It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iman al-Obeidi faces criminal charges over Libya rape claim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Iman al-Obeidi faces criminal charges over Libya rape claim

www.guardian.co.uk

Iman al-Obeidi faces criminal charges over Libya rape claimGovernment spokesman says legal case has been brought against Libyan woman by the men she accused of attacking her
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Iman al-Obeidi I believe is in a very bad situation... Not because her claims of rape are unfounded, instead because she is an extreme threat to a backwards way of thinking by what passes for a "man" in these ME countries.

Im afraid she will be stoned to death after a staged trial, they do not want an educated woman to cause a womans movement over there you know that is for certain.

I hope they can free her, if they can I think she could be a potential new leader for the new free Libya.

This would be prodigious, then the rebels would have fought for the freedom of women aswell.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Libya doesn't include stoning as capital punishment. Not sure where YOU got this information from. Only the "die hard" countries that bend Islam to their will rather than following Islam allow stoning in their countries. And thats 6 countries. Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, and Nigeria.

The article doesn't mention anything about stoning, so I'm not sure why you'd throw that into your post. Hate mongering?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This Ibrahim looked like a real snake in that interview, they can't even get their official story straight or answer a simple question - WHERE is Obeidi? She needs to be removed from the clutches of Moammar's security forces, the very same she accuses of raping her and others from rebel-held towns.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sometimes I do think its best to be judged from the most highest who can see ALL. an IMAN smh. Somewhere here role modelling took a downspin.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

To get people to engage emotionally and not rationally.

Im glad she is being charged. My opinion, OPINION, based on my viewing of the video of her breaking into the press conference is that she is not telling the truth. I dont find her demeanor credible at all. Personally.

So I could not be more glad that she is going to be held to a legal standard in terms of supporting her claims. While I am no fan of Gaddafi specifically, much of the allegations against him have smacked of not only pure propaganda, but bad propaganda at that. Including this "victim."

And for those who want to talk about the brutality of Gaddafi and how terrified you are for this woman I would just remind you that in the US, you can be held in jail for life without a trial thanks to Obama. So if she even gets a day in court she is being treated better than we treat some people.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That is one asinine statement.

The reactions of the Libyan officials on the video speak more loudly than her accusations do; they wanted to shut her up fast and even started assaulting reporters to hush the incident down.

That and the eye witnesses of the rope marks on her wrists and ankles convinces me that she was gang-raped. Gang rape has been a standard tool of terror in Gadaffy's regime for a long time.

That will be some so-called trial, a kangaroo court if there ever was one.

So when does she get to bring up rape charges against her attackers?

Don't hold your breath for that to happen.

S & F OP.
edit on 29-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Add

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I wouldnt be to sure about it man. May be she was raped maybe she wasnt. There are can be a massive amount of lies and truths in these kind of situations especially if your in a warzone, tricks just keep building up. People can be very very convincing. all you need are some great actors.

I bet you even peaceful civialians are bieng raped by lybian rebels and not just by Gaddafhis military. Violent people want violence, smart peaceful people tend to evade violence or evacuate in most occasions. Yet again alot of them are drawn into it without wanting it.

What would happen if the USA revolutionized against its government? who do you think are going to be the rebel fighters?

The same thugs, phycos, gangs, that kill innocent people everyday and rob you, those same group people that you are afraid of when walking in the streets of this world because you think they want to mug you, rape you or break into your home. These people are also going to be the "rebels" fighting against the government because thats who they have been hating most of their lives,well atleast most of them do.

Then again the first 2 setences are my personal opinion. The rest may also seem like my own selfish opinion but they are facts and I think people who are interested in these kinds of hell like situations should definately take it as accountable. and i will learn from your knowledge even if you dont agree with mine.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Whirpool because: forgot more

edit on 29-3-2011 by Whirpool because: forgot more

edit on 29-3-2011 by Whirpool because: sorry

edit on 29-3-2011 by Whirpool because: whoops

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

O really? Because if some nut comes up in front of the press in the US and starts raving we dont drag them away?

Hypocrite.

And this guy isnt even making allegations of atrocities to a foreign press that can be used to justify strikes against the US.

We all know that our "government ofiicials" treat our citizens more violently in the US ALL THE TIME. Do we need to start posting videos of our cops beating the snot out of people?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You would compare an innocent woman's gang-rape, to a couple of slaps and punches by some out of control cops?

Being a guy, maybe you would have more sympathy for this lady if you were over-powered, forceably held down, and anally raped by the thugs the government employed?

The rope marks tell the tale. This woman was spread-eagled by ropes on her wrists and ankles, and raped by dozens of men.

All in Gaddafy's employ.

EDIT: "Hypocrite" Thanks for the name calling; it proves you are out of your depth.
edit on 31-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
it all seemed very set up to me...this is a propagada war going on remember.....the powers that be,are having a hard time trying to get the public to back a war none of us want..

it all seems very well timed ...she happen to be busting in at the right place and time....but then you have to think if she is a propagada tool for the west..she a brave women....and to say look how they treated her by covering her mouth..well on english main stream media they actually said they gagged her ...complete rubbish of course,as we all see it,but those that only see the headlines,and dont look in depth like us readers here...it looks a really good reason to put grounds troops in.

i'm not a fan of gaddafi but my opinion is its better to have a stable despot in charge then all out civil war.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here is more information for those who would like more information on this woman and her situation.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are 39 links at the bottom, and around 10 videos I believe.

This womans story will spark big changes for all women in the middle east, especially if she is killed. I think the people who have her are making themselves look rather stupid and very guilty. This story is much bigger then the first reports, have a look for yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

that's just another propaganda tool....and every news crew in the world just happen to be there....and ive seen 3 different videos of the whole event...and that account is exaggerated...

also you have to remember..over half of all journalist in a war situation are infact agents IE: MI6 CIA gathering intelligence.

gaddafi used to be wild in his younger days but he chilled out in his older age...gaddafi was not a threat to no one but BP,and personally i think the whole think been staged from the start..the whole rebel uprising,

British SAS operatives and several MI6 agents were caught by Libyan farmers after they were inserted from the HMS Cumberland. The operatives were confronted by the farmers who have ties to the opposition and were forced to open their bags. The farmers then detained the men after finding firearms, communications equipment, jamming devices and multiple passports. According to the British they were there to provide the forces who oppose Qaddafi with those materials. The plan backfired because no one knew they were coming and they looked like mercenaries and Qaddafi has hired mercenaries to come in and slaughter those who oppose him.

source

The first thing he noticed was Tom, a British man who had been working on the farm as its administration supervisor for the past five months. From what Rafah says, it now seems certain that Tom, if that is his real name, is in fact an MI6 agent. He was friendly with Tom, but thought it was strange to see him leaving his house on the farm at 3am. Tom drove off in his saloon car and another car, driven by someone not known to Rafah, followed behind. And that is when he heard the helicopter. Rafah, who was on guard duty with a small band of other farmhands, recalls: ‘We could not see it, only hear it. We think it landed in a field over there, about half a mile away. ‘A little while later, Tom and the two cars came back, except now the cars were full of men.’ Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 31-3-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

I think your statement is that of a terrorist sleeper cell, I believe you should be brought in for questioning immediately. Who else would consider Gadhafi stable???

No I dont believe that your a sleeper cell, Im just showing you how suspicions can cloud your judgement. I do not believe you have looked into this story enough to know what your talking about. I challenge you to take a better look. Use the post above your own for easy access. If you take the time to do so, I would like to see if you change your mind on this matter.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle

I think your statement is that of a terrorist sleeper cell, I believe you should be brought in for questioning immediately. Who else would consider Gadhafi stable???

No I dont believe that your a sleeper cell, Im just showing you how suspicions can cloud your judgement. I do not believe you have looked into this story enough to know what your talking about. I challenge you to take a better look. Use the post above your own for easy access. If you take the time to do so, I would like to see if you change your mind on this matter.

My comments are that of a sleeper cell WTF??,what an outrageous thing to say,have you ever been to tripoli...i have, infact ive been all over the world many times,and let me tell you,libya is not a 3rd world country,and yes gaddafi is a despot,but not a idoit or the monster he being painted as,you dont hold on to power for 40 years for being stupid,and infact the whole rebel uprising was orchestrated by al-qaeda and gaddafi was infact only trying to rid his country of al-qaeda.
just one example of what gaddafi was saying before the west decided to turn on him.

I put it to you that your pushing a agenda,clearly you believe all you see and read in the MSM..this whole libya affair is a fast..there are many more dangerous countrys out there in this world..and a few of them are infact suopported by the UK and US..this has nothing to do with how gaddafi treats his people..its all about the elite getting there own way..and the CIA/MI6 is there weapon.

The CIA/MI6 is a fundamentally lawless organization that secretly influences events around the globe.

If we the west are really on a humanitarian mission then why are we not condemning saudi arabia,why are we the west supporting yemen,why are we not removing the north korean leader kim jong,consindering how he treats his people ..i could go on and on.

Yes if true this women was gang raped,then i feel deeply for her...but you have to understand..this is all hypocrisy..and to tell me i should read up more to have a better understanding..maybe you should be reading up more and researching whats really goin on...just one example..in 2010..the UK sold gaddafi sniper rifles..and other weapons..once again i could go on and on..so please dont push your agenda on me,as clearly i know a lot more about whats really going on then you sir.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

For someone who knows so much why do you never really say anything ever? I have seen how you skirt around things in all your posts and try to make it seem like you know something, but you are saying nothing new ever. I also think your full of crap... Im 12 years old and you are not my equal...

As for the sleeper cell comment I was making a point, but you couldnt even understand that... Go read some more spy mags... wannabe

connect the dots with this woman and all the other things your talking about which didnt belong in this thread...

tic toc
edit on 1-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: ....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

you descended into febal insults,which suggest you lost the argument..and as for going off topic,i believe it was relevant as to put my point across.

and i see you took the time to stalk my profile,and read up on my posts,surely you have better things to do with your day.

anyhow i'm done with this thread,you lowered the tone.
goodluck in all you do.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread681968/pg1#pid10964729]post by snapperski /url]

Pfffft... You flatter yourself assuming that I went to your profile, I made that statement based on the memory of your posts from numerous threads Ive read. Im sorry the truth hurts your fragile ego...

Your "feeble" attempts at conjecture are self serving, as you have failed to really say anything, but thats no big suprise...

You have failed to convince me that this womans story is pure propaganda, it is you who is indeed finished...

So lower your head and tuck your tail between your legs as you leave...

edit on 1-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

this sort of thing is going on all the time in iraq..but a lot worse..from us soliders..

so instead of pushing this pro war agenda in libya...why are you not shouting to the roofs about many storys like the one below.

here one of many examples..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Alleged Libyan rape victim no longer in government custody

Link to story

www.cnn.com...

Interrogators poured water on her face and threw food at her during the relentless questioning, which ended only after she was examined by a doctor to prove she had been raped, she told CNN's AC360."And when the test came it verified that I was raped and tortured, and then I was freed," she said, speaking by telephone through a translator.

She will be on Anderson 360 tonight...

new topics

top topics

join