It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 8 Best Protesters Ever, In Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
govtslaves.info...

So you want to protest,well at least have the balls to do it right instead of standing in the background holding your silly little sign.You have to be original and it has to come from the heart,or better yet just sit back in the comfort of your home and look at some pics.

Protestors are,by their very nature,badass.Whether or not you agree with whatever it is they're standing for,you have to agree that it takes balls to go up against an entire system of government-one comprised of thousands of highly trained,expertly equipped police and soldiers-using whatever you can find in the street on the walk down to the battlefield.

Disclaimer (In no way do i support protesting as we should all do exactly what we are told and accept whatever we are given)

Now to try and embed these pictures or should i wait for someone with the skills to do it?Thanks in advance
govtslaves.info...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
this has to be the best of them all..lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is pretty badass.......

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I think you missed one. The Chinese student who stood in front of moving tanks during the Tiananmen Square uprising.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

possibly one of the bravest protesters out there/

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Hòa thượng Thích Quảng Đức was a Vietnamese Mahayana Buddhist monk who burned himself to death at a busy Saigon road intersection on 11 June 1963.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux
This is pretty badass.......

She has the biggest cajone's of all
Her Story here
govtslaves.info...
Ext Text
This picture was taken at the Amona outpost, West Bank, when armed-to-the-teeth riot police raided the unarmed shanty-town to evict the settlers. There are about twenty cops on the other side of that shield, all of them rushing downhill at full-tilt toward one elderly Jewish woman who looks like she just dropped a casserole dish mid-wash when she realized she was late to the mid-afternoon riot.

Twenty riot police on full charge, against one old Jewish woman, and
She.
Is.
Holding.
She looks like she’d be denied a part in a LifeAlert commercial on the grounds of frailty, and here she is Gandalfing the holy # out of two dozen riot cops.
Two things had to have happened after this photo: One, every single one of those cops turned around, went home, called their mothers and apologized for every cross word they’d ever said. And two: One very old Jewish lady picked herself up, dusted off her apron, walked calmly back to her home, closed the door, took a deep breath, hurled the stove through the wall to vent the excess energy, and then quietly finished scrubbing up.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

To me, killing yourself to make a statement really doesn't help the cause you're fighting for. Now the guy who loaded his truck and blew himself up inside a Libyan strong hold, helped out the opposition forces. But than again, both protesters had to have a deep and strong belief in their cause to do what they did.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Ah it stings my eyes, mummy.How do you deal with a cow during an uprising?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Someone needs to pull the picture from Maxim magazine a few months ago. There was a guy who was peeing on riot police!! I was laughing my butt off while reading.

Edit: I would do it but I can not from work, sorry

edit on 3/30/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Don't forget Riot Dog:

knowyourmeme.com...

ETA: i.crackedcdn.com... That dude is so badass! But you gotta give it to the monk, the Tiananmen Square guy or the bee fellow, I mean come on.

edit on 30/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
dude... this is absolutely one of the best things i've read in a ages.

Thank you

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dont know what these standup protesters are talking about but they are getting some laughs

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-5-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In August of 2000, then Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien took a pie to the face compliments of a man who was protesting the government's inaction on the matter of genetically modified food. The protester ended up with a one-month jail sentence and a token fine.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ee9d0389cb1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by 12voltz

I think you missed one. The Chinese student who stood in front of moving tanks during the Tiananmen Square uprising.

Hands down, THEE baddest, well known, protester, ever.
Every time I see this photo or the footage, I always get goose bumples.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

Do you think anyone notice him walking around with a pie thinking to themselves, "why does this man have a pie?", as if they do not know what comes next!

Oh My I love a good Laugh!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by 12voltz

Shear Baddassery! I remember watching it and the tanks would turn to go around him and he would move in front of them where ever they went. He wasn't the only one either.
edit on 29-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

join