paid to do.
Not one of them will feel any effects from a "shutdown" but millions around the nation will be hurting more than they already are.
Meanwhile all our tax money being collected is going where?
All these jobs our president touts he has created will be nothing compared to the effects the people will feel if/when they are not allowed to work(or not being payed for it.
Meanwhile it WILL BE business as usual for these corrupt thieves.
This is sickening, but what is more sickening is that not nearly of us (Americans) will stand up and make it known that we are not happy about this, not nearly enough will stand up and take thier lives back.
When this all blows over and one person or another claims a political victory to get a vote the sheep will vote and life will go on again and in a few months 320 million people will crawl back to thier jobs and thier televisions and thier cigarettes and thier lattes and they will thank thier reps and senators for what they do
GOD BLESS AMERICA

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
It's the dumb ass liberals who are trying to pin this shut down on the republicans just to gain some momentum for the election next year. Sorry B.O. And company. We see through your shenanigrious charade! Long live the tea party!!!!!!

Is it the Dems turn to be the bad guy in this ongoing scripted soap opera that the two headed beast plays out to fool the ignorent? When is America going to grow TF up and see it for what it is..........they both play their parts.......then laugh behind closed doors at how stupid we are to believe what is more and more becoming obvious to all but the most brainwashed. THAT THEY ARE BOTH ON THE SAME TEAM.

They take turns being the bad guy while both sides talk about thier differences.....but when elected they both push the same agenda. I cant tell ONE BIT of difference between Obama and Bush.....The Reps or the Dems. Watch HOW THEY VOTE.........not what they say.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Monday will be a very quiet day where I work. Most military here would be considered non-essential, civilians will be no where to be found. But we will all show up and do our jobs. Pay checks are nice, but duty is paramount.
I wonder if my landlord will take an IOU from Obama for the rent?

new topics

top topics

join