It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Electric pays no taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It has been reported that GE has no tax obligation this year and will not be paying a penny. While everyone else has to pay, this corporation is getting off scott free. This is a situation that I think the people could do something about it. The proof and details about this is right in front of us and as usual the politicians will not do a thing about it but we can. Yeah, I know, we all hear the statements and plans about not doing business with certain companies but this might be one we can sink our teeth in and actually get a result.

I think that if GE does not feel as if they have an obligation to pay taxes like everyone else does, then lets give them a real reason not to pay them. After all, x% of nothing is nothing, and I do not mind businesses not paying taxes when they do not make anything, that is fair, so lets put them in that situation so they do need to pay taxes.

I will not buy anything from GE or its subsidiaries, which includes these companies:

Cargowaggon
CFM International
GE Capital
GE Capital Bank
GE Energy
GE Fanuc Embedded Systems
GE Intelligent Platforms
GE Global Research
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
GE Jenbacher
GE Security
Genesis Lease
NBCUniversal
GE Technology Infrastructure
Transport International Pool
Tungsram
UNIVAC

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This has already been posted.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

So I've been told about 25 times already.

There is a search facility on ATS, it is quite useful for finding out if anybody has already posted the same thread.

No offence, but it does get boring reading and hearing about it. Peace.

link   
nvm

edit on 31-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Skewed

The problem with this whole issue is lack of understanding by the common man. If you lose $40 billion one year and make $35 billion the next you don't pay any taxes. The next $5 billion profit will also be tax free. If you are a small businessman the same goes for you. Losses offset profits, as it should be.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

The Progressive Nazis', not a slander just a fact, fail to talk about that THEY wrote the taxes, and GEs accountants followed their rules and regulations to a T. They did things that the Nazis' wanted them to do. So now the Nazis' who wrote the laws, scream about it? Scream about the doggone Progressive Nazis' taking over the law making. The problem is NOT with GE, those accountants deserve a pay bonus, but the apparent problem is with the radical Nazis' in not writing a legitimate tax code. And the most fair tax of all is inflation! All from every holder, foreign and domestic, of US dollars, irreguardless of anything else. The tax law was usurped, taken over by,the radical left Nazis' a long time ago. Punishing GE for following the laws is absurd!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Naw. really?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Good for GE. The US has the worst tax code on the planet. It's designed to enslave you since you've already broken it and they can do anything to you. We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world (now that Japan is lowering theirs). It has utterly destroyed US businesses.

Want to know why you don't have a good job? Start with the outrageous taxes you pay and all US corporations pay. The only way out of this mess is to eliminate income tax altogether. Oh and by the way they have to eliminate all entitlements as well. Otherwise the Chinese will own you due to the debt crisis. Our entitlements can not be paid going forward. However the dumbocrat elite knew this and they saw it was good.

The rules for radicals suggests that bankrupting the system would be a key way to bring it all down.

How else to destroy the US and bring on the one world marxist government?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They did pay taxes..just not, income taxes...

The New York Times reported last week that GE owed nothing in federal income taxes in 2010 despite earning $14 billion, about a third from its U.S. operations.

The company said, however, it expects to owe the government a small amount in 2010 when it files its return in September. GE also said it paid about $1 billion in other federal, state and local taxes.

www.reuters.com...

Another of the reasons they did not pay taxes is because there are green incentives for businesses who innovate in green technology. I can't find a source for it, I'll keep digging, but I do know that's one of the reasons they did not have pay much of anything.

I'm not agreeing with it, but these are the facts.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I didnt think the Federal Green Tax was in effect yet - either way here is the article talking about it.

Obama proposes Green Tax - FT 2011

Obama proposes ‘green tax’ incentives

By Stephanie Kirchgaessner and Jeremy Lemer in New York

Published: February 3 2011 11:00 | Last updated: February 3 2011 23:17

Barack Obama is proposing to cut oil and gas subsidies to make way for new “green energy” tax incentives designed to encourage US businesses to upgrade their commercial buildings and make them more efficient.

The move was intended to spur job growth in the construction industry and make commercial buildings 20 per cent more energy efficient by 2020. The White House declined to comment on the cost of the expanded tax credits, but said Mr Obama was “committed” to paying for the investments.
.Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - www.ft.com...

“I’ve asked Congress to eliminate the billions in taxpayer dollars that we currently give to oil companies. They are doing just fine on their own. So it’s time to stop subsidising yesterday’s energy; it’s time to invest in tomorrow’s,” Mr Obama said in a speech in Pennsylvania, where he announced the proposal.

If the changes to the tax code are adopted, the initiative could benefit companies such as United Technologies, Honeywell and Emerson Electric, which make energy-efficient building elements and controls including high performance elevators, thermostats and air conditioning parts.

The new proposal would increase the tax credit offered to building owners and real estate investment trusts to retrofit their properties.

Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - www.ft.com...

Click link above for more info..
edit on 31-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join