It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait, we dont get bunkers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So i was playing cod MW2 and i was wondering dont the civilians have bunkers in case of SHTF or like an invasion of some sort. Is is really only the rich and military or do we really have to fend for our selves.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Thats the plan. After wards they have promised us a tax break though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

I remember seeing lots of bunkers in the Maysan province of Iraq but most of them looked abandoned by the ravages of time. Those are the only ones that I know of that practically everyone can use since we hardly see anyone in them.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
if it were up to me i would love to just keep out the govermental types.... would be a great laugh watching them beg for once.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

1. There is billions of people on Earth..Would you save someone willing to give you millions of dollars or someone that will give close to nothing in comparison...

2. They need to save room for the more important people like the president.

3. I'm terrible at ending list's... I'd love to be in one of those bunkers but I don't have any money... Hope this was a good enough explanation.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
im sorry but the president is not an "important person" lmao

he lied his way into office, let him rot there.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
the double post fairy strikes again
edit on 29-3-2011 by tokzik because: sorry

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No we don't get bunkers...

if there is a nuclear war you will be lucky to get 10 minutes warning through the emergency broadcast system, from then on your on your own and no government is going to think about you

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You have to realize that this reality is just a game ... as explained in the Matrix. The world's population is destroyed and a few are "allowed" to survived to begin the game again. Everything repeats itself almost to a "T," with the exception of the names (i.e. America = Atlantis).

In the future, there will be tales of America and of high technology that destroyed itself by a nuclear bomb, etc. There will be new religions setup to control the people, and any survivors - other than the intended ones - will be killed off, called witches, etc. The new church will steal any relevant information from other survival groups and keep them in secret libraries. Towards the end of that new cycle, they will leak out more information regarding the previous cycle and its destruction.

I know this to be a FACT! How, you ask? Learned it right here on ATS. I'm no dummy - my mind is like a super computer - I can put it all together.

Okay, got to go ... Mom's calling me to dinner.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
We had air raid shelters during the second world war and air raid wardens to warn us of when 'Ze Germans' were coming. Of course, some of them were personal (family) ones

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
We had air raid shelters during the second world war and air raid wardens to warn us of when 'Ze Germans' were coming. Of course, some of them were personal (family) ones

The thing being, we are not in the 2nd world war and the nature of warfare has changed

There will be little or no warning, if the elites are going to slope off to their bunkers, they really aren't going to give two hoots about us, they will have their best, finest and brightest ready to start over.

link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Well put the more you read the more it makes sense...but kills darwins idea as if the rich survive surely well devolve into single celled organisms again... then back to US.

But i do agree

link   
I think there are enough if you look for them...

There are a couple bunkers in the hills in front of me, not quite upvto the usual standards as they are left over from D-Day, and on the hill behind me are this is around 11 miles of underground tunnels that link a half dozen underground complexes that I would defiantly consider hiding in should it ever become necessary.

I guess it depends if you want super luxury or just to survive...
edit on 29/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I think there are enough if you look for them...

There are a couple bunkers in the hills in front of me, not quite upvto the usual standards as they are left over from D-Day, and on the hill behind me are this is around 11 miles of underground tunnels that link a half dozen underground complexes that I would defiantly consider hiding in should it ever become necessary.

Yes there are lots of underground bunkers and dis-used sites, but they will most certainly be guarded when the SHTF, if not then you may or may not have enough time to get to them... but having said that, there might be 1000's of people all with the same idea, to go to the nearest one they can find.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Pay attention to just before and just after any significant natural disaster worldwide and you will learn that you must be prepared to take care of yourself, your family, your friends and do not expect immediate help from the gubment. If it comes, it won't be very quick and you might die waiting for it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I know that, I was just giving an example. The 'elites' cared about us enough then to not let us die, why wouldn't they now? If they were going to start all over again, they would need a lot of people around for the manual labour (infrastructure and the like would be decimated after a nuke). They would hardly do it themselves

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Granted, but someone with their head screwed on will get their first and lock everyone else out *evil laugh*

On a serious note, I guess it depends on what is happening...I really would not want to be holed up underground, even if it meant death I think I would prefer to try and take to the seas..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
ok so i take in my surroundings but .........wtf am i supposed to do im only 16

i mean my dad used to be a construction contractor, so i have a LOT of tools in my dads shed, i think 3 sledge hammers, 5 hammers, an axe, crowbar, 7 shovels, 3 heavy duty chains, saws, a generator, and couple of gallons of oil.

i tried convincing him to get a rifle, but that didnt work out too well

new topics

top topics

join