It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about an "Actions" Forum?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I just don't see the problem, overclock.net is a good example. They have clubs for just about anything you can think of and it has never led to any problems.
If ATS can take contributions from members to form webshows i don't see why members can't have similar actions with the content they are providing.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

"Clubs" isn't a bad idea. I wonder if there could be a RATS type forum that was outside the search engines, and could allow more discussion. Maybe a Political RATS?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
reply to post by schuyler

Hey dont offend me!

Kind of my point.

I am a long time (german) musican and activist. I am researching all this stuff for more than a decade and always try to make others aware of it! I am a spiritual person and help many others to do their best for theirselfs.
I lead a few workshops and lectures, making alot of stuff like stencils, stickers and t shirts, writing books and short introductions regarding all the stuff that is up here.

Stencils, stickers, and t-shirts. Now that's what I call ACTION! Good for you. Vielen dank.

Actually i am working on leaving society and building up a community in southern europe. We use alternative itechnics and permaculture to find back to a natural way of life without leaving beneficial technologies behind!

Well good luck to you--a noble goal!

I do more actions than many of you do!!! so dont call me a sheople or a government agent! Can you say such about you?

There's the rub. From my point of view you (collectively) are acting like the people you tend to condemn. You call other people sheeple, but I think you (collectively) are. The reason I say that is that too many people here will believe any conspiracy they hear without any sort of discrimintory analyses. Whether it is reptilians in government, secret hidden planets, or the end of the world, you have a lot of people who swallow it all.

So my take-away from this is that if you were to advocate an "action," then that's my clue to oppose it. I don't doubt that many people here think of themselves as moral, enlightened, and spiritual. That kind of begs the question, of course. I don't believe in "Lightworkers," for example. It's an absurd egotistical concept. But moreover, though these moral, enlightened, spiritual people may consider themselves on the correct side of history, they are often very stupid about assigning blame to things they don't like. They often seem completely ignorant, ignorant of history, ignorant of the political process, and ignorant of the potential consequences of their actions. From an athropological poiint of view they are being very ethnocentric. So where many advocates of these conspiracies and alternate views do see themselves as moral, enlightened, and spiritual, I see them as ignorant, clueless, and naive.

This is really a done deal. It's over. Your choices appear to be two. Adhere to Terms & Conditions or leave. You could easily start your own 'advocacy' site for calls to "action." A site like ATS is expensive to run, but a basic site is not. So you could easily put your money where your mouth is and go do it. There's nothing stopping you. The deals out there for domain names and server space are amazing. It's almost trivial.

But what you are asking to do here is piggy-back off this successful site for your own political purposes. In other words, you get ATS to do the heavy lifting to pay for the site and create the traffic so that you can, for free, advocate for whatever it is you are into, some sort of revolution, presumably, or change of some sort. Doesn't matter.

Gee, did I offend you again? Then what happened? Nothing, right? See how that works?

Here's my gift to you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Maxmars

using your explanation society would never get anything done. no action would be taken on any matter as it would exclude some members or suffer reprocusions. the op has a point, no disraspect but i find that attitude stifling to ats..

kx

I'm sure many agree that the proscription against activism can be stifling - if your aim is activism. It is not the intention of the environment our hosts wish to engender, at least as I understand it. The question your position raises is "What is ATS?" I find that question hard to answer outside the context of a platform of forums for people to engage in civil discourse about matters not forthcoming elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with discussing what needs to be done, or what has or hasn't been done that should or shouldn't have been. If you demand a platform for launching initiatives ... this isn't that place. It's not personal or focused on any particular ideals.

Sadly, I have heard these complaints before.... and when we stop some people from engaging in activism about which you disagree, you'll probably not complain. And it will be their turn to decry the evils of restraint.

ats is focused on ideals and some things are allowed to news and others not. yesterday i started a couple of threads.. one about that crazy pastor wanting to burn the koran and his next plan to march on a mosque and the other one on anon magazine explaing who anon were and how they operate.
This morning i find my anon thread has been trashed. It was trashed because it contained links to tools which coul be used for hacking. Google can be used to hack and it contains lots of links to tools that can be used for hacking.. is google banned..no. Just the anon link is.
The pastor thread is still there, It gives the location of the next march and it gives links to national koran burning day. Now the burning of korans has led to the death of between 10-20 people but that can stay and the anon thread is trashed.
The information in itself is not bad it is how people use it. but ats still choose to censor certain subjects and they choose to ban the thread that peeps can use for peaceful hactivism and leave the thread that may incite death.
This is meant to be an alterative news sight, but evidently some topic are well off limits and that in itself is a polical statement. How different is ats to all those countries that set up national firewall or those governemnts that ban wikileaks etc.
I understand that this site it private and I have to work within the terms and conditons but lets no kid ourselves, these terms and conditions are subjective in nature. I had a thread up before linking to an avaaz petition to free bradley manning.. the thread got trashed, a few days later another thread was up linking to an avaaz petition to safe the rainforest or something. that thread was left. Either the letter of the law should apply to all or none.

This is the same as book burning and for now I will leave it at that...

thank you for reply and happy days
kx
edit on 4-4-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Sadly i see the dilemma in here...

I wanted to let the discussion run because of what came out now...

Here is now my first action:
Present for you! Bilderberg Tshirt design!

I am out!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

JimIrie, i was thinking similar thoughts yesterday. i was wondering what other people do in their lives to promote knowledge and awareness.

And since there is no need to re-invent the wheel, i also wondered what organizations ATS people support, contribute to, volunteer at or what have you. I figured there is probably a lot of grass-roots campaings already underway, no need to start another.

From my short time on ATS i can't imagine this info being shared here. actually getting involved and taking action is beyond the scope of this site, IMHO. i'm sure the owner(s) have reasons they feel are good ones, but that really doesn't matter, someone owns this site and they are going to run it as they see fit.

meanwhile we the site users will just continue to peck at keyboards. They report the news, they don't make it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join