It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Earth a Neutron Star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is wild speculation, its probably way off which is why I'm posting it.

Basically my theory is based on the entire universe being alive, meaning stars, including the Sun, are living entities.

When large stars die, they erupt in a supernova leaving behind a nebula which other stars are formed from, and a neutron star. Neutron stars are made of Iron. Some end up collapsing into a black hole, and others just cool off and die.

What if the earth was one of these "dead" cores, and eventually found its way to orbit a new star, the sun? The earth has an iron core and is alive. Maybe the spark of life on earth is the same one that was in the original star. Maybe human consciousness is the manifestation of the original stars consciousness?

There is so much about the universe we don't know, and gaps that we fill in with educated guesses that often turn out to be way off. Anything is possible, we are very limited beings and by no means are we the pinnacle of life in the universe.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I love this theory and from what you say, it could very well be plausible.

For me, this is highly unlikely but not beyond the realms of possibility. It's not too often a planet wonders off on it's own from a galaxy, it's usually the whole galaxy that's moving and when it does find it's destination, it crashes into it with a big almighty bang.

I suppose then it could form a new galaxy with a new sun. The chances are slim, very slim but possible.

I also don't know about when the core dies off, is it possible to bring it back? Well Mars is dead isn't it? Haven't they thought of bringing it back by nuking the hell out of it? Or is this just to warm it up?

I don't know, definitely interesting though!

S&F

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Okay, now I know this will sound very crazy, but I must share this.
I will start by saying I saw the two suns with my own two eyes on the last Sunday of the last month. That vision set me on a new part of my journey. Ever since then I have been seeing two suns a lot, in music and videos. Then last week my husbands nose touched my forehead where the third eye is. I felt it, and he saw the spark. I made some off hand comment about my third eye being opened. This is something that I have had a hard time with, and is a kind of on going joke for us.
(Background on our joke. He had an OBE several years back while the two of us were meditating together. He went through the tunnel that people talk about and talked to what he said was a female light, liquid light is what we call it now. She told him I would come around soon, and that his gift is time, so we have been waiting.)

I was being so pulled to the moon that one night I went out and looked up to at it. It looked so full and beautiful. I firmly planted my feet and stretched out my hands. All of a sudden a warm wind hit the back of my hands, and it felt so good. I wanted something, anything, no, a connection with something. Well, as I watched the moon it started to rotate, and then I could see this black ring dancing around the it. Soon the black ring dropped from the moon and it was an egg. I watched, amazed by what I was seeing, as it descend to earth. But it wasn't to earth, it was coming towards me. Now the tip of what looked more like a comet had a red spiral of light DNA and it was headed right at my head. When it was over all I could do was go out of my skin with excitement. Jacobs ladder is what I kept saying in my mind. (I was raised a christian.) I must tell you that I am not now. That is a whole other part of my journey. I just wanted you to have some back ground so you could see where I was coming from.

I must say that I was reading your post and listening to No Surprise, by Daughtry. As I was doing so I could see, literally all the things coming together, back to our start as a binary star, with the moon as our twin star.
So maybe you are not so crazy.
Me, personally, have seen the system we live in as a force that is tearing down our planet, and do not wish to be a part of it anymore. Our environment, is being destroyed, our planet is being destroyed, our solar system is being destroyed. (Remember the rocket the shot at the moon? I take that as a personal assault!)
Will you? Will you wake up, please! I do not want wealth or fame, I want peace and love with my Brothers and Sisters, the Ones I can see, and the Ones I can not.
The next step, I do not know, but this is where I am on this journey.

Peace & Love to all

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sorry about the post if it was hard to understand. Things flow through very quickly and my thoughts are hard to put to screen.
Oh, and thank you for Posting this, it helped me to get outside myself.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
No.
A Neutron Star is NOT made of Iron. It's made of NEUTRONS (ie the subatomic particles)
See:

A neutron star is a type of stellar remnant that can result from the gravitational collapse of a massive star during a Type II, Type Ib or Type Ic supernova event.Such stars are composed almost entirely of neutrons, which are subatomic particles without electrical charge and a slightly larger mass than protons. Neutron stars are very hot and are supported against further collapse because of the Pauli exclusion principle. This principle states that no two neutrons (or any other fermionic particle) can occupy the same place and quantum state simultaneously.
From Here (I know Wikipedia is frown upon by some characters, but I don't give a rats ass
and in this case it suffices.)

I understand your premise, and to a certain extent, it relates to what we know of "Da Space". As all heavy elements are formed within the core of stars and then dispersed, mostly, at the final stages of stellar life, our Earth (and US as well) is made up of "dead stars"

Be well.
Drakus
edit on 23/3/2011 by drakus because: Added source

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a nutron star has millions of times more gravity then earth it is after all a dead star.
but i degress a star doesnt have to go nova or super nova to form a nutron star our sun will most likly end up being one as its to small to become a nova even it will start to shrink untill it becomes a white dwarf then form a crust and that my friend is a nutron star.
btw all of this will be taking place in oooo about 100 billion years or so.
the sun our yellow dwarf star is about 17 or 18 years old in human tearms or 5 billion years and it has alest taht much longer as a yellow dwarf untill it even starts to grow.
yea it wil grow first to a red giant then shrink 50 billion years later to a white dwarf the 50 billion years after taht for a crust and become a nutron star.
no earth has no star at its core if it did the gravity would be like 1 tea spoon of sand would weigh a billion pounds.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Earth is around 4.55 billion years old and given the best determination of the age of our Universe, puts it at around 13.75, this would mean that our Earth is made up of a whole bunch of stuff. In fact, we are all part of the Universe. So to speak.

Nice question, look forward to her more opinions on it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Fortunately for us, your hypothesis is most likely wrong. If we examine the properties of a neutron star, we will understand why this is so:

A neutron star is so dense that one teaspoon (5 milliliters) of its material would have a mass over 5.5×10^12kg, about 900 times the mass of the Great Pyramid of Giza.[13] The resulting force of gravity is so strong that if an object were to fall from a height of one meter it would only take one microsecond to hit the surface of the neutron star, and would do so at around 2000 kilometers per second, or 7.2 million kilometers per hour.

Neutron stars are known to have rotation periods between about 1.4 ms to 30 seconds. The neutron star's compactness also gives it very high surface gravity, up to 7×10^12 m/s2 with typical values of a few ×10^12 m/s2 (that is more than 10^11 times of that of Earth).

en.wikipedia.org...

Consider that a the typical radius of a neutron star is about 10-20km, now imagine the mass and force of gravity of a neutron star with the radius of the Earth (~6400km) and you will see why your hypothesis fails immediately. Besides, a neutron star would not even form that large, it would just collapse into a black hole.

but i degress a star doesnt have to go nova or super nova to form a nutron star our sun will most likly end up being one as its to small to become a nova even it will start to shrink untill it becomes a white dwarf then form a crust and that my friend is a nutron star.

No. Neutron stars are formed from the collapse of much larger stars than our own and only form from supernovae (as the poster above me pointed out). Our star will become a red giant, shed its layers, and become a white dwarf while leaving behind a planetary nebula.

White dwarf != neutron star
edit on 23-3-2011 by DisappearCompletely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing this up for me. I can see now based on current understanding it is unlikely.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It actually is not a wild theory, with all the heavy elements Earth possesses it could have been formed from the remnants of several super nova events in earth's vicinity, of which there is no evidence.

A particular super nova event produces specific heavy elements, but no single one will produce all of the elements that are found on Earth. Earth may actually have evolved from a dying neutron star. Since black holes and neutron stars evaporate, eventually a body with heavy elements and not as massive as a star should result.

We cannot correlate the creation of stars and planets to a single cosmological event, therefore this provides an additional possibility of planet formation.

Also, what is taking place at the core of Earth: fission or solid iron? Well, it depends on the (heavy) elements in Earth's core.

So, whether Earth was formed from nebular dust or it is a remnant of a neutron star is not something we can determine with today's technology.

Well, we could believe that the remnant of the neutron star is what created life on Earth!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
. Neutron stars are made of Iron. Some end up collapsing into a black hole, and others just cool off and die.

Uh... yes, and if you put peanut butter in a microwave it turns into diamonds.

You may want to back up there sparky.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, every High-school teacher knows that methane in the microwave makes diamonds. That is how the vibrating membranes of speakers are coded with a diamond.

What's your excuse?

new topics

top topics

join