It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim the best way to find alien life is to search for signs of engineering on asteroids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Scientists have spent 50 years sending radio signals deep into space in an attempt to establish contact with extra-terrestrials.

But it now appears there might be a much simpler way of finding alien life - we should look for signs of mining in asteroid belts.

Mining should be easy to spot because it would create lots of dust due to its effect on local temperatures, or so the theory goes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c7fe5a1ae26.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d40dcb04451.jpg[/atsimg]

Please click link For rest of article:
Dailymail Link

Thats an interesting idea,obviously a race mass mining asteroids would have to be way more advanced than us,what do you guys think is this the best way to search for ET?
edit on 4/4/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My entire problem with how we think we should search for ET is the fact we believe that they will think in a way we can even comprehend. The same way people think ET would have technological development on par with how we evolve tech. Or similar morals, etc. I'm actually sick of hearing ET would have "evolved" past war.

I mean, we can search via these ways, but for all we know ET could be hyper-violent and avoiding us for that reason, however they justify it in some way completely foreign to how we can perceive it and hiding their trails as well as they can. There could be no dust because maybe they use precision equipment that looks like a primitive earth-drill, or lasers, or maybe they send mineral devouring creatures into space and harvest their bloated corpses once they had their fill.

All that ranting aside, I do like whenever people attempt to imagine new ways to look. Look under every rock and maybe we'll strike gold. I just don't like how most people tend to assume aliens would do "x" because thats what we predict mankind would do when we reach "y".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
mining asteroids you say? lets just send harry stamper,a.j.,bear and rockhound,the whole armeggedon team up to an asteroid. they will get thet job done. that i my favorite movie by the way
edit on 4-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

Thats a good point,i never really thought of it like that,thanks for the reply!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

lol,i think Bruce is getting a bit too old for those kind of shenanigans lol

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetRevenge
I just don't like how most people tend to assume aliens would do "x" because thats what we predict mankind would do when we reach "y".

I agree with you but also understand that our own actions are all we have to go by. If we are looking for someone we can be buddies with maybe it's not such a bad plan to look where we would be. What I wonder is anyone looking through all the thermal data we have collected looking for these signatures?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: double post oops

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

I cannot pull it up at this moment, but perhaps that concept stems from some secret work done on ascertaining the strange object imaged several years ago on the asteroid Eros. It has been debated here on ATS. NASA says that the object is a large boulder. It would be a very larger "boulder" to be sure with strangely symetrical lines. Basically, some of us decided that it was a mining machine of some great size working into the side of a crater.

But stop to think about the logic behind this new idea about aliens mining asteroids. It has no solid basis for being unless the aliens were from our own system here and that most likely would be Mars. Would ETs come all of the way from another star system to mine our little asteroids? That does not seem likely because if we have billions of asteroids, so we can assume other stars would have similar fields of debris orbiting at some point among their planets. For them to need to come here for mining would suggest our asteroids have some special components that are missing from those solar systems and that is highly unlikely given their obvious technological abilities. Our asteroids seem to contain the basic elements found on earth, dirt rocks and metals.

As far as the dust goes, I address that aspect in part in the prior Eros thread mentioned. With no atmosphere to carry the dust, the dispersion of dust on a light-gravity, no atmosphere asteroid would not be as we imagine a "cloud" of dust on Earth.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

nah....he can handle it...havent you seen red? hes still in great shape...but the rest of his team im not too sure about tho...even tho max did lose alot of weight

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hopefully, this link will work, or check ABS search for Eros 433.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread372515/pg2

(They should have mentioned comets also as objects that may show signs of having been manipulated and engineered. And if you want an explanation for how the asteroids of Phobos and Deimos got around Mars and the mysterious marking on Phobos? Throw those into the mix also.

Personally, I think they are trying to guide us along a particular path of acceptance.)

edit on 4-4-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by Aliensun because: complet a verb

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Heres your Link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join