It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Ahead Be an American - This pretty much Sums it All Up!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
SnF

I call on Semper Fi to distribute this far and wide thru the peace officers union. That they may understand where their fellow citIzens, of this great nation are coming from, in the hope that they will stand with us, instead of against us. When the inevitable day comes, that we the people, attempt to take back their country, from the thieves that have looted her. Semper you believe in God . This I know. I pray that you will do this. As one believer to another.

Randyvious

I applaued your post op. I wish I could give all my stars and stripes for this puupy.

Congress you are FIRED.
edit on 26-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
great poem!!! I was reading the poem at the exact time i was listing to this beat www.youtube.com... ---- beat starts at 20 seconds great god thats greatness ,great post ,great poem

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just copy the link to this article in your facebook and it pastes it nicely on your page with the title and 1st paragraph popping up as a teaser.
Just an easy way to spread this around. Paste this link:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by Deebo
Hmm I am confused... When a fella like Jared Loughner comes along and takes out the trash, you all whine about how crazy he is, and pray for the politicians recovery. Not advocating what he did, but I do not understand. You hate them yet support them at the same time.

Deebo

edit on 26-3-2011 by Deebo because: add

Correction, I prayed for the HUMAN BEINGS recovery. I wish that the current political SYSTEM in our country would die, not the PEOPLE who run it.

There's a difference there that you need to recognize.

To the OP. Thank you for sharing that. It is excellent. Worthy of my Facebook page actually.

If you call a politician and a federal judge "human" than you seriously need to wake up and relearn. If they were, they would have resigned a week or so after they took power and saw the corruption. We never see that, they get hooked and thirst for even more power.

I do not advocate nor condone any violence whatsoever against anyone. But I wont shed a tear if some guy knocks off politicians/judges.

Deebo
edit on 26-3-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

You say you are opposed to killing 9year old girls, oh yeah and "that politician". What my intuitive read of your post says you say what you have to say to placate the people who you have to, to get it in print, but you reveal what you really think. Give up the false front. Frankly, you'r doing a piss poor job of "field maneuvers" to hide an extreme view point. I just don't buy your "qualifications". You are vulgar and obvious, and at least to me, scary. "Won't shed a tear if someone kills politicians and judges" ? Oh but you must have misquoted, your self. A bold face lie dressed up as a "oh, let me say what I ACTUALLY am thinking..." Don't insult the people who read this post, like to read this site. Most on ATS, certainly I disagree with some, try to act decent but more then that at least try to be honest.

Now that you know my view of your "real views," and honesty NOT... Yes politics is a pig trough, one must comply or not get very far or be in certain non-elected positions of influence. True power does not come from control of others, mocking "The People" for fun and profit. Be it the post-national entities; Corporate, institutional, and wealth used as a blunt instrument. Connections and greed that does not give one f****** damn about anything past their pitiful though not-to-underestimate destructive 2 dimensional mind. A very big child-mind with THE REAL weapons of mass destruction. No empathy, sense of decency, or dignity of man. The blind ignorance of "hey, let the little people go f themselves." The Founding Fathers took that in to account when they wrote the most amazing document in history, The Constitution of the United States of America. Future history will expose those who soil our Constitution with such blatant lies. Brothers and Sisters will they be humiliated...[MODS: Why did you NOT quote this individuals entire post? Not talking lots of space...]

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

arbiture; Ok, now it's all quoted...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
"A very interesting column.. COMPLETELY NEUTRAL"

This isn't neutral at all. Only conservatives, republicans and property owners complain about taxes. I don't know what planet this guy is living on. Maybe he's never had to pay rent or worry about his lights getting turned off. The bank has ripped me off way more than the government ever has just in overdraft charges alone.

Obama finally passed a law so they had to stop ripping off the poor. How can they not know how much is in my bank account or give me money that I don't have when I'm using a debit card? I always knew it was a scam and then they finally forced them to give people the option to not make the card work if there was no money in your account. Sounds simple to me but they always said they couldn't do it because of some bla bla bla. Finally the government had to actually pass a law to get them to stop.

I haven't even been able to pay taxes in over 15 years because I've never been able to get over the poverty line. Never been able to own land or a house. I don't own a car because I take the subway. I don't really own much except a few computers I build myself and some books. Whenever you hear people complain about taxes just remember the guy probably isn't eating Ramen noodles or late on his rent.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks so much for this thread, I wish I had seen this one when he wrote it several years back. I understand some of the numbers were changed by the author to update the article, but it still rings true. I'm spreading this article around like a communicable disease

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

Yay Charles! No fear and telling it like it is! Nice find AD....
Made me think of this....

One, two, three, four...
Hrmm!
One, two, (one, two, three, four!)

Let me tell you how it will be;
There's one for you, nineteen for me.
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don't take it all.
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

(if you drive a car, car
- I’ll tax the street;
(if you try to sit, sit
- I’ll tax your seat;
(if you get too cold, cold
- I’ll tax the heat;
(if you take a walk, walk
- I'll tax your feet.

Taxman!

'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

Don't ask me what I want it for, (ah-ah, mister Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more. (ah-ah, mister heath)
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

Now my advice for those who die, (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes. (taxman)
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

And you're working for no one but me.

Taxman!

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I disagree that it is only the fault of the 545 people. When there is a constant revolving door of bureaucrats and politicians it's both the special interests and politicians fault. Along with the 300 million citizens that support these corporations and politicians with the money from their wallets.

It's not government that is the problem. It's the values of the people from top to bottom.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Good point -- but our problem is NOT taxes -- it has never been lower (federally, at least). We have a revenue shortfall.

GM, made $14.5 Billion in profits worldwide. They got BACK about $13 million from our government instead of paying taxes.

>> The 545 are also enabled by our Media, which works for the same companies that they do.

And you CANNOT replace everyone in the government, when elections allow for corporations to PAY for a candidate. In theory, everyone could suddenly "wake up" but they consistently vote in the biggest crook because he's got all the commercials telling you what a crook his opponent is.

People who THINK the problem is taxes -- vs. representation, are probably the people voting for the biggest crooks who promise them Cheap Gas, Lower Taxes, and that Santa will keep bringing them presents. Our lower taxes are replaced by inflation because we print money and borrow to pay for Wars, Roads, Corporate Prisons, and mercenaries who cost ten times more than troops.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There is plenty of blame to be passed around, and for the most part, the machine of our civilization is headless and its momentum virtually unstoppable. You can blame Congress all you want... but the reality is that it's not such a simple moral problem, we cannot simply vote the right people in. The system is a filter, and no matter what or who you put into the system, its filter will only allow a narrow band of results to slip through. The government, corporations, Communism, Capitalism, the economy, and even our Democracies... rely upon the same invisible root structures. These root structures are made up of hierarchy.

It's easy to question and rail against Congresspeople (and many of them deserve it to varying degrees)... but does anybody ever ask the REAL question?

WHY DO WE ACCEPT A SYSTEM WHERE THE MANY ARE CONTROLLED BY THE FEW?

This goes for both governance and economics. We accept, rationalize, and tolerate a system where the very FEW can rule over (whether with a soft or hard touch) the many; where another very FEW can amass most of the wealth, land, and means of production and use the rest of us as servants/slaves (whether with or without tasty treats/incentives). We have been born into an INSANE system that seems to be clamoring along just fine but is actually barreling off a cliff. Most of us ignorantly behave as if this is the way things are meant to be, that this is the only way, that it's logical and acceptable. The reality is, we could be living in a virtually INFINITE manner of ways... and we can always change how we live if a large enough portion of the population were so inclined. We are in chains, whether we know it or not, the planet's ecosystems and species are in chains, whether they know it or not (and they are being destroyed by our civilization's directionless whims).

Our footprints of governments, businesses/economies, consumption/destruction, and our species in general is TOO BIG TO CONTROL. No matter who you put at the helm, things are going to get f***ed up. If you put a hybrid of the Mother Theresa and Albert Einstein themselves in charge of the planet, even they, despite any amount of intelligence, wisdom, and/or compassion, would cause unnecessary suffering/destruction/oppression. The problem is NOT the people, the problem is THE SYSTEM. We are insane because we continue to call for tweaks and reforms to a system that will produce the same general results over and over regardless. It's time to embrace more ecologically/economically/socially/psychologically sustainable localized and diverse communities which are less hierarchical and more horizontal. It's time to start experimenting with radically different ways of living on this planet that increase our freedom, purpose, fulfillment, and positive balance with each other and the biosphere.

"What people (aside from rulers) don't like about hierarchal societies is that they don't exist for all their members in the same way. They provide a life of unbelievable luxury and ease for the rulers and a life of poverty and toil for everyone else. The way rulers benefit from the success of the society is vastly different from the way the masses benefit, and the pyramids and the temples testify to the importance of the rulers, not to the masses who build them. And so it goes, through every phase of life in a hierarchal society." - Daniel Quinn, Beyond Civilization

"Every one of your systems is a utopian system. Democracy would be heaven--if people would just be better than people have ever been. Of course, Soviet Communism was supposed to have been heaven too--if people had just been better than people have ever been. Your justice system would work perfectly if people would just be better than people have ever been. And of course your schools would work perfectly under the same conditions." - Daniel Quinn, My Ishmael

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I love lobbyists. I will say it again I LOVE LOBBYISTS! They are the truth of what our nation is. They are the mirror of what lies inside the majority of humans. Lobbyists are my favorite part of our entire political system. Nothing can sum up our capitalism, indeed our American Society and way of life better than a little voice in your ear throwing money and gifts at you challenging you to sell out the American voters.

There is NO BETTER measure of the integrity of a Politician than an army of bribing corporate representatives.

It is like a giant pile of gold bars sitting there with a sign attached that says "Take one if you will sell out to big Business." That pile of gold bricks is missing at the end of every single business day on Capital Hill and gets restocked every morning.

MOST of these people care nothing for you, they care about money. The Reason? Because they are human beings. Mankind has yet to learn to control all of it's primitive urges. The Human who learns the words "I have enough to satisfy me" is indeed an evolved life form and should be treated like a new species.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Stellar! S&F I emailed this to spread the word

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
Well when you have taxation without representation there is only one thing to do....

Yeah, just like any time you're "s" out of luck, there's just one thing to do, and that's....

You wonder why you got holes in your shoes
You wonder why they got more money than you
You wonder why you got nothin' to lose
It makes no sense, don't try to figure it out

You gotta - Walk On Down
Walk On Down - Walk On Down
When you're s__ outta luck
There's just one thing to do and that's...
Walk On Down

Yeahhh.

S&F btw. Great post.
edit on 26-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Hmm. I agree with Mr. Reese's point of accountability and how no matter what they say, the politicians are (for the most part) involved in a racket. Especially the lobbying, which is the economic vehicle by which all the other problems occur.

When done properly, I don't think there is a problem with taxation. However, it must be fair. No more corporate loopholes and off-shoring funds never to be seen again. The corporations use our infrastructure much more than any individual citizen.

I don't drive teams of 18-wheelers on the highways, tearing new potholes and creating wear.
I don't use the vast majority of the data streams and telecom that the banks and big corporations do.
I don't use the railways hardly at all, but their upkeep is mandatory.
I don't use the national parks but perhaps once or twice in a life-time, per park, give or take. But, I don't appreciate their wholesale destruction for corporate profit.

I wouldn't have to use hardly as much fossil fuels if the transportation grid were geared towards my needs and not the needs of big business, the automotive industry and the petrochemical industry. Yet, I have to make the unreasonable monetary (car, insurance) and time-related (traffic) sacrifices on one end, and then pay even more on the other (gas) for a worse-off situation (pollution, urban sprawl and congestion). And in the end, they get subsidized and don't pay any taxes? You mean to tell me that for me to live a lifestyle that is not beneficial to my wallet, my mental well-being, my physical well-being, or my future environment, I actually have to pay somebody (subsidize) twice, once at the pump and then again on tax day - for them to provide me with that???

So, while I agree that the corruption is linked to the money, and the money is linked to corporate interest (via lobbying), I disagree that 100 years ago our nation was better than it is today (robber-barons? no child-labor laws?) or at that time that it was the best place to live on Earth.

Keep in mind that 1911 was towards the beginning of the Mexican Revolution. Keep in mind that that revolution started in a small mining town just south of the AZ-Mex border, where an American industrialist (one of many) was taking advantaged of poor labor to get rich off Mexican mineral wealth, taking it out of the Mexico forever. At that time, foreign interests (mostly the US and Spain) controlled 97% of Mexican land.

So, no, 100 years ago is not some ideal I'd like to go back to. If the taxes were going to the right places, I don't think we would be complaining so much. The journalist said it himself. You and I did not vote to go into Iraq and Afghanistan for even more state subsidized oil (twice-subsidized, by the way...R&D costs a lot, but so does the Muscle "we" provide). The more that this looks like the mafia, the more I feel that I'm getting a shake down by the local mafia bosses...all 545 and their team of lobby-goons.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I would like to suggest a movie. Children of Dune. If you compare that movie with what is happening today in the world, you would find no difference.

Paul moadib became a messiah but the world corrupted his name with blasphemy and religion. He sought to destroy what he once created because he regretted how it corrupted the land.

The story shows an empress who became an abomination / possessed and let madness consume her.

It shows a lot of philosophy like why you shouldnt let fear consume you.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate hate leads to destruction.

That is why humanity should stand up for their right.

The movie is a reversal on economy. Instead of wanting a green filled land. They fought to preserve the desert and avoid the plants to grow. Plants and water would have been the death of the worms which was the prime source of all life through out the universe.

It is a powerfull movie. Goes to show, people find creative ways to deliver a message to the real world.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not trying to nitpick, but go back to the beginning of the post. I only counter 445, not 545. That extra hundred is either missing, or I just found the secret location of the entire shadow government! Yay, fact checking!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forsakenthinker
Not trying to nitpick, but go back to the beginning of the post. I only counter 445, not 545. That extra hundred is either missing, or I just found the secret location of the entire shadow government! Yay, fact checking!

100 Senators

435 Representatives

9 Supreme Court Justices

1 President

= 545 people

Also Congress has 5 delegates from various other territories and 1 Commissioner elected from Puerto Rico.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join