It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Expression/Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Whatever happened to freedom of expression/speech? I know that expression is not really in the U.S. Constitution, but it is an obvious one.

Ever since the war started, and even before that, I have noticed that people who were/are expressing their opinions mainly about politics, are getting bashed and being attacked for what they believe in. I know both freedoms relate to both sides of the argument, but I think we need a little control here. If the government does not enforce a tiny bit of control on both sides, then the U.S. would be ruled by Anarchists, and I know nobody wants that.

What is your opinion on this? What do you think?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What are you talking about?Just to clarify, the freedom of speech, a freedom given by God and only protected by law, is found in the first amendment to the constitution. "Expression" is not anywhere in the constitution, but is a creation in the recent decades of judicial activists' attempt to circumvent congress and the constitution.

Where is the right to free speech being attacked? Do people have the right to speek their position, to tell the emperor he has no clothes? Certainly. Do those with counter positions, those who feel the emperor is dressed appropriately, have the right to express their opinions in response? Why, of course. You also have the right to point out the flaws in their positions that they have missed, and they....., you get the point.

Has the plan been thwarted somehow or where?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm not saying that "expression and speech" are being attacked, I'm saying that some people who express these rights in the correct way, are attacked for it. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I hope I am getting it correct.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Any examples? What has made you wonder about this? Can you be a little more specific as this is theoretical to me. Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't want to post any instances, because if I do, people would say that the other side has the same rights as the side that is being accused.

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No evidence to support the charge. Case dismissed.
*Judge drops the gavel to the bench and heads for a crappy American beer in the fridge*

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
freedom of speech
in canada its non-existant all in the interest of political correctness

new topics

top topics

join