It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck ending daily Fox News show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Glenn Beck ending daily Fox News show

www.cbsnews.com

Glenn Beck will no longer have a daily program on Fox News.

According to a joint release from Fox News and Beck's production company, Mercury Radio Arts, Beck "intends to transition" off the program at some point this year.

Read more: www.cbsnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It seems the conspiracy theory finally caught up with Glenn Beck.
Whether real or bandwagon attention grabber it seems the PTB do not like Glenn peaking behind the curtain.
I am no fan of Beck, imho he is there with Rush,....err Alex Jones i mean, but it seems someone is being silenced.
Let's see how nuts the msm paints this individual to be shall we?

www.cbsnews.com

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
THANK GOD the brainwashing event is over. Now he can have endless immature rants about alex jones and how hes so much better than him on his radio show.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Is it too soon to open the champagne?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhioPariah
Is it too soon to open the champagne?

No way! Pop that open right now. Infact, make a youtube video about it and celebrate that Beck is gone! Now he can go back to his pill poppin' days of being the worthless scum that he actually is.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

xpert

Fox IS mainstream media. Beck was allowed to broadcast from their pulpit as long as he promoted and reflected their perspective and drew in viewers to both watch their commercials and to get lazy viewers to watch other Fox pundits because they lost their remotes.

It appears he was loosing viewers and hence less people were watching commercials in that time slot and second, his outlandish behavior had become a liability rather than an asset to the whole Fox structure.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hallelujah!! No more cursed chalk board and no more ridiculous theories which make actual alternative theories look like bad B movie plots.

Ex

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Say Bye Bye.... Glenn

Since the beginning of 2011, seven radio stations have dropped Glenn Beck's show.

Buckley radio dropped Beck from five of its stations - WOR in New York City and four in Connecticut. Philadelphia's WPHT and Madison's WTDY also replaced Beck. Kansas City's KMBZ moved Glenn Beck from his coveted morning slot to a significantly less desirable late-evening slot.

Further, due to Jewish Funds for Justice's terrific work, five New York City radio stations have already committed to keeping Glenn Beck off the air there.

Forbes contributor Rick Ungar explains the financial significance of Beck losing radio affiliates - especially a NYC station:

While the radio show can survive the loss of the smaller markets in the Buckley group, no radio program can long survive the loss of New York as being shut-out of the nation's largest market makes selling national advertising exceptionally difficult if not completely impossible.

edit on 4/6/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I see some of the people I know personally are not the only ones who have been drinking the funny colored tea.

I guess I will miss the laughs !

I do hope he is not picked up by the Onion News though.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Dropping ratings caught up with him.

He lost one million viewers since January and his ratings are continuing to fall.

He's fallen to the fifth most viewed show on Fox news.

If people havn't figured out yet, Fox News cares about money and they probably have someone they think can make more money in Beck's timeslot. Who that is I don't know, but I bet that is the main factor here.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think the real reason is slightly more sinister and self-serving on Fox's part - now that the election cycle for 2012 is gearing up they want to be seen as a more credible "news" outlet and can do without Beck's diatribes and invented conspiracies, which always lead back to some Democrat and never a Republican. Of course they'll probably still use him as a "source" just as they use the fabrications from the New York Post (another Murdoch joint) as a source.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
He is down but not out. Guys like him find a way to worm themselves back in and I have little doubt that he doesn't have a golden parachute packed in such a way that we'll have to see his face and listen to his tripe. Unfortunately for me, many in my family like him. Regardless of how I indicate Beck is a POS shill, they don't listen.

One has to appreciate that naming a TV the "boob tube" was most prescient. It seems that those who turn it on and watch become just that......
edit on 6-4-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
read the article a little further than the headlines fellas

Beck had reportedly been considering starting his own cable network, similar to Oprah Winfrey's OWN, or taking over an existing network. He currently hosts a syndicated radio show in addition to his Fox News show.

I think that would be an interesting channel but with limited markets.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Glenn's attitude is what puts off most of the public ... he comes across as a sarcastic whiner to his tv audience
and I'm sure most of his sensationalism is in direct opposition to Murdoch's methods of global media control.

Personally its my opinion that the CIA loves to tip off Fox news for propaganda.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I use to really like Glen Beck. I would watch his show everyday. I think he did a good thing in the beginnning, waking people up some. Then he just got super fruity!!!! Now I can't stand him!!! The sight of him just turns me the other way. I feel that I have moved on to bigger and better blabber mouths!!
So all I can say for Glenny boy is....Goodbye......nah na nah na....hey...hey...hey...Goodbye!!!!
Please don't tell me that he is doing this to try to run for Prez in 2012.....I think I would just

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

imho he is there with Rush,....err Alex Jones i mean,

sure.

in the 90's alex jones was doing what he is still doing today, awakening the masses, spreading awareness of the enemies of humanity.

glenn beck was a radio prankster in the 90's - a mere actor, he is still one today.

on fox he plays the part of 'Merican Shill where he simply parrots what Alex Jones has been saying/warning about for years mixed with crudely put together graphs and severely distorted facts known around these parts as disinformation.

Good riddance beck, back to reality.
edit on 6-4-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

It seems the conspiracy theory finally caught up with Glenn Beck.
Whether real or bandwagon attention grabber it seems the PTB do not like Glenn peaking behind the curtain.
I am no fan of Beck, imho he is there with Rush,....err Alex Jones i mean, but it seems someone is being silenced.
Let's see how nuts the msm paints this individual to be shall we?

www.cbsnews.com

Why would they silence Beck, the libertarian hating, Debra Medina ambushing, 911 truth bashing, Neocon right winger and NOT get rid of Judge Napolitano (who, without a doubt, is far more for the cause of liberty and full freedom than Beck) ?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Good.

His show is full of disinformation and general ignorance. He rips off Alex Jones.

America does not need Glenn Beck prattling on about such nonsense.

He is the problem, not the solution.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
PLease post your comments in this earlier thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join