It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art Without Boundaries Association...Rather odd...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was haunting craigslist and came upon an ad for a "compassionate artist." I clicked, figuring I fit that category pretty well. The ad said that all avenues would lead you to a "test" online and you had to take this test which measured your ability to read and comprehend... And there were no other details, really. Just emotional wording and such.

Curious, I clicked to go to the site - the "test" - I guess. Well, it took me to a test, designed to make one feel as if one grasped a whole lot, and in the end, wanted $3000 to be "mentored" via the web. It was a slick approach, and I was curious... Who were these people, The Art Without Boundaries Association?

I did a search for ["The Art Without Boundaries Association" examination], figuring I would get examinations of who these people were and what they do... I got - well, initially it said 3 pages on Google, but as frequently happens, when I got to page 2...I only had two pages. Anyway...

Virtually all of the responses were like this:

Train to become a MnemeTherapist Join the Art Without Boundaries Association for training and certification in MnemeTherapy. MnemeTherapist work with individuals with autism, ...

Or other such.

On these two whole pages, of these precisely 20 returns, there are four different sites listed all with this weird list of terms:

... pantyless pic, mean rude sarcastic quotes, The Art Without Boundaries Association, pdf de ASTM 653, cheat sheat for house of anubis: secreat within ...

WTF?

Um... Discuss?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Phishing for money like most people do on the web.

They are probably going to use your ip address to blackmail another company for money now.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Pantyless Autism instructor?
Where do I sign up for my therapy...?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Phishing for money like most people do on the web.

They are probably going to use your ip address to blackmail another company for money now.

Well, yes. I had the AWBA figured out quite quickly. [smile] It was just that those four entries rather caught me...uh...by surprise.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ROFL!

Oh, what more need I say! LOLOL!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I personally don't know what to think about that ...I got this off of thefreemanperspective.blogspot.com... I hope it helps......peace Anubis states, "I have come to protect Osiris."
Evidence suggests that, in one part of Egypt at least, Anubis was the great god of the Underworld, and his rank and importance seem to have been as great as those of Osiris.

Anubis [ANPU] signifies the Summer Solstice which in the time of Akhenaten would have been June 24th, St. John's/Freemasonry Day - Mid-Summer or the Egyptian New Year's Day, the 1st of Thoth, is signaled by the rise of Sirius. Anubis, although cynocephalus, does not represent the Dog Star but, is protectorate of its goddess, Isis.

"Typhon [Set], the evil one, could do no harm to the realm of Osiris. When Osiris came again, Typhonplotted with seventy-two comrades, and with Aso, the queen of Ethiopia, to slay him; and secretly got the measure of the body of Osiris, and made ready a fair chest, which was brought into his banqueting hall when Osiris was present together with other guests. By a ruse Osiris was induced to lie down in the chest, which was immediately closed by Typhon and his fellow conspirators, who conveyed it to the Tanaitic mouth of the Nile.
The first to know were the Pans and Satyrs, who dwelt hard by Panopolis: and finally the news was brought to Isis at Coptos, whereupon she cut off a lock of hair and put on mourning apparel. She then set out in deep grief to find her husband's body, and in the course of her wanderings she discovered that Osiris had been united with her sister Nephthys, and that Anubis was the offspring of the union. Isis tracked him by the help of dogs, and bred him up to be her guard and attendant. The Book of the Dead
The mysteries of Osiris in 2nd century Rome were described as such:
“Immediately after those came the deities, condescending to walk upon human feet, the foremost among them rearing terrifically on high his dog’s head and neck—that messenger between heaven and hell displaying alternately a face black as night, and golden as the day; in his left the caduceus, in his right waving aloft the green palm branch. His steps were closely followed by a cow [Sopdet (Sirius in Egyptian)], raised into an upright posture—the cow being the fruitful emblem of the Universal Parent, the goddess herself, which one of the happy train carried with majestic steps, supported on his shoulders. By another was borne the coffin containing the sacred things, and closely concealing the deep secrets of the holy religion.”
From the Golden Ass of Apuleius (Book ix)

Mummification was practiced to preserve a corpse so that life could continue after death and this was the domain of the mortuary god, Anubis

Anubis "Lord of the mummy wrappings" presided over mummification and funeral rites. Since the Egyptians regarded the afterlife as a continuation of their earthly existence, the correct preservation of the corpse was vital. Accompanying the body were detailed incantations, designed to be a guide to the underworld, or a scarab beetle bearing a spell to keep the dead from confessing their sins before Anubis. Anubis first performed in this function when Osiris was killed by Set.
Anubis' next appearance will be at the Denver International Airport

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The world appears to have an over abundance of snake oil. Perhaps we could use these people as an alternative to fossil fuel. I doubt we will ever reach 'peak snake oil'. It just keeps on coming!

IRM

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I actually know a twist on this method that many black hat internet "marketers" do. It's not as cruel as taking someones money. But still muddy waters.

What they do is post job openings on ad websites, and responses are met with a request to take an online IQ test to determine whether they're applicable for the job. They make around $10 a test doing that. The difference being the people being robbed are advertisers and corporations, rather than individuals.

Some people have no morals, and the internet and these people together is bad news.

Go on a forum called BlackHatWorld and see some of the stuff they get up to. It's not all illegal by any means, but will give you a help staying ahead of new frauds. If people are making money from it, they're talking about it on there

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Thank you for the informative post. I did a search for the pdf mentioned, but it seems to have something to do with manufacturing specs. A great deal of weirdness in that listing.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Indeed. Snake oil runs rampant. Though I did read what they have to say and think that their approach is likely to help some. Still, it was not the technique, per se, that was being sold, but the mentoring service.

Be that as it all may, I am quite mystified by 20% of the returns coming back with that set of terms - all completely unrelated.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Oh, I know about the scams and such that people do out there. There's a lot of 'em, indeed.

Thanks for your reply!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Encouraging folks to express themselves is a noble effort. But Mneme therapy seems a little suspect.

My therapeutic method for anyone that wants it is free of charge. I call it the Sub Genius popcorn ritual.

Praise Bob!

edit on 1-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
anubis=wepwauet=upnaut
i think it's an enki title, to be honest.
opener of the ways = key to the abzu.

new topics

top topics

join