It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP - New age Witch-hunt in a modern society.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Wikipedia describes a Witch-hunt as "a search for witches or evidence of witchcraft, often involving moral panic, mass hysteria and lynching".

During the witch-hunts, all that was required for someone to be summarily tried and convicted of being a witch was an accusation. One persons word, would be backed up by people who could not explain things like plagues, or natural disasters. "Shes a witch, Burn her. She caused this sickness." and as word spread others would join in on this mob mentality that required no evidence, just fear and ignorance, to have someone put to death.

There was no possible way to prove that someone was not a witch, only their guilt and this was extracted by admission under torture. If the witch admitted to being one, it did not alter the outcome, only 'saved her soul' in the afterlife. Effectively, once the accusation was made, mob rule took over and the only result was guilt.

HAARP is todays witch. People who have no understanding of how it works continue to spread fear and ignorance and it's other like minded people who join in on the mob mentality. "HAARP caused the earthquakes. It is EVIL!!!" and as word spreads more and more people conclude that all these events going on right now, must be attributed to something other than the very nature of living ona boiling ball of molten rock that continually cracks open and explodes on it's own while floating around a massive burnings ball of gas in space.

HAARP. And just like the witch there is no way to prove it is not responsible for causing these catastrophes and so the only verdict people who do not understand the technology can come to is Guilt. "Prove it didn't cause the Earthquakes!" they ignorantly ask, refusing to understand that you cannot prove something doesn't happen - you can only prove that it does and in this case, there is no proof of HAARP causing anything, only fear and ignorance of the technology. "It shoots energy beams into the sky, it might be able to do more. They wouldn't tell is if it could, so it's obvious they're lying!"

Every day I struggle to ignore people who ignorantly post 1 or 2 liners in relation to the Japan quakes, with posts such as "HAARP did it. HAARP is very very Evil!" and propagate the notion. If enough people say it, other people think "Hey there must be something to it...." and then they too join in on the mob mentality of spreading FUD. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. All it takes is one persons misinterpretation of the facts, their overwhelming fear and access to a forum where people devour this sort of thing in their daily endeavor to 'find the truth', throw in some mind numbingly stupid youtube videos, some pseudo-intellectual twaddle from some charlatan who bought his diploma online and has passed them self off as an expert for 15 years, and you have a semi-legible story that helps sell itself.

It does not however, make it true.

HAARP has been known to have caused, provably, how many deaths? Or even harmed someone? Can anyone provide ANY evidence that shows it can even do the things it is accused of? And I do not mean coincidental one off events that realistically, to someone not trying to spread FUD, prove nothing whatsoever?

Just as the witch was not responsible for the plagues and famines of their time, the mob will not change because they are ignorant of reality.

And it seems time has changed but the indelible nature of ignorance has not...

/rant...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Perhaps if there was more transparency within the American Government, people wouldn't have drawn such far out conclusions as they have here lately. I for one do not believe that HAARP is the cause of many world problems people here seem to tag it for. However it would seem that they are indeed hiding the true nature of the facility, whatever that may be.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

This term that you used, 'FUD' (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt), is new to me. Since it is new to me, I am positive that HAARP made you type it. Prove that it didn't!!!

Recently, I have been thinking about all of the HAARP accusations. This is what I have concluded, as far as my own opinion of it. Whether it is from intentional dis-info, or if it is only from 'the blind leading the blind,' the over-abundance of the 'HAARP did it' comments, that are splashed everywhere like graffiti in an alley, and have no actual evidence backing them up, have caused me to not give any credit to any of it.

So if it actually is from intentional dis-info agents, then I applaud you for a job well done. However, I think that is unlikely, and it is probably caused from the 2nd option. Either way, it has been turned into such a joke because of hearsay and rumor, that it is hard for me to actually take any of it seriously

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
reply to post by badw0lf

Perhaps if there was more transparency within the American Government, people wouldn't have drawn such far out conclusions as they have here lately. I for one do not believe that HAARP is the cause of many world problems people here seem to tag it for. However it would seem that they are indeed hiding the true nature of the facility, whatever that may be.

To me, it seems they are only 'hiding' the true intent because people are not willing to accept the facts and claims put forward by the facility itself.

I mean, you can go to the website itself and read the Technical details here, the Diagnostic equipment and even the Current data but no one takes any of it as true, because they want to believe it's got something to hide.

The effects on the Ionosphere, which state

It is important to realize that HAARP interacts only with charged (or ionized) particles in a limited region of the ionosphere directly over the facility. Interaction occurs because a charged particle (electron or positive ion) will react to an external electric field. HAARP does not interact with the neutral atoms and molecules that make up the bulk of the gas at all atmospheric heights.

Yet that's obviously all lies because people just 'know' it's causing earthquakes... Which is only because they want to believe it... oO

And you can scream it till you're blue in the face but they'll just call you a disinfo agent, and froth at the mouth a little, then start another thread going about the same thing only slightly different..

Lol, madness...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by badw0lf

This term that you used, 'FUD' (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt), is new to me. Since it is new to me, I am positive that HAARP made you type it. Prove that it didn't!!!

Wikipedia has a good definition of it, I first saw it years ago in a Linux vs Microsoft argument on ZDNet..

Recently, I have been thinking about all of the HAARP accusations. This is what I have concluded, as far as my own opinion of it. Whether it is from intentional dis-info, or if it is only from 'the blind leading the blind,' the over-abundance of the 'HAARP did it' comments, that are splashed everywhere like graffiti in an alley, and have no actual evidence backing them up, have caused me to not give any credit to any of it.

So if it actually is from intentional dis-info agents, then I applaud you for a job well done. However, I think that is unlikely, and it is probably caused from the 2nd option. Either way, it has been turned into such a joke because of hearsay and rumor, that it is hard for me to actually take any of it seriously

That's the problem, it's beyond discussion now because there are so many wayward opinions on it, it inevitably leads to someone's brain imploding, never to function properly again. Usually mine..

I wouldn't think there are disinfo agents propagating the misleading statements, that's giving it more forethought than it needs in my opinion; there are already enough people who think so far out of the box that it's now a tiny 2 dimensional square in the far far distance, and they're easily capable of jumping to wild conclusions on the basis of 'what if'.

But you're right... it's just too hard these days to take any of it seriously.

top topics

join