It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on terror?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Saddam Hussein invades Kuwait in 1991.
Bush orders the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Terrorists hit the twin towers in 2001.
US military forces destroy several buildings in Baghdad in 2003.

The majority of United Nations members want world peace.
Only the minority comprising the US, the UK and Australia are for war.

The whole world protests against this war.
Bush ignores this.

The US is not under attack.
The US decides to prepare a preemptive one.

Iraq are denied the use of long range missiles because deemed illegal. The US Navy fires long range missiles towards Baghdad from the Persian Gulf.

The US claims Iraq posses weapons of mass destruction.
The US demonstrates they have them too with the heavy bombardment of Baghdad (1000 cruise missiles).

News services glorify the acts of the Coalition Army.
In the mean time Iraqis die in the bomb raids.

Now who is the terrorist?

Is this an ethical war? History has shown that wars have no ethics and have total disrespect for human life. Is America becoming the police force of the world?

Does Iraq need to be freed by America? Did the Iraqis ask America to be liberated?

Does Globalization really mean Americanization of the World?

What is the use of the United Nations if a single member can defy its decisions?

Bush called Saddam defiant.

Isn't Bush also defiant of the United Nations taking an unilateral approach?

Is Bush any better than Saddam? They both kill.

Let's reflect on the above and see where we are really heading. Is the US planning on an expansion campaign by annihilating Iraq and taking over their oil wealth?

How much is this going to cost? Let's destroy and rebuild because America has a great heart......

And have we thought of the consequences? The Arab world is in revolt. The Muslims will hate the West even more. There will be more retaliation.

This is the SPLIT of humanity!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Is Bush any better than Saddam? They both kill.

The Muslims will hate the West even more. There will be more retaliation.

How could you compare our President to the monster who has killed over 1 million Muslims?

As for worrying about more retaliation, all I can say is that if we did nothing they would still try to attack us.

You cannot win the war on terror playing defense, the best defense is a good offense.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
zaxatron,

I'm sorry to break it to you, but there is NO comparison between Bush and Saddam. NONE. Why did we take our first ever in US history pre-emptive strike against Iraq? Simply put ... Saddam kept bull#ting us. It's his own fault for NOT trying to go the peaceful route we initially tried recently with him.

I can't get over people saying this is a war for oil ... If it were, why are we not stopping him from blowing up the oil well's? Make's no sense ... I must be REALLY stupid I guess ...

We even specificly ASKED the Iraqi military NOT to bother fighting as there was no point in them losing their live's over a dying regime. We tried with Saddam, we tried with Saddam's military. All the US want's IS Saddam gone as he pose's a major threat. We have nothing against the Iraqi people, just Saddam ... Yet, people look BEYOND that one little fact ....

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My wee brother was in Sierra Leone and Afghanistan
and is now in Iraq. Tonight I'm told my big brother has been called over too. I thought the war on terror was against Salami bin Liner what's happened to him?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   

How could you compare our President to the monster who has killed over 1 million Muslims?

When?

Everyone today is so blinded by their patriotism it's unbelievable. Bush is the terrorist.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ill,

No ... Saddam is the terrorist... Why is everyone so blinded by anti-american BS? I've yet to see bush kill a single american ... Including his own family.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We've bent over backwards to minimize civilian casualties and to give the enemy every chance to surrender that now we have soldiers who were captured and executed by white-flag waving criminals.

To discuss the situation with people who liken Bush to Hussein or says that we are the terrorists is no different than trying to have a rational discussion with an insane asylum inpatient. A lesson in futility. The disturbing ones are the ones that live in the "terrorist" nation and enjoy the benefits when they are perfectly free to go to their preferred paradise. Rather ironic, I think. An oxymoron, emphasis on the second syllable.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
"Iraq are denied the use of long range missiles because deemed illegal"

*We didn't "deem" them illegal, it was part of the cease-fire agreement, that Saddam agreed to get rid of them, in order to remain in power.

"The US claims Iraq posses weapons of mass destruction.
The US demonstrates they have them too with the heavy bombardment of Baghdad (1000 cruise missiles)."

*Again, see the first answer. Also, we aren't using nuclear or biological tips, now are we?

Just had to refute those two points.

new topics

top topics

join