It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im panicking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
well this is this is the first thing that comes to mind. talk to your folks, you say they agree with you on some points and disagree on others. well if you don't have a part time job, get one, i know that this is easier said than done in this day in time. but if you can, you can start bringing food and other supplies home. show your parents that having extra food and supplies in the house is a good thing, even if the sdhtf , tell them that it can always be rotated and used so it doesn't go bad. and it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. i believe that this would show them that you have seen and or heard something that concerns you, and are willing to work for whats needed.

you might want to get your folks to have a look here at ats, and maybe any other web sites you have found, that will show them what has caught your attention. and maybe compare alternative news with msm, with them. maybe then they can see things in a different light. and then maybe all of you can work for this goal. at they very least this could bring your family closer together. which for most would the very best thing that could happen.

and as time goes on maybe you can bring up some of the more important things that should be looked at for survival, like defense.

one thing i suggest, don't go overboard with it. i remember back in late eighty's and early ninty's. when i first started paying attention to what was really going on. i started talking to my family and friends about it. and everybody thought i was nut's. i was branded a extreme right wing wacko. then during the clinton years my folks started seeing some of the things i was saying coming true. one night my mom told me that she thought i had gotten so bad that there had been talk about puttin me in the nut house. man did that open my eyes to the ways i approached people about different subjects.

any way if you can find a part time job, and you can't get your parents to help, i say you have to prepare by yourself. then when and if the time comes you can save your love ones. there are many different sites that have excellent ideas and recommendations as to what you need. hell your on one of the best now.

and just so you know there many others, who are in the same kind of situation, and are probably in many peoples thoughts and most of mankind will reach out to help when things get bad. just remember not to go to big brothers fema camps.

so don't freak out, make a plan, and then execute it.

and ya know it's good to see a 16 year old with this kind of attitude, not many of your age would.

edit on 31-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Your 16 and really should not be worrying about these sorts of things, infact...ATS should have an age restriction to be fair If it's getting you to think this way.

IF the SHTF society will breakdown, there will be no laws, it will be a survival situation, and if there is one thing that humans do very well, it's survive, it will be kill or be killed, a battle for resources.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Hey there Dinogur.... I hear ya, if you let it get into your head for long enough, whats going on in the world can scare the daylights outta you. And let me tell you there is no age limit on fear. Be aware, but don't give into fear and panic. Easier said than done, I know... trust me, I know.

May I suggest this... even at your 'young' age and with little in the way of monetary resources... get educated. Now this not only means doing well in school.. but educate yourself on how to keep yourself alive with the absolute bare minimum available to you.

This is not necessarily a plug for the ATS Survival Show but if you are able, try listening in to these guys. They practice what they teach and are an amazing arsenal of info on this topic. The next show is on tonight. Even for all the years I have been prepping I have learned new things to keep in my 'arsenal' of survival knowledge. If that is not possible then read read read and ask as many questions as you need to in order to get the info you are searching for. Heck, start threads here with your questions there are always more than enough people to answer your ?s here.

But try your best to not panic. Once you start to panic you've already lost the battle. You can do this.... if I can, you can. Get me?

Edit To Add: Be careful with info you get in the threads, however. When you get answers, research what you are being offered in the way of advise, I do. If something seems "off" when you start to research....ask again. Poor Ahabstar had to deal with one of my questions last week in ref. to water purification because I went on the net and searched for answers to a question I had and the info I found seemed a bit 'off'. He was more than kind in answering my ?s without making me feel stupid. Remember, there are no stupid questions especially when dealing with issues that may help keep you safe and alive should the need arise.
edit on 31-3-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Added comment

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Hey, so i was reading about the stocking up on supplies, and im wondering, all of you people, are "old" and have jobs n stuff, but i dont, i still go to school. I mean what can a 16 year old do to get ready for any SHTF occasion? or am i screwed?

Well from that and your thread title I have some advice. I can't believe I'm offering it, and will probably get a post ban because of it but.....

My advice is to stop reading this forum. If you are panicking and worried, you need to stop reading this site, and go live in the world of reality for a few weeks. Sure, you should be prepared for disaster type events, but you should NOT be panicking over it. If you are, the fear mongering threads have done it to you, and you've essentially said just that.

People, we've got to bring some calm rationality back to this site or people will get hurt. Seriously, how many people went and bought potassium iodine because of the threads on here? This is becoming irresponsible. Are you happy? you've got a 16 year old kid in a panic over NOTHING.

Nibiru isn't coming
The nwo isn't about to declare martial law
the moon isn't about to crash into the earth
the earth is not splitting in half
the physical poles of the earth are NOT moving
aliens are not invading on december 22 2012 (thank you x-files)
the mayans never predicted the end of anything but their cyclic calender
The radiation, outside of Japan, is still below danger levels and it's not chernobyl

Did I miss anything?
edit on 31-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Don't worry the city of NY will take care of you. If the # hits the fan bud don't worry because there will be nothing you can do.

A little advice.

Honestly I cannot think of any.

Do you have a car or liscense.

You need a plan a bug out plan.

If this happens I leave.

If this happens I stay and feel it out.

Just remember location location location. It is everything.

Where are you. In Fishkill the catskills or in the city means a big difference of life and death.

Give me a little more details and I can give you some bugout ideas.

Water, dehydrated fruits and protien bars.
First aid
Cold gear as it is still cold.
Water purifying tabs
Small knife
Wire saw
Propain lighter refill and refillable lighter. Ronson makes one at the hardware store or maybe HDepot.
Poncho to keeps your shelter dry or a water proof tarp.

Food is key, water is also key but you can get some water from canned fruits and veggies.

I have been slowly accumulating for years so I'm all set. But if your just starting.

Get a pen and paper and make a list now.

What do I need what do I have where can I go
Who do I go with.

I prepared person will be better off than the unprepared.

need more information from U

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Stop worrying and enjoy your life...

It's good to learn and it's good to be informed but there's no need to panic. People who are "ready" won't survive much longer than anyone else anyways. So instead of adding stress into your young life, relax and take it easy. Don't even worry about school, certainly don't worry about college, don't let grown ups scare you about ANYTHING and just live your life.

Do not learn because you are told to learn but because you are conscious that you knowledge is important. Do good not because the church tells you so or because you fear jail, do good because you are a good person. Don't listen to army recruits; don't believe people when they tell you that money is happiness; don't stress over issues that are out of your control.

So yep... my advice is to Not Panic.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If your panicking now what will you do if anything ever does happen?

So your 16 and can't prep very well. The thing you can do is learn skills. You would have skills many, many don't care to learn.

Learn:

Water purifying skills
Fire starting skills
shelter building skills
first aid
learn about medicinal and edible plants where you live.
learn trapping skills
learn how to fish

If you know what to eat you don't need food stored so much. There are so many plants that are edible all around you.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Take a deep breath......first, let me say that reading the threads here on ATS, you would think we are all about to die any second. 99% of it is SPECULATION....just people talking about "what if". It does not mean anything is going to actually happen. Of course, there is a chance anything could happen at any time.... BUT that does NOT mean it is LIKELY. Just think about that.....you MIGHT leave your house and get attacked by a pack of dogs.....but it is not LIKELY. See what I'm saying? I remember when I was in elementary school....it was storming real bad, and there was a tornado coming. The teachers made us sit in the hall.....some of the kids started a rumour....... that the world was coming to an end. The rumour grew and grew..... until the story was, that a baby was born in a nearby hospital, and actually SPOKE! It spoke to the nurse said the world was coming to an end
Since I was only a child, I thought it was true. I got so scared I threw up all over the place! Obviously, the story was not true and we are all still here. Every day, someone is giving a date for the supposed SHTF day....and that day comes and goes without incident. The truth is, none of us know. Just live and have fun, and if you have to, don't read too much of the doom threads. I have to take a break sometimes myself. But if you DO read it, just remember, it is mostly speculation, and it's interesting, but it DOESN'T mean it id going to happen. It's always good to have some jugs of water, candles, canned food, and first aid kit (I have all of that handy because I live on the gulf coast and we have hurricanes). Maybe ask your parents if they have those things, and if they don't, explain to them that it would make you feel so much better if they could do that for you. I hope your panic goes away....there is really nothing to panic about. Life is the same as it was when I was your age....and when you have kids someday, it will be for them.....don't worry....enjoy life, hang out with your friends, and do what people your age do, ok? It's going to be fine.

edit on 31-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: correction

edit on 31-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

One more thing.....maybe your parents don't realize how insecure you are feeling. Maybe you could just let them read this thread and they will see. You mentioned you live in N.Y.....were you there when the towers went down? Maybe you have some post traumatic issues.....I can see why you are worried, but those things could happen anywhere. Someone your age should not have to worry about these kinds of things. I say show your parents this thread, or just explain to them you are having a lot of stress and tell them why. Then ask them to PLEASE put together an emergency kit so you can feel safer.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My advice is to stop panicking and live your life, you sound like you are already spiralling into a paranoid mess.
Ah I remember what my dad said "this s*** hitting the fan theory has been around forever and its no worse today than it was when I was a kid"
Remember that, and for f's sake live and enjoy your life, I hate fear fearmongering because sadly it preys on the vulnerable and gullible (no offence), and then when someone like me points this out all it seems to do is cause a backlash of accusations of being 'one of them' or 'sheeple' blind, unprepared, sarcastic comments like "well, enjoy your chaos of unpreparedness" and all that does is goes to prey further on the gullible.
Again, it is only theoretical situations people are stock piling food for, fear is an amazing selling tool.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
Hey, so i was reading about the stocking up on supplies, and im wondering, all of you people, are "old" and have jobs n stuff, but i dont, i still go to school. I mean what can a 16 year old do to get ready for any SHTF occasion? or am i screwed?

Actually, you are in a better position to survive the SHTF scenario than us old folks with jobs. Me, I'm pretty much going to be stuck defending what I have, because I won't be able to survive without it. I have enough land to grow food, I have apple, pear, peach, pecan, walnut and fig trees. I have blueberry bushes kiwi vines and strawberry plants. I'm going to get some solar and wind power systems in the near future, I have a well for water, but I know in a SHTF situation I won't be able to defend what I have from roving gangs. I won't be able to guard my crops, etc. unless I can bring in enough younger family members to help.

My advice is to learn what you can from the old timers while you can. Learn how they did things before they had the modern conveniences they have today. Old Boy Scout manuals and Army survival manuals would be helpful. Learn about herbal medicines. Learn how to grow food. Every time I look at my yard in the springtime I regret not taking the time to learn how to make dandelion wine. All those wasted dandelions; it sure would be nice to have a few barrels of wine for trading purposes. But thanks to the "job" thing, I just don't have the time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
VVD - Your post just gave me a thought, as well...

OP - Try to get a hold of very old cook books, maybe from GoodWill or other second-hand sales centers (Betty Crocker cookbooks, example) and practice cooking from scratch, at home. For instance, do you know how to make bread from scratch, or do you only know to buy the yeast (pre-made) from the store? These old cookbooks are both eye opening (full of recipes with lard and other things people will not eat now) but will teach you how to cook with ingredients you only know how to buy pre-made, these days. It does you very little good to stock up on flour, sugar, cornmeal, rice, oils, grease, etc. if you don't know what to do with it down the road... Not saying I do either, but it is something you CAN start doing now. Who knows, maybe your Mom can teach you something!

edit on 31-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

There is an old lady who has many videos on youtube, where she shows how to make meals with practically nothing. She lived through the depression and calls it "Depression Food"....she is soooooo cute! check her out when you can. Here is an article and video of her....and a link to her youtube channel.
consumerist.com...
edit on 31-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: added link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Definitely recommend speaking to your parents now about your concerns. You may want to also ask your parents to watch this video:

edit on 3/31/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
thanks for your input guys/ladies so what ive learned is to

1. calm down/enjoy life
2. make a list of supplies
3. start learning survival tricks
4. get some supplies

ok, i do know my surrounding areas, just wanted to say that my dad knows a lot about farming, because he was once a farmer, so i could learn off of him also

thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Your Young... And can have a HUGE disposable amount of money.. get a job.. use that money to buy food, water, survival stuff.. If you can convince your parents make a deal with them or once they see how serious you are about it all maybe they will join in after.. This is easier said then done i know.. I tried to tell my family and friends last october thru december and i have 15 years of data to back up alot of what i was saying and even though NOT one of them could prove me wrong, fear set in and they dismissed the information i knew every reaction i was going to get from every person i told so was no surprise however they can NEVER come to me and ask why i never said anything if i knew what was going on.. But To your problem id say your in a better situation then you first think, as long as you acted!. Research areas you think would be good have plans written out on how to act to different situations you may face in your area. Do what is in your means and don't dwell on the whole thing go out with friends and do what you normally would do. Find like minded people in your area and get togethor..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Glad to help! Remember, knowledge is POWER. What are we afraid of? THE UNKNOWN.....so learn, make a list, put together a kit, and don't believe everything you read....learn from people who know what they are talking about. There are a lot of people out there who just LOVE doom LOL! They will post anything, true or not.So be careful who you believe.... Your Dad being a farmer is good for you, as he will know what to do! I doubt any of this is even necessary, but for your own peace of mind, do it......then forget the doom, know you have done all you can do, and push it to the back of your mind....then go out and enjoy your life! ((((hugs))))) Kat

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot, "DON"T PANIC !!!!!!!"
panic is absolutely the worst thing you can do. When you get to the SHTF point, don't worry, because panic is the last thing your gonna want to have on your mind. Stay frosty, and above all, keep everything in perspective, I mean it might be the end of everything, but what the hell, ya never know it might turn out to be the coolest thing you've ever experienced and it STILL might turn out ok in the end.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

This makes me very very sad.

All I can say is please remember that 85% of what you read is probably rubbish if not more.
You're young you have your youth be happy and live life if something bad happens your parents will take care of you.

Also if you find you begin to worry too much, have anxiety, stress to just take a break from all the information out there it can cause health problems you do not need at a young age.

It is ok to be ignorant sometimes and simply just enjoy life.
If something bad is going to happen most likely anything we do to prepare won't be much of help what is meant to be will be and there's nothing we can do about it but enjoy life in the moment.

So just be young and free and live it while you can.
There are people on here who have done nothing but sit in their mothers basements terrified of what's going to happen in the world spoon feeding fear to others while they never experience what life truly is.
Don't let this happen to you.

If you look back at old old post you'll find that people have been saying it's "dooms day" every other day and making all kinds of predictions for a very long time and most never happen then they just change the date for another time and keep waiting and waiting and waiting.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join