It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does TV glorify cops breaking the law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Why is it on every TV show featuring cops that they are shown beating people, illegally interrogating and violating our civil rights? I think it is a combination of that it is true and they want you to accept it as normal. I would ask your opinion but I don't care what you think. Just comment if you want.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
I would ask your opinion but I don't care what you think.

What a stupid thread.

I was going to contribute, but you're not worth it.. ha

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Another thing those shows do is make subtle political statements, just tossed in matter of factly. How am I to know if they are just script stuff or pointed propaganda.

And another thing. More and more of these shows have the cop, who needs to obey the law hence allowing the dirty low down scum to go free and pillage and rape some more, partnered with a non police/FBI consultant type who does NOT have to obey the law whose actions then catch the villain. Could this be an attempt to get viewers ready to accept private police forces. (see private armies)?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yes, it's called conditioning. I have been saying this exact same thing for years. My son is 21 now, but when he was about 10 or 11 my wife was watching one of her stupid cop shows that she watches ALL THE TIME!!! and he walks in and says, "Mom, don't you know that this show is teaching people that it is OK for the police to violate the constitution?" Yes, he was about 10 or 11...

As much as I really enjoy Law & Order, I can't hardly watch it because I see the conditioning aspect of it so clearly that I want to throw the TV through a window...

Oh, and I don't care what you think of my opinion, so don't bother to reply to me.
edit on 26-3-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

thanks for the intelligent reply

link   
reply to post by thewanger

Wow way to get yourself banned. Hope you had fun here while it lasted.

Peace, NRE.

link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Why is it on every TV show featuring cops that they are shown beating people, illegally interrogating and violating our civil rights? I think it is a combination of that it is true and they want you to accept it as normal. I would ask your opinion but I don't care what you think. Just comment if you want.

Because it's coooooooooooool brah!

In all seriousness, I believe it's conditioning designed to opress peoples rights by scaring them "straight" and making them feel like they cannot beat the police.

As a result, we sit back and let them do what they want. You can see the damage of this is rampant, even on ATS. You see people with these extremist views saying things like, "I believe police should shoot anyone with a gun" etc etc. Either they are shills, or more likely, they are properly conditioned citizens that are indoctrinated into thinking this is the most efficient way to run things.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

Agreed.
When i was growing up i watched those shows and marveled at how the tough guy cop would corner the bad guy into a confession.
Of course in the show you actually saw the bad guy commiting the crime so you knew he was guilty.
I grew up believing that most if not all cops were street smart and could pick the bad guy out of a crowd.
And then i grew up and realized that was a load of crap.
Nowadays when i watch one of my wifes shows with her, (As i cannot escape her) i seethe when i see how they treat the bad guy, knowing they're breaking dern near all of his / her civil rights.
Sometimes i point it out to her and she says but he's the bad guy.
I then explain, what if it was one of our kids and they were innocent?
She sometimes sees things my way.
S&F on you as it is something i think about regularly.

(Edit)
I do care, and apparently you are male or you own a poultry farm!
edit on 26-3-2011 by g146541 because: They come to snuff the rooster.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Minimal OP with no interest in discussing the material presented.
Thread closed.

Starting A New Thread? Look Here.

Thank you.

Hefficide
ATS Forum Moderator.

top topics

join