It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI and ats.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I was just wondering that with everything that is going on, FBI monitoring the internet and such and I thought this is a HUGE site

I don't know the numbers but it seems everytime I come on here we got 2-3 new members and we're almost 2,000 members strong so my question is, is ats.com under FBI surveillance?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have no doubt that ATS is monitored by Internet Intelligence agencies. My PC has been hacked recently and I'm currently locked out of 41 programs that have been locked by an "unknown" source". I now have no access to those program files.

Any website that discusses and exchanges information regarding Government activities will be under surveillance by almost any Government.

I appreciate the need for U.S. internal security, but resent my PC being a target, because I'm a loyal American, support the effort to free Iraq from Sadman's regime 100% and am not a terrorist nor pedophile.

Food for thought,
Deep

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i live in ft. drum, and they monitor what the soldiers look at. more than once have i seen undercover cars with G tags on my loop near my house with some type of antennae out, or men in black suits in the same places i've been. my mom also has gotten a few letters with an internet questionairre to see what sites she's visited. since i got my own comp, well, i gotta be careful.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Why would the government take the time to see what some kids' mother is looking at on the internet?? I find that really strange.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ill, you are more right than you know.

We are currently in a state of war. This was not a war that we wanted, it was brought to us several years ago and now it can no longer be ignored.

While we are the victims of a war declared against us, there is a subculture of this society that is sympathetic to the enemy and is suspected of being capable as well as willing to give aide and comfort to the enemy. These people are internet-savvy and communicate via message boards. Communique is passed along their networks on boards such as this one with other members oblivious to what is going on under their noses. Recruits are also found on boards causing the internal enemy to grow, giving greater logistical, financial as well as human assets to those who wish to destroy our very way of life.

This is why changes are coming in this country that will affect everything, even cyberspace.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Some of you may know, but others may not. I work in advertising, and more specific, I run the Internet/website/digital aspect of our agency's business.

For the past two years, I've been driving a "digital branding" effort (some of it outlined in my blog) that helps our clients understand the fundamental change digital technologies is causing in the culture.

In wartime, these changes will be more profound than ever. I doubt ATS is on the radar screen of any agency, but I wouldn't be surprised if zealous individuals within certain agencies have stopped by for a peak from time to time.

In the digital realm of the Internet, there are no borders.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
To give you guys a scope of this site...I was told about it by a state trouper when I was researching a story about the black helicopters...so yes the "police force" does know about us.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
this war is assured to take away our freedoms. It is also assured to keep the intelligence and police agencies intact and neccasary for years to come.

MONEY MONEY MONEY.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
... we are certainly checked by the nsa but in the program echelon. I dont think that it's a fbi ressort.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   
question to Bob, or William. I've heard of Government officials installing certain Echelon, datamining programs at the ISP level. I've noticed that the site has been down due to bandwidth problems, this would indicate to me that this site is hosted at a commercial level (please correct me if I'm wrong
) Do you know if any of this data mining software would be installed at your ISP level, And what type of policy's your ISP has about giving out information. This could be very useful to the members here so we know what to expect.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
...well...ATS was originally suggested to me by a friend who works for the NZSIS...sort of a shady Govt Intel Agency here in NZ...so yeah, I'd say some authorities have had a peep or two...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I was just wondering that with everything that is going on, FBI monitoring the internet and such and I thought this is a HUGE site

my question is, is ats.com under FBI surveillance?

www.prisonplanet.com...

Just check this out, the Tia is already been here, that is obvious, everything related with "them" is being checked daily...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hey Mr. G-Man!

Seriously, why would they visit this site? Other than for a laugh or two about the topics we have. If any of you g-men are out there, how about starting an id that could represent yourselves (not MT69).

XAOS

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer
question to Bob, or William. I've heard of Government officials installing certain Echelon, datamining programs at the ISP level.

Simon is not rich (as far as we know), and as you've seen, ATS is demanding more bandwidth than he has anticipated funding. I and Bob88 and helping research some hosting alternatives that are too much more expensive, but provide expanded bandwidth capabilities.

That being said...

The ATS forum is managed through freely available XMB forum code. While we have our own database that Simon administers, only Simon has the database passwords and secure connection information. Unfortunately, the database is not stored on a computer owned by Simon, so with great effort, it would be possible to force a secure pipe that mirrors database content offsite. But it would be very hard without Simon's access information, and we'd likely notice a decrease in overall performance.

But rest assured activity such as that requires criminal investigation and a search warrent. I can be confident in saying there hasn't been any activity on the forum that would incite that level of government concern. So I wouldn't worry about a forceable intrusion of our database by the government.

Better?

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
much better thank you.

new topics

top topics

join