It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Hum/Rumble Analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm the clown doing the Google map of the compass/earth rumble tracking on it.

Here is my analysis of the Earth hum that we've been discussing. I don't do YouTube any more so the video is via link which is here. The original audio MP3 is included on the page. Easter egg of the Apollo 8 launch (my favorite) at the end. The video is Silverlight.

I took the recording of the Earth hum that I have (surprise! Got a great MP3 of it) and did a comparison of it next to two other natural sound recordings from the USGS. This rumble audio was recorded at the highest quality that I have available with our studio system.

The Earth hum/rumble audio is very deep in nature (low frequencies). You should either use good quality headphones or a surround sound system to listen to it. You can take the MP3 and do your own work with it.

edit on 22-3-2011 by billxam because: added content

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry, call me dumb or whatever but I don't get your point. I saw the video and listened to the sound recording afterwards and you say you made a comparison between this recording and other 2 sounds. And what's your conclusion? I really don't see your point, sorry. :

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think the sound sounds more like the rocket engine while taking off than any of them but peeps say they see nothing around when they hear the sound. It lasting 20 mins and ending in a bright flash cancels many things out. I would vote right now on a cloaked worldly or unworldly flying object...But, thats just me...

Thanks for your work....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kromaion
I'm sorry, call me dumb or whatever but I don't get your point. I saw the video and listened to the sound recording afterwards and you say you made a comparison between this recording and other 2 sounds. And what's your conclusion? I really don't see your point, sorry. :<

OK, I'll bite! You're...

Oh, damn t&c!

Thank you for yet again taking your time to enlighten us by broadening our perspective on this collection of anomalous information. You, dude, are the man. Plain and simple. 'Nuff said. Now I'll listen...

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Whoever comes up with the theory that it's and airplane or a rocked lanch (lol?) is just trolling the forum. I mean, seriously?? A rocket launch everywhere? Or a plane flying by over a city for 20-30 mins? Not even a freaking balloon would take so long to pass through.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I appreciate your taking the time to plot all the reports on the map. Hard to find a definitive pattern in it all, but it certainly appears to be global, as I deduced from all the replies in various posts pertaining to the phenomenon.

So, now we can clearly see that it is world-wide. I would say that there is no way jet engines are being test-fired around the globe, nor is deep-bore drilling occurring simultaneously in all of these locations. What logical conclusion can we draw from this?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Shame it's mp3 wav or flac would have better for audio analysis.

I'm curious, what equipment did you use to get this recording ? I'm talking in terms of mic and recording device.

Also the fact you've enhanced (tampered) with the file instead of giving a raw file just makes any attempt at analysis pointless.

It has however given me an idea for my final year project at uni though so thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
And,may I add
where is the comparison to the videos,like in florida,even though maybe poor sound quality,but still could pull something out of it.
But thanks anyways!
We need to compare it to what sounds have been recorded and posted.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Having listened, I tend to hear similar features between the Florida audio and the last earth hum audio in the video. Did I just say audio in the video?

The overwhelming sense I had in listening to the Florida recording was of the immense power behind the sound, and not the sound itself. Alone, it just sounds like prolonged static, minus the crackling. The earth hum recording had a similar, non-descriptive hmmm to it. I know it sounds kooky, and I'm fumbling for the right word, and although the sounds was enhanced,

and folks, we enhance stimuli in order for it to be perceived by our senses...it's why some people wear glasses, so lowly whiners please, take the raw file and run with it, and stop with the lambasting

it too conveyed power. No - although I couldn't hear the pattern, I sensed there WAS a pattern in the hum but I was deaf to its cadence. There! Now I sound like a nut-job! The Florida sound indicated a coming meteorological event, such as a tornado. In listening to the earth hum, I could almost hear how, listening to it outside, I'd have concern that it was time to find Auntie Em's lean-to.

Btw, great video - you sound very experienced. I'd join were I in Michigan, but then I probably wouldn't want to be a member if you let me in.

edit on 3/22/2011 by chasingbrahman because: I wasn't done typing!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
1) Sorry, but you did not use the original Florida video.
2) It would really help if you started using spectrograms instead of typical RTA type analysis. Spectrograms offer a distinct advantage in that you can see the broadband frequency content over time of something instead of just a fundamental over time.
3) MP3's are lossy compression. That means you actually lose something when converted to MP3. And considering that the lowest frequencies are some of the most affected in that loss, they make particularly bad files to analyze from- especially when dealing with frequencies as low as are in the original Florida video.
4) If your analyzer cannot clearly display the range from 15 to 30 Hz, again, it's kind of pointless when analyzing frequencies this low.

Conclusion: analysis really not applicable to the original Florida video, and on many counts.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I wish this video was in Hi-Def. With that said, from what I can tell your crude spectrum analysis is enlightening. All the sounds seem very similar. The harmonics of the frequencies are so close to each other. I am wondering if you have taken into consideration the doppler shift of the frequencies, meaning these could possibly be the same signal generating from the same source, obviously captured at different places. Something to consider.

In short, it looks like it is the same signal to me, when one takes into account doppler shift. Peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

The raw file because of the low frequencies was enhanced just to be able to hear it on normal speakers. My bad, should have included the raw files. I have additional files that could be used but the quality is dubious.

The raw files are now in various formats here.

The microphones were positioned at the edge of a 40 foot cliff behind the studio facing NNW and NNE. The end effect was open air to infinity above and 40 feet below the microphones. The Flora surrounding the area are bare limbed trees consisting of Oak, Cherry, Pine and Cottonwood. Ground cover is decaying leaves, downed tree limbs. Snow cover is 0, ground was moist, no green growth. Sharp hill 75 feet past the edge of cliff, covered in forest shrubbery.

Time of the recording was 2:45 am, 21-3-11. Human activity: Nearest human activity, 5 miles, blocked by 3 story wooden structure. No roads to north. Extraneous human caused noise is none. This is the same spot where we record our ambient sound CD files.

Equipment used:

Schure: SM58
Position separation, 75 degrees, 7 foot separation
Recording atmosphere: 78% humidity, temp. 34F
Pre-amp: Behringer 2 bus mixer, EQ at 0
Recording software: Audacity

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The original Florida video is garbage. The microphones in a camcorder (and probably not a very good one) aren't able to pick up the sounds.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

If the 'raw' file was enhanced then it is not the raw file.

I see that ludicrously short clip has been over amplified, even to the point that at some places it has been clipped. It is quite clear that this has been done by upping the gain instead of using 'Amplify' which will not permit over-driving in this manner.

Personally I would like to get the real raw data file but in the mean time this is
1) not seismic in any way shape or form,
2) has what appears to be a Doppler shift in it which would indicate possibly the source passing by - even if at a distance.
3) there are at least two places where it sounds like wind noise
4) if you think that being 5 miles from human habitation will ensure no man made sounds then you are very much mistaken.

I live in the country 1.5 miles from the nearest road that could be called a 'main road' and 5 miles as the crow flies from the nearest railway line. Neither road or rail are used much at night after 11pm. It is so quiet that we can hear dogs barking over 2 miles away. Depending on the weather conditions we can hear the trains clearly, and vehicles on the road well over 7 miles away. In addition overhead aircraft when they start coming over around 3.30 to 4am inbound from the States we can hear well past the flyover point - which itself is 35,000 feet on average over us at that time in the morning - to when they vanish over the far hills - which are well in excess of 20 miles away.

Until I get to hear the proper raw sound file - and longer than a ridiculous few seconds - then in my opinion this is a mechanically produced sound and possibly traffic or (lightish) aircraft related.

I would need at the minimum 5 to 10 minutes of the sound to do a proper analysis. Why is the sound so short? 17 seconds is not enough to analyse anything. This is the You Tube syndrome - cut the video of the UFO of after a few seconds so no one can determine what is going on.

Edit to add: Can you explain why your project rate / sample rate is 8000Hz as well please?

edit on 23/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Just have a few questions

-microphone used with or without wind screen
-bit and sample rate
-direction of where you perceived sound emanating from in relation to front of Mic
-if you have access to a sound pressure meter could you take some readings if the sound returns?
-were you using a conditioned power supply?
-You recorded a stereo file?
-do you have access to a more sensitive microphone if the sound returns?

My initial impression is that it sounds very electrical, almost like a 60 cycle hum found in unconditioned power but not as consistent sounding. It also seems as if there is a lack of ambient noise considering it was recorded outside. I also think a mono sound file will be easier to analyze.
edit on 24-3-2011 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I love Bill Xam, bill i just threw a beer can over my shoulder, it feels great

new topics

top topics

join