It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music the key to Enlightenment!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Music is the key to understanding enlightenment. Each of us is our own frequency. Each of us has our own range of frequency with an upper and lower boundry and a center point. There are an infinate number of points in between our upper and lower ranges. Sometimes we get stuck at a point or at the center point and thusly play the same note over and over again. We become stuck like a needle stuck in a groove of a old 33 record and so the song stops. The story ends in mid sentence. We become black and white in our mentality. We believe the matrix, the illusion, we become stagnant and we are stuck in a, the trains must run on time mentality.

But the song must go on, and the Cosmic Symphony must be played for this is how creation works. This is by Divine decree. The Cosmic Conductor directs this symphony and some of us have been faking it and not playing. So when you realize that you have a range with which to play, it begins. You play within your tonal range, upper and lower. Your horizons broaden and you begin to think farther and farther away from your center groove until you realize that you do not have to stay within your tonal range. You finally realize you are free to move to the next range of tone above or below your own. You are free. The song continues and you remember how much fun it is to play your own music. And...once again the story is upon the actors lips. We are free to move and play any tone, any instrument or we can play them all at once. For we are the Cosmic Conductor, the Cosmic Composer and this is our musical masterpiece. PEACE.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The interval pattern in the seven musical scales that form the modes - authentic & plagal - used for hundreds of years in Roman Catholic plainsong has been proved to conform to a mathematical structure that is found in the sacred geometries of the world's major religions (other than Christianity). For details, see:
smphillips.8m.com...
and
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Thank you. I feel that it is important that we make our own music, free from dogma, free from formulated control...truely free. We must realize that we are not bound by anything. Everything is possible. We may play any note we wish. We are without boundry, without constraint of any kind. Morality is an illusion. Convention is an illusion.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have been fortunate with music. My father was a wannabe musician. He taught me to sing and forced me to practice the clarinet as a child. I got good. Through HS and college I sat solo chair sang in all the choirs as well as becoming accomplished on several other instruments. It was through this foundation that I realized much about life.

My father hated rock and roll. He had raised me on swing and crooners like Sinatra and sirens such as Holiday.
He also sang barbershop quartet and let me see how joyous music could be.

Now the mystique of rock was that it was the music of rebellion the music of a new breed of youth freeing itself from the bonds of the past and crying freedom. So we thought.

When the Beachboys came out with Little Deuce Coop, I found my chance. I told my dad that these guys were harmony singers and he loved harmonies from his barbershop singing, so he listened. He said, ok maybe he had been too restrictive in his taste and allowed me to listen to rock at home. The second record I brought home was "Papas Gotta Brand New Bag" by James Brown. Oops , back to the drawing board for me. But I digress.

Then I learned that rock was just another phase. That music had been evolving . Dixieland and ragtime. Swing and boogie woogie. Each new phase catching the fancy of coming of age youth.

I lived in San Francisco as a child and was swept away with the music scene there in the mid to late sixties. Acid rock and blues young people experimenting with all kinds os musical expression. Zappa. Oh.

And Ravi Shankar blowing us all away at Monterey. Terry Riley and early computerized music from across the bay and Tower of Power. It seemed the feast would never end. On through the years, there'd be new musicians and singers finding new and different ways of creating beauty. I soared with it all. And through it all the Beatles, morphing before our very ears, changing and evolving like no one before or since.

But then one day I realized that not all of my friends were like me. In the early 70s I found blue grass and fell in love but my rock friends didn't. I realized they didn't like classical either, or jazz. What was going on here?

I came to find that many or most people were like my father. They would open up to music to a degree, basically find their own coming of age music and then stick with it. I worked for a number of years with guys that were ten years younger than me and were basically stuck musically in the mid to late 70's. They still are.

The music industry is partly to blame. In my day, we could listen to the few radio stations we had and they would play it all, rock, soul, blues, jazz. Then as the frequencies expanded with FM, the money makers began to target the youth with telescopic sight accuracy. One station would play one kind of music with commercials targeted at one specific demographic group. Another station would find another age group and do the same. Golden Oldies stations catering to one decade or another would feed one type of familiar music after another to people who had become imprisoned in their own musical vibration.

You see OP? I got back to your OP.

Music? A key to enlightenment?

Get collections of tts best of.....spend a month falling into jazz. Monk, Bird, Coltrane, Miles, Brubeck. Spend the next month in the classics, Brahms, Stravinsky, Gershwin, Debussy, Respighi. Do a week of blue grass, the Monroe Brothers, The Watsons, the Stanleys, the Blue Sky Boys.

Get in and absorb. Soak up all the creative genius of our human artists. Record it all because where ever we all end up going, from Andromeda to the 20th Dimensional Overlay of the Eternal Time Matrix, they will all want to hear what was sung and played on that small planet. Earth, the music box of the cosmos.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Here is an excellent book titled,"This is Your Brain on Music" about the neuroscience of musical effects on the brain. It's only four or five years old. I read it about a year ago and found it quite informative.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I agree with you OP.

Musicians are the weirdest people on earth. We tend to die young, and we're usually susceptible to mental illnesses.
edit on 7-4-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Music is the key to understanding enlightenment. Each of us is our own frequency. Each of us has our own range of frequency with an upper and lower boundry and a center point. There are an infinate number of points in between our upper and lower ranges. Sometimes we get stuck at a point or at the center point and thusly play the same note over and over again.

I totally agree with you here, HUMBLEONE, this is my views on music also. I have altered the frequencies myself, and have seen how they work. for me music defines my state of mind, my reality for that day. I have a juke box in my head. It plays most of the time, beautiful music and not so beautiful music, sad and angry music, and some days it plays commercials. When a song gets stuck in my mind, it will not change until I hear it, so some mornings are a frantic search on youtube typing in suggestive terms until I find it.

On this note, I had a powerful vision back in 1999, lying on my sister's sofa. Part of the vision took me to a live concert of a band that I will not name here, and a clear voice told me, "listen to the WORDS, for within them is an ancient wisdom."

I am still listening.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Reply to JerryMcguire: Beautiful your words are. From me to you,gratitude.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Reply to AutoWrench: "Songs in my head I cannot sing"-Jackson Browne. For me, it is because I do not have the technical ability to transfer what I hear to this dimension.

top topics

join